185 replies to this topic

#1 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

M.U.S.C.L.E Hunter/ Ninja for hire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:12 PM

I was at walmart and found the new ultimate muscle figures, the small ones. Heres a heads up for ya.
"Check this out! German Ninjutsu Disguise!"-Schwartz Bruder

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:15 PM

SWEET!!! :o I'll be checking my local Walmart today!

Which figures did you get? Do tell... dooo tell!

-Nathan

#3 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:20 PM

they must have just gotten them like 3 minutes before you found them because they are not on walmart.com yet. you may very well be the first person to have these :o

please put up a review, i am VERY interested in seeing how they stack up to the originals. thanks!
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#4 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:23 PM

i bough one pack, but not for me, its for my cousin, im going back later to get some for me though.

#5 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:35 PM

Whooooooopiiiiieeeeeee!!!!! I have class tonight which means I can sneak to Super-K and Walmart without Tsubasa knowing (snickers evily). If successful I will try and post a couple pics of the figs I got. I'd appreciate if others who get some do the same just so I can see what we are in for and what kind of special characters we are getting. Thanks love muffins.

#6 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:53 PM

have a digi cam?
cause i need to see it to belive it.

foxbox.tv has no word
bandai.com has nothing
toysrus.com nadda
walmart.com nadda

seems little to good to be true
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:32 PM

Just checked Walmart and KB Toys by my house. No sign of them.

What part of the country are you in Ninja?

#8 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 03:38 PM

This is AMAZING news! I'm going to Walmart tonight! I'll tell you what I find! SWEET!!! :o

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#9 Kendaman

Kendaman

Kendaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 04:28 PM

Checked his profile he lives in Calafornia
KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!! KEN-DA-MAN!!

#10 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:14 PM

this happened on the TF's fan board once.

one guy said he found the toy and had like 100's of people searching and they weren't released until a month later . Funny really ,but like i said i won't belive it till i see it e+
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#11 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:49 PM

I’m with Warsman.

We haven’t seen them on ebay, or on the Bandai website. We haven’t seen TV commercials or print ads.

Why would a toy, geared for release with a TV show, “secretly” release their figures? The toy is almost dependent on the show, so they need people to know they are in the store.

While it is possible that they have been found, I don’t think it is probable. I won’t be heading to Wal-Mart tonight.

#12 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 05:59 PM

I'll see what kind of official info I can get next time I'm at 4Kids. I was there recording episode 31 today. I think someone might've mentioned something.
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#13 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 06:04 PM

aGood point. I'll check any Wal-Mart that I'm at, but I won't expect anything.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:10 PM

I just got back from WalMart and there were no M.U.S.C.L.E. Figures. I'm not suprised, but I had to check! e+

:lol:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#15 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:39 PM

I checked in TRU and Walmart today... and nothing. I did notice that Walmart cleared a few pegs away, so maybe they're making room for Ultimate Muscle toys. Then again, that's probably just a pipe dream...

We haven’t seen them on ebay, or on the Bandai website. We haven’t seen TV commercials or print ads.

That's not surprising about Bandai... truthfully, official toy sites are frequently behind the ball on keeping information updated. I mean, Hasbro is WOEFUL about Star Wars... it always has been, and it always will be. And walmart.com and toysrus.com don't have a full selection of their inventory online, so I'm not expecting any official Ultimate Muscle announcement there either.

That's true about the TV commercials... but then again, I don't really remember commercials for Zoids or Dragonball Z toys before they came out, so I wonder if advertising before a toy line's release really is a common practice. And I doubt that scalpers have caught on to Ultimate Muscle yet, so we might not see much in the way of Ebay auctions before their release.

But if German Ninja is on the money and lives in California, that means that the rest of us who live east can expect the figures in the next few months or so since the west coast usually gets toy shipments before everyone else. I'm going to give up searching for now... it's a waste of time, and it will take awhile for the toys to get here anyway.

