265 replies to this topic

#26 luke314pi

luke314pi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

I missed these as well. I am looking forward to the next color!

#27 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

nice pics Ghostlion! How many pieces is the Armorvor body?

#29 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Each limb is three pieces, and the torso is four (counting the head and optional backpack).

Y'know, I love my classic Battle Beasts, and I'm probably gonna get some Beast Saga figures too...but I'm actually not that into animal-themed stuff. For the Armorvor, I find myself using the backpack as the head, and the helmet as a winged backpack. Makes him look kinda like a Hammer drone from Iron Man II!

But yeah, the figure is as chunky and fun as he looks in the pics. And remember...more are only a few weeks away...

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#30 aimforthetop

aimforthetop

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Paleontology, Military History, toys and console gaming 1980s-early1990s

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

The next Onell sale ("drop") is September 5. A black Armovor will be available.

#31 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Count me in. This time I won't miss the Armovors.

#32 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

The next Onell sale ("drop") is September 5. A black Armovor will be available.

so how do you know when they drop? do you have to keep refreshing the onell design store? is it always the same time? and what's up with the code game in the blog?

#33 Chogokin Jawa

Chogokin Jawa

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

What was the release time for the first Armorvor?

#34 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

Man I'd love to try and get one. But I am probably going to be gone all day that wednesday exhibiting at a fair. Is there anyone who is going to be ordering these that would be willing to order an extra one for me?

#35 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

This is why I both love and hate limited edition, DIY toys. I missed these the last time. I fear I will miss it again.

#36 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I wouldn't really worry if you miss it or not, they will always sell the same Armorvor sculpt every month, only in different colors each time.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#37 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

This may be a pinheaded question but where do you buy the alternate heads and such? never really followed this stuff but it keeps catching my eye.
Posted Image

#38 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

This may be a pinheaded question but where do you buy the alternate heads and such? never really followed this stuff but it keeps catching my eye.

Marty, aka theGodbeast. Head over to his blog, and you'll see a lot of the different heads that he offers. All of the heads are sculpted either by Marty himself, or Jason Frailey, who originally sculpted the Armorvor body and wolf head that is going into production.

http://thegodbeast.blogspot.com/

#39 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Marty, aka theGodbeast. Head over to his blog, and you'll see a lot of the different heads that he offers. All of the heads are sculpted either by Marty himself, or Jason Frailey, who originally sculpted the Armorvor body and wolf head that is going into production.

http://thegodbeast.blogspot.com/

I saw them posted there but do u just email him for them since they are not listed?
Posted Image

#40 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yup, just drop Marty a line, super nice guy and amazing work for the price :)
-Barry

#41 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

I saw them posted there but do u just email him for them since they are not listed?

Yep! Email Marty. He's super nice to deal with. I've been dealing with him for almost 10 years now. He never actually lists any of his stuff on his site. Just give him an e-mail.

#42 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

now I just need something to put the heads on LOL
Posted Image

#43 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Most of the additional heads look wonky on the armorvor body, I say kitbash your own bodies to fit the heads.

#44 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

When you start getting stuff from Marty you can't stop yourself getting more. I have never been disappointed by any Marty's stuff so far and i'm sure I will never be.

Edited by lord, 30 August 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#45 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Most of the additional heads look wonky on the armorvor body, I say kitbash your own bodies to fit the heads.

If by wonky you mean looks fantastic then you are correct. Each of Marty's heads and Jason's heads are knock outs. I should know because I have them all and have used them on both the production and prototype bodies. Don't know which ones Eric has, if any, but I wouldn't judge by photos, even though I haven't seen any wonky photos. Enhancements like outer space men bat wings to a body with a bat head or Spy Monkey creations dragon wings to a body with either dragon head compliment the overall look of the figure. I believe Matt Doughty mentioned in comments on his blog that we could see production versions of some of these heads in the future. I hope for the Granthan heads as those Dino noggins are killer on an Armovor body.

#46 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

If by wonky you mean looks fantastic then you are correct. Each of Marty's heads and Jason's heads are knock outs. I should know because I have them all and have used them on both the production and prototype bodies. Don't know which ones Eric has, if any, but I wouldn't judge by photos, even though I haven't seen any wonky photos. Enhancements like outer space men bat wings to a body with a bat head or Spy Monkey creations dragon wings to a body with either dragon head compliment the overall look of the figure. I believe Matt Doughty mentioned in comments on his blog that we could see production versions of some of these heads in the future. I hope for the Granthan heads as those Dino noggins are killer on an Armovor body.

I think when he said wonky he meant wonky.

I love the body and some of the heads are pretty fantastic.

That being said a bulky stocky body works perfectly with a lot of those heads but with some it just looks silly.

Posted Image

That just looks funny.

A cool head sculpt and a cool body sculpt does not always equal a cool figure.

#47 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Ah, the Sphinx head. I like that head cause it does cool/funny like he's the one trying to buff up in the armor. Eric did say MOST of the heads look out of place but that's cool. I do believe this head existed before the Armorvor came into being though and wasn't ever meant to be an Armorvor head. Marty did this one up around the Kabuto Mushi days. I thought it was cool so I took a pic of it to share. But its like going to the Armorvor thread and looking at the pics people are posting of silly things like a Hello Kitty head on an Armorvor. When a head that was not meant to go on the body is put on the body, then, yes, it may look out of place. I believe Jason and Marty sculpt all the heads going forward from the wolf head using the Armorvor body for reference.

#48 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

I think a lot of the heads are hit and miss.
The 4 Jason did are off the hook awesome (Wolf, Lion, Bat, Gator) and the Cobra that Marty made is killer. But the rest? Meh, not my cup of tea. Too blocky and linear for my tastes. Although the cat is kind of kewl, too.

#49 aimforthetop

aimforthetop

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Paleontology, Military History, toys and console gaming 1980s-early1990s

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

I think a lot of the heads are hit and miss.
The 4 Jason did are off the hook awesome (Wolf, Lion, Bat, Gator) and the Cobra that Marty made is killer. But the rest? Meh, not my cup of tea. Too blocky and linear for my tastes. Although the cat is kind of kewl, too.

Not a fan of the shark? I think it's the best one.

#50 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

The two dragons, the Granthan, and the second cobra were sculpted straight from Matt Doughty's sketches and were approved by him before being released.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com