61 replies to this topic

#26 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

No sight of any Onlslaught here. Only three of the six area Wal Marts are carrying these guys, too.
I wonder what the hold-up is...
The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo.

#27 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

yeah they finally have them by me at the same price... i've altogether with some ive gotten from cynjoe got about 10 packs and have already got about 20 doubles.

You should come join the trade thread and unload some of those doubles! New forum member graybeard has a ton of doubles - I bet there's quite a few you still need!

#28 irmino

irmino

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

I found silver and gold versions of spider man wolverine and iron man. i only was able to get one though, not enough money.

#29 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

uh, what?!?! silver and gold? don't tell me they're putting in actual silver and gold figs a la ultimate muscle. i can see the price for these jumping right now as we speak. people are going to see the silver and gold figs sell for high prices, then they'll assume standard common figs should be the same.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#30 irmino

irmino

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

nope they were the same price. just mixed in with the regular ones.

#31 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

That sounds kind of weird. Do you have any photos?

Posted Image

#32 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:47 AM

Haha, "Pics or it didn't happen", as they put it on the wrestlcrap forums...

#33 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

I think that originated at 4chan, If I'm Not Mistaken.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#34 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

nerds. :D

i would love to see pics. also, when i said that the price for these would go up, i meant online retailers and sellers on ebay would start upping their prices. i have no doubt that national chains will be the last bastion of sensible prices for a while.

#35 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

I go to about five websites TOTAL. Never been to 4Chan... But Wrestlcrap is definitely a hoot, if you ever get the chance to check it out.

Also, I'm very interested in seeing any variations that didn't make the poster. Maybe a seperate thread simply for abberant sculpts?

#36 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Attached File  spidermen_silver_gold.jpg   129.79K   61 downloads
Yep, it's true! Found these silver & gold spidermen today. They had a gold Ironman too but I didn't get that one. These came in two separate packs by the way, and I had to go through at least 20 different packs to find them!

#37 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

hmm... interesting. i wonder if these are any less common than some other figures... like newly introduced colors.

#38 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:06 AM

I would definitely guess that this is the case, seeing as they have apparently just appeared on the shelves, and there's no mention of the new colours anywhere on the packaging.

#39 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

Weird! I hate chase figure gimmicks. :woot: To conserve my mental state I think I will only concern myself with these if I run into them.

Posted Image

#40 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

Heh, the second thing that I thought of upon seeing them (right after "they DO exist!") was, "man, a lot of completionists out there are going to give themselves aneurysms trying to track all these down."
If there's one positive angle that I can see to this, it's that the silver/gold fig's aren't confined to the hidden 8th spot; both of mine were in plain sight. I'm sure they could be hidden, but that would just be mean to hide them all ;)

#41 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

my interest in this line is only with the solid regular colors. i have a feeling i'm going to be doing a lot of wheeling and dealing before all 40 are mine. still no sightings in my area stores though. which is fine i guess. lean times ahead. going to have to conserve my moneys.

#42 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

yeah not a fan of the chase figures throw in. especially since they are just recolors of existing figures, if they were completely different sculpts then it might be ok. depending on the kewlness

#43 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

Agreed.
I won't be hunting them down.
If it were an Onlslaught or Nemesis/Holocaust figure from the back of the card, that'd be a horse of a much different color.

#44 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

i went to walmart yesterday and saw numerous gold and silver figures... i think its just a new color added. but still they were only one per pack.
still not a fan.

#45 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

Haven't seen the gold ones but I did get 5 more packs, no super rares but did get most of the set. I don't really see a poing of getting all three versions of the figures so I'm just going to trade doubles to get what I need. They really should have gone with 60 figures with 2 colors rather than what they have now. Hopefully if they do another set they will fix this.

#46 Er0k26

Er0k26

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Damn now I'm going to have to buy a case to find the sliver and gold ones! :rolleyes:

#47 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

Uh... I found one that looks like a four-armed guy with a face in his stomach? And he has a spinning head and a removable plug in his chest? And he's a lightbulb.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

Is he also magenta and shaped like a claw?

#49 ConspiratorFrog

ConspiratorFrog

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Hello.

I'm new here, so I thought I'd drop in and say hello!

I ordered my first few packs off of Amazon a few months back, and I was surprised to see them on the shelf at Toys R Us today. Since I'm here in Michigan - ostensibly the Midwest, and usually the last place toys show up in terms of market penetration - I think it's safe to say that these guys should hopefully be pretty easy to find in brick and mortar stores now.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a gold Iron Man as my "secret" fig in a pack today - my first! The completest in me cringed when I found out there were (more!) variants, so we'll see if the wallet or the OCD wins out in this one :p

Anyway a pretty bland intro post but I'm glad to know there's a community for my mini-collecting. I've been a fan since my "Monster in My Pocket" days those long years ago.

-Conspirator Frog

#50 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

grettings my new amphibious brother! welcome to the board. great to have new people here.

i bought a couple more packs today myself. nothing special to note, other than i got a distorted leg on my clear war machine. i think the problem can be easily fixed with some warm water and patience. nothing silver or gold in any of the four packs they had. didn't buy all four because the other two all contained figures i had except for one or two that were also in the two packs i did buy.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com