• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 07:01 PM

They were alot better than expected. Go HERE to see the review!

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 07:31 PM

Cool! I like the articulation and the size... but the lack of paint on the joints is really distracting. I don't think I'll get any if they don't fix that...

-Nathan

#3 ShujiYomo

ShujiYomo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 08:19 PM

I think the joints not having paint kind of gives the figures character ... I'll probably pick up a few of these.
Posted Image

#4 SeiferA

SeiferA

*poses*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 08:53 PM

I wonder if those game cards are the exact same cards from Japan, but translated...

#5 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 11:35 PM

mine.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 08:34 AM

I wonder if those game cards are the exact same cards from Japan, but translated...

They are the same as come with the 15 packs of PVC guys.

#7 Kamehame

Kamehame

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:45 PM

I have not get one myself, but by looking at the pics, I kinda disappointed of its accessories. well, the accessories for king muscle and kid muscle are fine. But as for others, I don't know why they put it there (unless it is something that shows later in the cartoon). Compare to the toy made by romando, surely it is not the same class. Also, the box doesn't look very good neither. Am I just too picky ?

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:59 PM

Compared to Romando, they aren't in the same catagory, but then again, $8 vs. $30 allows for a MUCH better figure!
I agree, some of the accessories just seem to be thrown in for the sake of having an accessory.
On a positive note, the articulation on these guys BLOWS AWAY the Romandos, which are very articulate in themselves.

My take:

Articulation: Bandai
Paint: Romando
Sculpt: Romando
Value for the price: tie!
Accessibility: Bandai (DUH!)

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 06:25 AM

From what I've seen, I think these new figures are much nicer than Romandohs. I've never really liked the "bubbly" nature of Romandohs, and the sculpts of most of the figures don't really match their cartoon versions. Maybe that's the point, and maybe they're trying for a "Kinnikuman Extreme" type of idea, but I'd rather have figures that are faithful to the cartoon. I mean, the Kinnikuman Romandoh wasn't even close...

The new figures have sculpts that are both more accurate to the cartoon and better proportioned; better articulation; and are drastically cheaper. In the Romandoh vs. Bandai war, I think Bandai wins hands down.

But Bandai needs to paint the joints. Seriously. <_<

-Nathan

#10 Kamehame

Kamehame

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:12 AM

I have seen similar figures (the 6.5" one) from Japan. I am wondering whether the US version is produced by the same original hand-made figure as the Japan version. (I personally think so) But surely, when they pass it to the factory, the components and other implementation details aren't the same. And yes, I argee that the price reflect the quality. And I also think that the popularity reflect the target retail price. Hopefully when this cartoon get more popular in US, they would introduce higher quality figures.

#11 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:18 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the boards, but a longtime Kinnikuman/MUSCLE fan.

Anyway, I just got a pair of the Japanese Nisei figures and thought I'd post some comparisons of them to the US version.

The packs being compared are the Jade/Kevin Mask pack to the US Jaeger and Kevin Mask.

As stated earlier, the paint ops are much less on the US versions and the joints are oddly colored, but the toys themselves are exactly the same.

On the Japanese ones there are much more detail (Kevin Mask has a painted earring, belt details and tattoo, while Jade has detailed buttons, laces, and helmet details.)

Also the figures are all painted, including the joints and fleshtone, so they look much less "cheap" than the US ones (they should, as they cost twice as much! :woot:

My pictures are not high res so you probably can't see , but the Japanese versions all have airbrushed shading on the muscles and costumes, making them look more like the quality of the Romando figures, with less weight.

Posted Image

Overall, I really like the figures. The Japanese ones look much better, but are expensive and do not include accessories or cards.

The US ones aren't perfect looking, but are great fun toys.

Anyway, on to the pictures:

SpyMagician

#12 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:19 PM

Jade Comparison picture

Posted Image

#13 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:20 PM

Kevin Mask comparison pictures (front):

Posted Image

#14 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:20 PM

Kevin Mask comparison pictures (back):

Posted Image

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 10:36 PM

I added this stuff to the G2 Action Figures page at the AKIA! Killer deal man, THANKS!!!!!!

#16 SpyMagician

SpyMagician

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 02:51 AM

Hey Everybody!

Looks like Bandai is starting to correct the odd joint colors on the US figures.

A poster on the Toymania.com boards posted a pic of his US Kid Muscle and Jaeger and they have fleshtone elbow hinges, though the pegs, knees and ankles are still all grey.

Still, it's a step in the right direction.

His post: http://www.toymania....ges/41493.shtml

SpyMagician

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com