#151 BrockenmanJr

BrockenmanJr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:37 AM

CglM2SeU4AAEZAU.jpg

Looks like manga colours Warsman and Robin Mask are on their way!

#152 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

Oh wow, I can't say that wasn't expected, but I don't know how I feel about it...not sure I want to double dip on reprints at this point, I wonder what this means for ashuraman...amongst others....?

#153 BrockenmanJr

BrockenmanJr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:47 AM

Oh wow, I can't say that wasn't expected, but I don't know how I feel about it...not sure I want to double dip on reprints at this point, I wonder what this means for ashuraman...amongst others....?

Yeah, it's definitely surprising, I would've thought they'd focus on making more new figures but if the money's there, I suppose this is what they're gonna do (especially in Warsman's case, considering he's not easy to find for a reasonable price tag).

Certain reprints might interest me, say if they did a Devil Buffaloman for instance, but I can't justify buying the same set of figures twice.

#154 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:24 AM

I'd be glad to get a reasonably priced Warsman this time around. Not keen on the Robin repaint though.

#155 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:13 PM

Barracuda head Robin is a very nice touch! Since these are regular releases and not web exclusives I will most likely pick them up as they are sure to be discounted!

img22_sm04_z.jpg

#156 BrockenmanJr

BrockenmanJr

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:26 AM

There are some really nice little extras with these new figures, Robin's also got a helmet with the front spike/Anoalo Staff, Warsman comes with a repaint of the maskless head that came with Neptuneman. Big the Budo also comes with a Neptune King head, not sure if that's new info or not but it's the first I've seen of it, and I like it! 

Can't see myself picking up another Robin but the repaint looks like the only way I'll be getting my hands on Warsman now.

Lots of new pics and details on the Tamashii Nations site. http://tamashii.jp/special/kinnikuman/

#157 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:25 AM

I wonder how likely it is that Bandai will branch out into some of the more weirdly designed and crazy looking characters.

Since we've already got 2 of the 6 Devil Knights, I'd love to see Junkman and Sunshine especially.

It seems they've gone for more of the human like characters so far (except for Akuma Shogun)

#158 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:57 PM

I wonder how likely it is that Bandai will branch out into some of the more weirdly designed and crazy looking characters.

Since we've already got 2 of the 6 Devil Knights, I'd love to see Junkman and Sunshine especially.

It seems they've gone for more of the human like characters so far (except for Akuma Shogun)

It will be interesting, however they are certainly being cautious having issued a second Kinnikuman version and now Warsman and Robin Mask. I guess they were surprised to find Ataru not selling out as fast as they'd anticipated, most likely due to his absence from the current manga story.

Thankfully however I can't see them doing many more repaints others than Ashuraman (Blue).

I just wish they'd hurry up and give us Ramenman, Terry, Blackhole and Pentagon already! lol

#159 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

It will be interesting, however they are certainly being cautious having issued a second Kinnikuman version and now Warsman and Robin Mask. I guess they were surprised to find Ataru not selling out as fast as they'd anticipated, most likely due to his absence from the current manga story.

Thankfully however I can't see them doing many more repaints others than Ashuraman (Blue).

I just wish they'd hurry up and give us Ramenman, Terry, Blackhole and Pentagon already! lol

I think it's interesting that of all the Throne Scramble teams, team Soldier is the first one to be completed. I guess it's a popular group of characters, but you'd think we'd have gotten heavy hitters like Ramenman and Terryman already,

Kendaman would also be really neat if they could find some way to make his chain articulated so it could actually be posed like he's swinging his head.

#160 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

Not being able to find Warsman for a reasonable price kept me from committing to this line. Now they're releasing him in my favorite colors! Looks great.

However, when I wasn't paying attention, Big the Budo came and left. I had no idea he was even for preorder, I didn't see him advertised on any of my usual online shops. Now that the Ninja is showing up for $90 at places, I'm terrified what prices will keep me from getting one.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy place I can still order/preorder Big the Budo at/close to MSRP? And if that seems an impossibility, how likely do you think it is we'd see him in Green & White? I prefer the Anime scheme, but that wouldn't be a bad alternative, and is kind of more unique.

#161 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

Not being able to find Warsman for a reasonable price kept me from committing to this line. Now they're releasing him in my favorite colors! Looks great.

However, when I wasn't paying attention, Big the Budo came and left. I had no idea he was even for preorder, I didn't see him advertised on any of my usual online shops. Now that the Ninja is showing up for $90 at places, I'm terrified what prices will keep me from getting one.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy place I can still order/preorder Big the Budo at/close to MSRP? And if that seems an impossibility, how likely do you think it is we'd see him in Green & White? I prefer the Anime scheme, but that wouldn't be a bad alternative, and is kind of more unique.

Damn dude, pre-orders for Budo closed last week. He was webshop exscluive, so your oly options now are to deal with scalpers, or have your fingers crossed places get a few more in-stock at release. Only store I can still see pre-orders at is http://www.nin-nin-g...iguarts-en.html

#162 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

Right, even paid for my Ninja and forgot he should be on his way to me soon. That should be interesting to check out.

