24 replies to this topic

#1 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Just recently got an itch for these--they would look great among my BAF collections--but I was wondering if I was the only one, and if anyone else had the stats for how 'rare' their super-rares and rare figures were. Say among ten bags--what's the chance I'll land a War Machine, my absolute favorite? Attached File  HPIM2182 (1024x763).jpg   486.16K   43 downloads
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#2 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

with the halo mega bloks the rares were not that hard to find. I'd say If you bought 8 of them you may find one or two rares. they don't make them that hard to find.

Plus you can always just feel up the bag to get what you want. :yes:

#3 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

The problem with all the blind-packed Mega Bloks figures is that they're by far the easiest to tell apart by using the codes on the package. If you have any collector in the area with half a brain, he'll be able to pick the pegs clean of the rarer figures well before you have a chance at them.

#4 dummyshizzle

dummyshizzle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

I love these. I had pretty good luck when I bought them too. I bought 10 packs and ended up with everything but War Machine.

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

The problem with all the blind-packed Mega Bloks figures is that they're by far the easiest to tell apart by using the codes on the package. If you have any collector in the area with half a brain, he'll be able to pick the pegs clean of the rarer figures well before you have a chance at them.

I keep hearing this, but I don't understand which codes everyone is reffering to. I've looked through an entire box before, and all the numbers on the packets have been exactly the same as every other packet. What code tells you what figure you get???

Posted Image

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

There are numbers imprinted on the bag, NOT any barcode printed on the bag itself, that specifically identifies the figure included. These numbers have been on every Halo series as well. When I'd seen the Marvel Mega Bloks mentioned on another forum, the guy was able to crack and confirm the full list already. I'll have to look to see where the list is.

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

I picked up a few of these. Didn't really like them.

#8 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:30 AM

I got a voucher for a free one from the newspaper. It was cool, but not cool enough to spend £2 a time.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

There are numbers imprinted on the bag, NOT any barcode printed on the bag itself, that specifically identifies the figure included. These numbers have been on every Halo series as well.

Okay, now I understand what you were saying. At first I didn't understand what you meant by imprint. But I checked a box of the series 2 Halo figs, and finally found the number along the edge of the packets. It's pressed to leave an imprint of the number. I couldn't find the Marvel ones now, so I gave it a swing with the Halo figs.

It's not 100% fullproof, but the first couple of numbers tells you which figure your supposed to get. I found all 9 number packs from the wave, and got 8 different figures. Each figure comes with a stand that has the same packet ID number printed on the front. The 1 double I got had the right stand, but the figure was wrong. So, I'll have to find out which one is supposed to be which and try to find another one.

Pretty cool little figs for $2.50 each. I'd buy more if they made em. Not too sure on the Marvel ones yet, can't find them again anyway.

A funny thing happened though, the guy wrung up my figs at the register, and the total came out to $1,081.49 or something! :lol: He was like...That's not right! I think whoever entered them into the system accidently entered them as a case instead of the single blind packs....Makes me want to try and check to see if the box rings up to $2.50! :notme:

Posted Image

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

It's not 100% fullproof, but the first couple of numbers tells you which figure your supposed to get. I found all 9 number packs from the wave, and got 8 different figures. Each figure comes with a stand that has the same packet ID number printed on the front. The 1 double I got had the right stand, but the figure was wrong. So, I'll have to find out which one is supposed to be which and try to find another one.

Ok, I was wrong about this. It seems to be nearly 100% accurate. I had thought that each figure had it's own individual ID number, but each has several. I also thought there were 9 figs to a set, cause I assumed the silhouette on the front of each packet was a 9th mystery fig. So I did get the whole set of 8 from the Halo S2 figs.

I also found the Halo S3 and the Marvel S1 figs today, and went a little apenuts and bought all the different packs I could find. However this was before I realized there were multiple IDs for each figure.

So I wound up buying 11 Halo S3 packs ($2.99, still not bad) and managed to get 7 of the 8 and 4 doubles. And I could only find 6 different packs of the Marvel figs, and did get 6 different figures.

I actually really like the Marvel ones as well! I found Venom, Green Goblin, WarMachine, Spider-Man, SM Armor, and Battle Damage Iron Man. Really like them all!

Spartanbloks.com has a page for each series of blind packs and the ID numbers for each figure.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 19 August 2011 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

Are these supposed to be series 2? I can't find anything on them. Was it canceled or something? I want them!

http://www.ebay.com/...1.c0.m270.l1313

Posted Image

#12 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Marvel Series 2 has just started trickling out to stores. I don't know whether or not that guy got them from stores. In any case, he's missing Thor. Wolverine is the ultra-rare, while Thor and Loki are rare. Don't know how the rest break down.

#13 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

If it's anything like I've noticed, the "ULTRA RARE" figs are like 1 to a case or so. So not really rare, just less likely to pull blindly. Can't wait to find series 2 then. I want Wolverine, and Loki looks pretty rad. Sort of annoyed that they are movie themed, but they don't look bad. Got to say the biggest annoyance is finding these stupid things.

