• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:37 PM

Can any Japanese readers tell us what is going on in that telephone mode? Is that to connect to other PSPs to play against others?

Yes. And if I'm sure, you can trade Kinkeshies as well as multiplayer through a Wirless LAN.

#27 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:56 PM

Can any Japanese readers tell us what is going on in that telephone mode?  Is that to connect to other PSPs to play against others?

Yes. And if I'm sure, you can trade Kinkeshies as well as multiplayer through a Wirless LAN.

Cool, thanks! Trading Kinkeshis seems kinda odd. I wonder if it is harder to collect them all in this version.

#28 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:11 PM

Site updates.
The arcade site has something on events and in character profile, you have 3D view for the characters.
The PSP site put up the character page and links.

#29 kinnikumask

kinnikumask

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:wrestling

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

i can hardly wait
gamertag:kinnikumask

#30 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

New stuff. For the PSP game, methinks you get a pre-order item of what looks like a champion belt keyring. Sweet.

#31 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:03 PM

New stuff. For the PSP game, methinks you get a pre-order item of what looks like a champion belt keyring. Sweet.

Yeah, I saw something about that. I asked around, and it seems like those of us not in Japan to preorder get the shaft. Here are the responses I got:

From Play-Asia.com:
In general, preorder items are only available for customers in Japan who
make a preorder at a selected store that is offering a preorder gift.

In our case, we often receive preorder gifts as well but sometimes in no
sufficient quantities. In such cases, we serve on 'first come & first get'
basis. Therefore the chance to receive a preorder gift is higher when
making an early reservation.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

From xxxxxxx.com:
Thank you for writing xxxxxxx!Â
Â
Regarding your query, the item "Kinnikuman Muscle Generation (Japan Version)" does not include any free gift.
We regret to inform you that any free gift included by the publisher of an item not necessarily comes with the parcel you would order from us unless it is clearly stipulated in our web site as such. This is set under the discretion of the suppliers and the limited availability of such items.
Once again, thank you very much for your continued support of xxxxxxx.com. We look forward to seeing you again at our store.

#32 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:28 AM

I found this image regarding the cover.
It's more or less the same as the PS2, only Kendaman and Screw Kid are on it, different Kinnikuman Great image, and Suguru in his Tag Team tank top.
Posted Image

#33 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

If it DOES make its way to American shores, then we just might see some hope for the Kinnikuman franchise, as well as Ultimate Muscle. If not, too bad. Of course, I'm gonna get a PSP in February. Basically because all the good games come out this year - MegaMan: Maverick Hunter X, MegaMan: Powered Up, Capcom Classics Collection Remixed, Daxter, and other titles, mostly from Capcom. And let's not forget that Bandai is working on a One Piece game, one that will most likely have 4Kids Voices!
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#34 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:38 PM

So PSP IS region free? Seriously... I don't have money for any of these new systems, but I'd get a PSP specifically just for that.

Oh, and BTW, that One Piece game has been out for quite some time now.
Posted Image

#35 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

So PSP IS region free?

Yup

http://psp.ign.com/a...1/561098p1.html

I don't have one myself, but thank God for friends. :lol:

Edited by Zombie, 30 January 2006 - 03:09 PM.

#36 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:42 AM

Have you seen the arenas on there?!!! It has the inside of where Akuma Shogun gets ressurected!!! *dies*
The gameplay looks freaking awesome...it's so smooth! And the finishing moves? *dies again*
Oh, I can't wait to get it...it's going to be so cool!

Does anyone have a complete list of the characters? I only know that there's a few new characters like Mamothsman, Kendaman and Screw Kid...but I would love it if Mariposa, Hawkman, Mr Kamen and Atlantis were on there...

#37 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

Mammothman? Really?
Anyways, I got some money saved up for a while, my parents still owe me a birthday present, I may get a PSP for this game and Dragonball Z, and whatever's coming out. Plus my older brother is occupied with my DS for a month, so I might have something to occupy me.

#38 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:59 AM

As far as I knew, it was going to have the same character list as the PS2 version, but with Screw Kid and Kendaman as well. Where did you hear Mamothsman was going to be in the game?

#39 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:52 AM

At least I think Mammothman is...I swear to Jesus I saw a picture of him in the game. It looked exactly like him...

#40 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

Oh, and BTW, that One Piece game has been out for quite some time now.

You were thinking of One Piece: Grand Battle for the Gamecube and PS2. But if anything, the One Piece PSP game could either be an adventure game or a revised version of Grand Battle with more characters.
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#41 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:05 AM

Look what I found. A small comercial regarding the game. A chuckle when I saw Screw Kid and Kendaman (the only new characters confirmed so far).
http://www.youtube.c.....timate Muscle

#42 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:01 AM

The arcade game is updated. They're showing the move lists for Sunshine, Pentagon, The Ninja & Ashuraman.
One thing I found interesting was that Sunshine had two Super moves depending on which player you were. Player one will be his first form when against Geronimo, he'd have his shapeshifting attack I think. Player two will be the Tag team form and he does Cursed Roller.
It also lists more final powerful moves for all the characters like Muscle Millenium, Rope Tower Bridge, Flying Lariat, etc.

On another note, the PSP game will be out a week from now. I'll be gatting the PSP next week, but I'll have to wait awhile till I can get the game from a UK seller on eBay or something, so I'll get Street Fighters for the time being.

Edited by Frobman, 16 February 2006 - 10:51 AM.

#43 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:03 AM

A new character has been revieled in the PSP game. While looking on eBay for any game coming out here, this one seemed to have an extra unconfirmed character on it. Then I checked Amazon Japan to be sure, and it was the same cover. If this is so, then one new character seems to be Kinniku Ataru.

Posted Image

#44 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:03 AM

Frobman, I'm buying my copy from www.xxxxxxx.com. They sell worldwide...and it's for about £28. Just thought you might like to know. ;)

#45 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:15 AM

Frobman, I'm buying my copy from www.xxxxxxx.com. They sell worldwide...and it's for about £28. Just thought you might like to know. ;)

It's mainly my dad. Who do you think would pay the VATs and other postal stuff? Plus, I don't think he wants to buy stuff from other people from far away countries like Hong Kong or Japan.

#46 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

They ship for free...
It's completely safe. I've used it before...but I guess I know where your dad is coming from, it being from abroad.

I'll keep my eyes open for anywhere that sells the game to the UK for you then. ;)

#47 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

Hahaha, you know, I've seen that cover for a while now, and it never really hit me that Kinniku Ataru wasn't in the ps2 version. Thanks for the update Frobman.

#48 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:54 PM

Game's out today in Japan on PSP. Who's gonna get it too? And a reminder that I think there's a wireless LAN multiplayer feature too.

#49 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:52 AM

Estimated date of arrival for my copy is March 3rd. So close, yet so far.

#50 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:15 PM

Does anyone know any URLs for Japanese games review sites? I'm kind of interested to see what people think of the game.

This website lists a review as
Kinnikuman: Muscle Generations (Bandai) - 6, 6, 6, 7 - (25/40)
I guess this comes from a Japanese magazine or something.
http://www.the-magic...e20060215.shtml

The score is pretty similar to the PS2 Kin score.
Kinnikuman Generations (Bandai) - 7, 6, 7, 6 - (26 / 40)
http://the-magicbox....ame041504.shtml

Also, something else I found kinda interesting on the site. Apparently the PS2 Kin game was the 80th best seller in Japan in 2004 with 158,804 copies sold.
http://www.the-magic...tSell2004.shtml

Edited by Zombie, 28 February 2006 - 02:18 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com