• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:33 AM

Showcase #65: Animax Shop 29th Anniversary Limited Display Case

I recently acquired this display case, in 2008 the 29th anniversary Kinnikuman DVD set was released. The release had some special tie-in promotions upon its release.

According to the listing on yahoojapan this came from the Animax Shop but what I dont know is if it was a pre-order promotion or if this was the actual store display of the re-release Kinkeshi sculpts (which I just recently sold!).

This was the listing: https://page.auction...tion/x525606406

For 7,471 yen I thought it was an interesting piece of Kinnikuman history to own.

I was concerned it would get damaged while being shipped but luckily it was not.

The thing is bigger than I thought and gorgeous! It has a door latch that you can open but there is no way the Kinkeshi can stand on their own without falling (haha).

I might have some left over acrylic shelves pieces that could fit those same dimensions, then I could put some double sided tape and have the Kinkeshi stand perfectly.

I might use this to display the creme de la creme Kinkeshi in my collection :)

Attached File  782584.jpg   74.51K   7 downloads

Attached File  20180322_154839.jpg   121.96K   9 downloadsAttached File  20180322_154907.jpg   133.03K   6 downloads

Attached File  20180322_155156.jpg   145.36K   3 downloadsAttached File  20180322_155206.jpg   165.58K   2 downloads

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 22 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

I put my Part 28 to Part 30 Kinkeshi sculpts inside and they look good:

Attached File  20180322_181256.jpg   166.13K   15 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 22 March 2018 - 09:16 AM.

#3 kingkarl

kingkarl

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:muscle, street fighter, combat sports, pro wrestling, taxidermy, hard drinking and being an all round good egg!

Posted 22 March 2018 - 11:56 PM

that's a great looking case. I love the colourway on his mask.  looks like a traditional luchador.  I had a similar case, unbranded, that someone gave me to present my muscle collection in.  managed to squeeze them all in using glue dots, transparent blu tack stuff, to hold them up......effing disaster!  you only had to look at the bloody things let alone try and mount the case on a wall and they'd all go clattering over!

after a few fits of fury the muscle were back in their jar and the case is in the attic somewhere!  ought to find something else to put in there really...................

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:54 AM

that's a great looking case. I love the colourway on his mask. looks like a traditional luchador. I had a similar case, unbranded, that someone gave me to present my muscle collection in. managed to squeeze them all in using glue dots, transparent blu tack stuff, to hold them up......effing disaster! you only had to look at the bloody things let alone try and mount the case on a wall and they'd all go clattering over!
after a few fits of fury the muscle were back in their jar and the case is in the attic somewhere! ought to find something else to put in there really...................

Try using double sided tape on the shelves, that works like a charm for me!

#5 m.u.s.c.l.e.figures

m.u.s.c.l.e.figures

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Any Mini Figures really

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

Can you still buy this case? Where can I find one?

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

I bought mine on yahoojapan (but they are not readily available or at least I have not seen another one in the 5 yrs I have been collecting Kinkeshi).

#7 tennunb

tennunb

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Currently collecting:-
    G2 MIMP
    Ghostbusters Companions
    Z-bots
    SLUG Zombies
    Ewoks (All types)
    Kombattini
    Battle Beasts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

That's an awesome display, shame they don't release them in higher numbers really

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com