Marvel 3.75" Figure Gallery!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Well, I mentioned doing some more photos featuring the 3 and 3/4" inch Marvel figures in some Cover and art shots. But don't want to hog all the fun, so here is a thread devoted solely to images of your favorite Marvel Figures! Good news is that GiJoes and Transformers were also Marvel Characters. :o In case some of you are currently limited on what Marvel figs you have!

Anyone can post any pictures they have! Whether they are cover shots, or action poses, or custom figures, or collections, or Special Effects! Whatever! Lets have some fun with it and compare all our nifty pics! Don't be shy! Image quality isn't a must. The only thing I would suggest is image resolution. If you can, try to save your images in a smaller format like JPEG instead of those bulky 1 meg BTMP images! These can be slow and cumbersome for our Dial-up members to download and view properly, and can even freeze up their computer! :huh: Heck they are kind of slow for BB too sometimes!

So Please enjoy! Up first are some of my Cover Homages! Tried to get them as good as I could get considering the pose-ability of the figures.

Specifically Featuring Some of Marvel's Bad Boys!

First up is a Gambit Cover. Gambit didn't want to play nice with this pick...he pretty much has no upper pose-ability, and his jacket is too sturdy for a back laying shot. Bullseye's knife hand was also on the wrong side for the shot, so I had to take an opposite shot then flip it over so it would look like the cover.

Attached File  Bullgambit.jpg   57.89K   23 downloadsAttached File  BullG2.JPG   88.57K   33 downloads

Next up is a Shot of Frank and Wade getting itchy for some trigger. This was probably the most aggravating shot I had...I couldn't get my camera to focus on both figures properly. In the end I had to go with the one shot where Punisher's face was clear, and DP's was at least clearer. Oh well!

Attached File  deadpoolpunisher.jpg   35.31K   16 downloadsAttached File  PunishP31.jpg   78.69K   26 downloads

Another Bullseye shot! This time it looks like Punisher and Bullseye are about to duel. I didn't think the First Punisher figures head looked right, so I switched it out for the Black Gloved Punisher, and gave him the Black Rocket Launcher instead of the Gray one. I think it worked out ok. I also had to pose this pic in the opposite direction and then flip it so the Card hand on Bullseye would be on the right side. Too bad you still can't see the Aces.

Attached File  PunisherBull.jpg   83.13K   19 downloadsAttached File  BullP1.JPG   98.17K   24 downloads

Now we get to see Daredevil fight with Wolverine. This was a difficult pose. Usually I can figure out a seamless way to pose even the most outrageous positions, and I managed to perch Wolverine onto DD efficiently, but DareDevil just can't stand on one Tippy Toe while holding the Canadian. So I actually found a use for those Big DMC letters that came with my 3 Detroit Metal City Revoltech figures. I removed the letters and used each pole, which just happened to each be the perfect height, to prop them up! If I were a Photoshop genius I'd figure a way to make it look better. Sadly the Origins Wolverine figure isn't too articulated on the torso or neck, so I couldn't get the shot exactly right. But that's okay.... I don't know which looks better, but there are two shots.

Attached File  Wolverinedaredevil.jpg   52.54K   16 downloadsAttached File  DareW1.JPG   98.7K   23 downloads Attached File  DareW4.JPG   93.62K   27 downloads

Finally we have an image of Punisher plowing a big Ole hole through the Green Goblin! I liked the image, so I couldn't pass it up! However it took me some time to get the clunky Punisher body to pose in an efficient manner. I hope we get a better version of him eventually, and I also hope this body is scrapped from any future figures. His knees don't even bend to the 90 degree mark. And the upper arms are way too bulky for his sides. Fix it Hasbro! Either way I'm happy with the shot I was able to get...as they fell over immediately after I took the second! ;)

Attached File  Goblinpunisher.jpg   47.55K   15 downloadsAttached File  GoblinP1.JPG   98.24K   38 downloads

Todays Images featured many of Marvels Top Tier Bad Boys!

Attached File  MarvelBB1.JPG   134.77K   38 downloads

Posted Image

#2 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

Those poses are phenomenal URS. Great job Hope to see more soon

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

great job on the pics. they look perfect.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#4 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

effing awesome! Very nice job.

#5 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

You keep on suprising me everyday. You have some very nice camera skills. :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

I hate hate HATE Wave 1 Punisher, but you actually made him look good when you used him. That, above all else, proves you have some skills, sir! Thanks for the pics.

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

Ba! I appreciate the compliments guys, but I don't think my Camera skills are that great. :D Definitely better than they used to be. I'm thinking of possibly investing in a better camera though. And I really need to build me a permanent light-box or backdrop. I have to pull out a giant Binder notebook and drape a work shirt over it, then drag out and plug in a desk lamp, reading lamp, and a Mechanics lamp to get the lighting! :D

I've been getting really into it lately, and in fact drug it all out twice today! Usually I can't stand the hassle of doing it once, but I enjoy taking the pictures so much. I'm getting lots of practice that's for sure. I've been dying to take more pics for more reviews! But too many at once will surely burn you and me out.