Big the Budo could turn out to be a scary proposition to get on the secondary market, depends on how many end up for sale. Some big Tamashii Web exclusives flood the market and end up insanely cheap, like the Machine Itashaa from Akibaranger, and others become more like... well, Ultra-Act Golza was an incredibly painful purchase years back thanks to the exchange rate, yet panned out as a bargain compared to some secondary market prices for him now!

I wasn't super-excited to get on him, since July is also TFcon month, but I grabbed Big! Decided to pass on Great, but I felt okay with that choice. I feel like if I have to absolutely gamble on an exclusive, he's the right one to hold off and I'm not huge into Terry.

#163 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

Right, even paid for my Ninja and forgot he should be on his way to me soon. That should be interesting to check out.

Big the Budo could turn out to be a scary proposition to get on the secondary market, depends on how many end up for sale. Some big Tamashii Web exclusives flood the market and end up insanely cheap, like the Machine Itashaa from Akibaranger, and others become more like... well, Ultra-Act Golza was an incredibly painful purchase years back thanks to the exchange rate, yet panned out as a bargain compared to some secondary market prices for him now!

I wasn't super-excited to get on him, since July is also TFcon month, but I grabbed Big! Decided to pass on Great, but I felt okay with that choice. I feel like if I have to absolutely gamble on an exclusive, he's the right one to hold off and I'm not huge into Terry.

You don't need to worry about Great yet. Web orders typically close 3 months before release, so even though he's been up since Big, we've still got a couple of months left.I'll be sure to remind everyone when Tamashii announces pre-order close on their website.

On the subject of Ninja, i'm so glad I decided to pre-order him. RRP was 6,480Â¥, but now, a day after release, selling for 21,000Â¥ https://www.nippon-y...ed-edition.html

Crazy Town! I guess Ninja was a lot more popular than expected. They probably could have got away with doing a regular release, but were worried he wouldn't sell like Neptuneman.

#164 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:58 AM

I totally forgot Great was that far a release, dang! I meant more that I intended not to go for him though, rather than concern myself with budgeting for both him and Big, but that far in advance maybe I'll reconsider.

Mandarake was asking 18k for The Ninja and apparently the figure has actually been selling for 14k+. So unless the line crashes and people unload their collections, I think we're looking at one of the more expensive Tamashii Web scenarios here!

#165 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:49 PM

Hard to determine which colors they'd go with for the the OCE, but I tried to emulate the CCP Muscular Collection scheme.

Bs5icfb.jpg

What do you think? I think a lot of people would go for it.

#166 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

There were a few Ninjas and Warsman figures that sold on eBay recently for under $100us.

#167 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:12 AM

Good old CDJ has the best prices as usual:

S.H.Figuarts Kinnikuman Warsman Original Color Edition - 3700yen (26%OFF)

http://www.cdjapan.c...t/NEOGDS-188765

S.H.Figuarts Kinnikuman RobinMask Original Color Edition - 3700yen (26%OFF)

http://www.cdjapan.c...t/NEOGDS-188766

#168 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:48 AM

Happy Kinnikuman Day!

http://blog.livedoor...1056464324.html

62f54fb4-s.jpg

#169 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

Made a Brocken Jr. OCE

8Vbywt1.jpg

He seems like a lower ranked officer with this deco. I like both versions, no real preference for me. Seems like two different characters, or the same guy at different points in his life. Is there any truth to that?

And Akuma Shogun OCE
Ad9gNwy.jpg

9CshAxI.jpg

I generally prefer all red to red/purple. And both over the silver/red combo.

Edited by toyhandle, 29 April 2016 - 09:54 PM.

#170 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

I made some more
OCE Ashuraman - The one everyone wants
uR7nhjP.jpg

OCE Neptuneman
3GUSa1y.jpg

OCE Kinnikuman Great - Not sure exactly what the official color of the pants are, but went with the one I think looks a bit beter.
ILZnt8w.jpg

OCE The Ninja - I think this one is far better than the original, and wouldn't be surprised to see it one day.
YRg5I5n.jpg

Edited by toyhandle, 01 May 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#171 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

I made three more, and now I'm finished.

OCE Kinnikuman - Would be more appealing if they gave him some unique heads/accessories, which so far seems to be the case with OCE figures.
M9et8DE.jpg

OCE Buffaloman
g32dKxG.jpg

Red Buffaloman
r7gckFh.jpg

And all of them together.
Dod6yrG.gif

#172 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

does anyone know where I can get these exclusive figures for less than 200 dollars? geeze. I thought this was gonna be an easy, laid back, collect at my own leisure series. I cant even afford to collect these and eat 5 times a week. help a poor man out.

if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#173 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

It's possible to get The Ninja for under $200, but not significantly less unless you get lucky and found someone who preordered him and was willing to sell him at cost (so around $70-80 after shipping) rather than at a profit. Big the Budo's preorders already closed too, so you'd have to find a Japanese store accepting orders. I don't know if the link given earlier still works, or what other places might have open orders besides that.

#174 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:11 AM

My Ninja arrived yesterday!!

GX1eZpK.jpg

1AvAwrx.jpglILutv4.jpg

#175 warsmankinniku

warsmankinniku

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Man, does anybody know where I can find a ninja figuart thats not for an outrageous amount?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com