Theme© by Fisana

Photo

1980s Neon Orange Insect Warriors & Bug Riders

Best Answer MantisFang , 10 July 2016 - 04:37 PM

From a line called Stingers & Wings by Arco
Screenshot_20160710_173226_picsay.jpg

Pulled this image from an Instagram user looking for these figures.

Fantasytoysoldiers blog also has some pics and info on these.
http://fantasytoysol...bugmen.html?m=1 Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Froggacuda

Froggacuda

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

I got these in the early to mid '80s and can't at all remember what they are. I think they originally came in a set of many, and the standing guy must once have had weapons (he has weapon holes in his hands). The standing guy is about 2.25"-2.5" tall. They look like some kind of Masters of the Universe/Sectaurs knockoff, maybe with a little Kamen Rider thrown in. Definitely some MOTU-style fur underwear there. Hard plastic with no markings of any kind. The spider beast steed is actually a really nice sculpt.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files

#2 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:37 PM   Best Answer

From a line called Stingers & Wings by Arco
Screenshot_20160710_173226_picsay.jpg

Pulled this image from an Instagram user looking for these figures.

Fantasytoysoldiers blog also has some pics and info on these.
http://fantasytoysol...bugmen.html?m=1

Edited by MantisFang, 10 July 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

Those are amazing, dude!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 Froggacuda

Froggacuda

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:12 PM

Thanks MantisFang, that's fantastic! So glad to be able to put a name to them now so I can (try to) research them further. I remember the purple scorpion and the castle thing, but had forgotten about the purple guys.

Draznar, thanks a lot!

#5 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

I would love to have these if you are willing to trade or sell. I would make it well worth your time!

#6 Froggacuda

Froggacuda

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:37 AM

I would love to have these if you are willing to trade or sell. I would make it well worth your time!

(I replied to you via private message too, but I'll also reply here in case others are reading.)

Thanks so much for your interest!  I'm thinking of selling them, but to be honest, I wouldn't even know where to begin as far as price goes-- plus there are multiple parties interested in them.  And I'm not really looking to trade (but thank you!), since I'm currently trying to "thin the herd" and sell the parts of my collection I don't absolutely need.  So I think what I'm going to do is put these on eBay, with a modest opening bid, and let the market decide.  Seems to me like the fairest course at this point.  I'll put them on today or within the next couple days or so, with "Stingers & Wings" in the title.

Thanks again (and to the other interested parties too); I really had no idea people were looking for these!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com