I would like to encourage everyone to try and join in when you can in this topic. I'll try to post new shots here and there, and especially as our Marvel Roster continues to grow over the next year! :D I just hate searching for the things sometimes.

Posted Image

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

Awesome pics! You've really got me kicking myself now for not picking up Daredevil and Bullseye back when i had the chance.

For the record The Fwoosh is having a contest based on this very thing you're doing....you should try to get in on that if you haven't already.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

Too bad that contest is over tomorrow. :D

Yeah a lot of folks complained about the Daredevil body type at first. They said the arms were too long or something, but it's personally one of my favorites so far, and definitely one of the more pose-able. Spiderman is probably the most limber of all the body types though. Not Black Spidey however.

Posted Image

#10 Safeatsecond

Safeatsecond

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Writing, softball, cars. Space movie/tv nut.<br /><br />Collect - Vintage 3 3/4&quot; Sci-fi figures <br /> - Sci-fi ships, diecast etc (no models)<br /> - Hasbro Heroes, Imaginext, Fisher Price Great Adventures etc.<br /> - Ninja Mites, MIMP.<br /> <br />Looking for 1970's parachuting Godzilla, Rhodan etc. (similar to MIMP).

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

UR, Great pics!

I've always been a fan of 3 3/4" figures and hve eyed the Marvel Universe figures on several occasions but the price is a bit too steep for me to collect. I even looked at the DC figure. Some say they are inferior, but at least they are somewhat in the same scale. I thought the Spiderman racers would be the same scale but after picking up a couple, I found they are actually smaller. Cool motorcycles though....

Have you looked at some of the Hulk figures? they came with some 3 3/4" figures you could use for troop builders and I find the Hulk is a bit more in scale than the MU figure is.
"Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world."
-Frankenstein; The Modern Prometheus, Mary Shelley

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:52 AM

UR, Great pics!

I've always been a fan of 3 3/4" figures and hve eyed the Marvel Universe figures on several occasions but the price is a bit too steep for me to collect. I even looked at the DC figure. Some say they are inferior, but at least they are somewhat in the same scale. I thought the Spiderman racers would be the same scale but after picking up a couple, I found they are actually smaller. Cool motorcycles though....

Have you looked at some of the Hulk figures? they came with some 3 3/4" figures you could use for troop builders and I find the Hulk is a bit more in scale than the MU figure is.

It's interesting you mentioned the Hulk like figs, cause in fact I believe Hasbro got slack and just used one of the troop figure's head from that line for the new Trooper 3 pack at Toys'R'Us.

It will probably be a while before I do anymore of these myself, unless I find a few covers or shots featuring the current roster we have. Even though we have like 50 figs out right now, when you look at them together, there aren't alot of characters who have immediate relationships outside of a few short stories.

Posted Image

#12 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:09 PM

I almost picked up one of those movie hulkbuster squad sets on clearance recently, but i disagree with the sentiment that that Hulk is more in-scale than the MU one. I do see that opinion a lot of places, but i'm one of those people that prefers Hulk at 7-8' i guess, the movie one is way too big for me.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#13 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

i'm also one who likes the hulk at 7'. but if you look at the thing (6') next to the hulk the hulk is either too short or the thing is too tall.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#14 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:14 AM

Attached File  thepunisherannualv1_002.jpg   8.99K   8 downloads

Attached File  100_0262.jpg   922.65K   18 downloads

Here is a practice shot in anticipation of new figures and new covers. Punisher Annual 2, I had such a hard time getting Union Jacks knife to stay in the Punishers hand I totally missed the Moon Knights right arm.

Edited by mrjayberry, 17 November 2009 - 09:29 AM.

#15 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

Attached File  Guardsmans.jpg   1.27MB   18 downloads

Finally found a use for the Venom who looked to cool to pass up but isn't articulated well enough for playtime.

I'll probably get at least one more Guardsman if not several more. Got to put that 5 off $20 purchase coupon towards something

#16 Mrjoespider

Mrjoespider

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Lrg,s reading comics, playing guitar (well im learning lol) Cooking long walks and Fallout 3

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

nice work especially like the punisher wade shot. The deadpool classics vol.2 cover would look awesome but wade would need alot more articulation hes kinda sitting on the hulks shoulders lol
Posted Image

#17 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

Attached File  Guardsmans.jpg   1.27MB   18 downloads

Finally found a use for the Venom who looked to cool to pass up but isn't articulated well enough for playtime.

I'll probably get at least one more Guardsman if not several more. Got to put that 5 off $20 purchase coupon towards something

Nice work, Barry!! I hear ya with putting the coupon to good use by getting multiple Guardsman.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com