-Nathan

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 07:47 PM

I'll be looking every other day or so. I'll stick to WalMart, but if I'm at KB or TRU, I'll look there. Scalpers haven't picked up on these yet, since they're not as popular as Poke-Me-Mon or DBZ yet, so I'm sure stock will be plenty for us and the kiddies! I can't wait.

GermanNinja, I have a couple questions if you don't mind...
1. What city do you live in?
2. What section did you find them in? (Next to the DBZ and YuGiOh stuff?)

#17 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 10:17 PM

Well I feel better now knowing that I am not the only one who came home empty handed. I went to Super-K and Wally world and NOTHING!!! I did see the pinheadedest (if thats a word) star wars toy ever. It was C3PO and R2 in Christmas outfits. They had a million Gundamn dolls, and to be honest I think they are pretty neat, if I were allowed to collect toys, I would snatch these up.

I had tonight all planned out, if I did buy some I was going to say I bought Walmart out and you can see pics of them on my new auctions tomorrow at triple the price (just to piss Nate off hahaha) but wouldn't really do it. I will be selling dupes but for pennies. Which brought up a couple thoughts about Ebay, I can garantee that there will start to be mixed auctions with new and old muscles which is going to get confusing. My other theory is that Muscle auctions will go down in price because everybody will hopefully be snatching the new guys up instead.

The second thing I was going to do tonight was if I came home with nothing and all of you had bought several today, I was going to curse you and swear never to come back to these boards because I was in a jealous rage that I did not get any. But since we all lost out except Ninja all I can say is screw him ahahahahha kidding Ninja.

#18 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 01:36 AM

Ok, i live in cathedral city CA, i found them near the WWE figs. Im kinda suprised you guys cant find them since my friend said the've been there since saturday. I scanned the box so here ya go!

I dont want to start a war but, it was so funny that yo guys freaked and came lookin for me cuz you couldnt find them. And Doc, i hope you go to the Muscle con, cuz i want t meet you face to face.

Attached Files

#19 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 01:43 AM

That should at least show that im telling the truth, cuz i wouldnt pull a trick like that. The 6.5 inch ones are out too, just so ya know. I hope you guys find these cuz they are pretty cool. I hope all of ya guys go to the muscle con.( dont want to sound like im after ya doc, if my last statement was rude let me know!) If there are anymore doubts, too bad!

#20 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:14 AM

My wife is goign to look at a super wal mart an hour away when she gets a break from school and at another super wal mart after her night class tonight.

If anybody else has any luck finding these let us know where you are so we can get an idea of where they might be if they aren't already coast to coast.

Thanks
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#21 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:40 AM

Well, then, since they appear to be out, apparently no one *did* tell me! Not that they should have, of course, but I was hoping to see a Meat figure of my very own before they hit the street.

I've e-mailed the 4Kids Promo department. More particulars to follow.
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

#22 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:56 AM

That is awesome, it appears there are some 1st generation figs too, which is even cooler. Ninja, sounded like you were going to kick my arse for saying screw you haha, no worries bud. I look forward to pissing Tsubasa off with these hee hee.

#23 gojiman

gojiman

Typo King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:58 AM

I too ran off to Wal-Mart last night, like the obsessed fan-boy that I am, and came up empty handed. I left the store with nothing to show for it but shattered hopes.
You can bet I'll be checking often though!
don't you think your a little too old to play with toys?

#24 VampireHunterM181

VampireHunterM181

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 12:06 PM

trust me muscle toy are there just not ever wal-mart not floor because it still back. how i know i was 1st found them

#25 GermanNinja131

GermanNinja131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 01:38 PM

Well, vampirehunterM looks like you were able to post, i think your computer was jus givin you crap is all.

I had been to target and they had no idea what i was talkin about. If ya guys want to know what figs i got just ask. They look nice, good detail and all, but they are stiff, not as flexable as i thought they were going to be. Plus they have ones that are set up for moves, like kinniku buster and calf branding.

Im glad the box scan went through so you guys could see i was tellin the truth. Go luck finding the figs!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com