Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

May be it was because your a jerk?

Hahahahaha....Nice of you to show up, TMAN....hahahahaha

#27 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

Hey JustChillin, 

I bought a 153P last year and had been in the market for one for about two years. I actually got the cheapest one that I saw auctioned off in that time (excluding the value of other figures in the lo) I paid about $400 USD for it. The other ones all seemed to close in the $500-$700 range. There were some that went into the $1000s but were relisted against, as it appears people were bidding them up and not actually paying for them. Based on what I saw while pricing the figure and watching eBay I think its safe to say that you're likely to get at least $400 (and likely more) if you were to auction the figure off.

I've also noted that they come up for auction (that is to say excluding BIN lots where somebody snags one from an unsuspecting seller for cheap) around 2-3 times a year.

I would also say that being the first person to list a 153P when there hasn't been one for sale in a while will get you a better price. The one I won was the third one listed in a three month span and went for significantly less than the first one. You give yourself the best chance of getting two bidders who really want it bidding against each other (i.e. the muscle rule of 2). Whereas, if you are the last one to list after a couple have gone up one or two of the high rollers already won the figure and the last guy who waited gets it cheaper. It has been quite a while since there was one on eBay so if you are looking to sell it might be a good time.

All of that being said the "Purple Claw" is THE iconic "rare" desirable MUSCLE figure that everybody wants. It may not be the most rare but it is certainly one of the most identifiable and valuable of the poster figures. If you are looking to start collecting it is a fantastic centerpiece for a display. Best of luck!

Welcome to the boards and I hope that information helps!

Cheers.

#28 JustChilin

JustChilin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:00 AM

Hey JustChillin, 

I bought a 153P last year and had been in the market for one for about two years. .....

Cheers.

Thank you for all the info! I really appreciate it. Yeah, I buy and sell on ebay all the time and notice how prices for the same item goes up and down, depending on who is online on those days that you list the item. Im sure its the same thing with these little guys. Im not sure that Im going to list this Claw any time soon, Im quite attached to it for the time being, especially the way I came to acquire it, its almost like it was meant to be! ;) If I ever do list it, I do have a figure in mind, and I think with patience, I can probably get it, but thats just talk, who knows what I will do in the future. Anywho, thanks again, Im still pretty shocked and excited about my discovery and am enjoying my 15 min of fame! lol! ;) Happy New Year! 

#29 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:30 AM

Yep!  
There are literally only 4 people I know on the board, here- That DO help each other out.  Most others seem selfish and hoardish.  
One of the first topics I posted when I joined, was a "help me complete my muscle colors" topic in Need Toys section.  I don't think I received one reply.....I posted pics of all sculpts I needed to complete, and nobody helped.

You should try the Garbage Pail Kids Cheap Toy hobby lol #Backstapcentral

bbb3.jpg

#30 JustChilin

JustChilin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:42 PM

Just listed my Purple Claw on the 'bay, if any hardcore collectors are interested. Im shooting for the starts and hoping for the best.... ;) Needing to pay off some expenses that I recently came across, so hoping for a good outcome. Look it up if interested! 

#31 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

You should post the link in the Got Toys section.

#32 JustChilin

JustChilin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

My purple claw has sold. Congrats to the buyer, he got an awesome piece! 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com