Posted Image

#14 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

Finally found Series 2 Saturday Morning at TRU. Pretty sweet wave, but someone had already snagged any Wolverines out of the case I found. :( So yeah, the one I wanted the most was gone. Don't understand why Wolverine should be the rare one. He's by far the most popular character in this wave. Do love Loki though. Thor's head looks like crap compared to the one on the package. Whiplash is cool, and well they are all pretty cool.

Only seen one case.

I still need Iron Man and Black Costume Spidey from Series 1 and Wolvie from 2.

Posted Image

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

Found Wolverine the other day.

And wave 3 was revealed. A little better mix this time. They need a lady megablock buck.

http://i.marvelousne...ize=600&start=0

Posted Image

#16 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yes, through the code reading and "fondling method", I managed to get some good grabs. Never got another Series 1, but that's ok, cause I'll have all of Series 3 soon...check out Sandman, my fav!Attached File  HPIM2627 (800x596).jpg   360.02K   17 downloads

Edited by Red Marauder, 12 January 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#17 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Three series down, and no Hulks. Blasphemy.

I did get a Wolverine, and a Magneto and Red Skull... Although, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Magneto and Red Skull were just used to make a Mettle, from Avengers Academy.

If they don't include any Hulks, or Jamie Madrox, in the fourth wave, I can't see myself buying any more.

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

Well... Reports say there won't be anymore waves. :( Not sure how true it is, but I heard Lego beat out Mega for the Marvel License. The only way I can see this continuing is if Mega somehow gets their figs considered action figures and not building toys. :unsure:

But again I'm unsure. Cause I recall images of new Spider-Man sets based on the film being released. So....I guess they could have gotten a film license. Maybe a clever alternative would be to go on with Film series like Avengers.

Either way havn't found these yet. But my local Wally World ordered like 4 boxes of Wave 2! Crazy. I need a box of Wave 1 to find my Black Spidey and Iron Man still.

Posted Image

#19 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Fine. I would rather have a Lego Hulk/Red Hulk, anyways.

Megablocks should try a different license strategy. Their style is more suited towards monsters... Their human faced sculpts suck IMO.

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

I agree. They would best either improve their head sculpts for human characters, or focus solely on mecha and monsters. Speaking of which, I think they should try and snag some Universal Monster licenses. I'd really dig a set of those.

I'm not a Lego fan. So I am gonna be sad to see this line die so young. On a good note was out of town today, and found the last two series 1 figs I needed. :)

Posted Image

#21 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

I mean, their more textured minis look good. The texture hides the articulation better. Havok looks TERRIBLE.

#22 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm waiting to snatch up a Havok; hope it's not as bad as you say. My first Series 3 was Sandman, one of my all-time favs, and needless to say...well, the pictures in the packaging/inserts don't look a thing like the deformed, Mongoloid figure I got.

An awesome line-up for a hypothetical Series 4 would be: Nightcrawler, Hawkeye, Punisher, Hulk, Dr. Doom, Gambit, Dr. Octopus...ummm...yeah, that's all the badass I can dish out in one post.

Edited by Red Marauder, 16 January 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#23 andywacro

andywacro

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Has anybody seen any series 3 of these around they were briefly at Walmart and then gone and the only thing I can find now is Series 1 and only at Walmarts- nothing at my Toysrus, Target, or Meijer. I really need my Stealth Spider-Man to continue my maniacal quest to own one of every single Spider-Man mini figure on the planet and then rule the world.

Attached Files

#24 andywacro

andywacro

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Well... Reports say there won't be anymore waves. :( Not sure how true it is, but I heard Lego beat out Mega for the Marvel License. The only way I can see this continuing is if Mega somehow gets their figs considered action figures and not building toys. :unsure:

But again I'm unsure. Cause I recall images of new Spider-Man sets based on the film being released. So....I guess they could have gotten a film license. Maybe a clever alternative would be to go on with Film series like Avengers.

Either way havn't found these yet. But my local Wally World ordered like 4 boxes of Wave 2! Crazy. I need a box of Wave 1 to find my Black Spidey and Iron Man still.

It is true Lego now has the license for Marvel and The Avengers movie figures but Mega Bloks somehow snagged the license for The Amazing Spider-Man movie figures. If you still need those figures I could probably snag them for you series 1 (again) is all there is in my area.

Attached File  spideymega1.jpg   67.84K   11 downloads Attached File  spideymega2.png   749.96K   13 downloads Attached File  spideymega3.jpg   68.76K   16 downloads Attached File  spideymega4.png   362.46K   14 downloads

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

Na, I found the ones I needed a while back. Still hopeing W3 will pop up eventually, but it looks like my region is gonna get shafted. :( I really like W3 too. But you never know!

Shame about Lego. Never been a Lego fan. I like Mega cause most of their minis are more articulated and sculpted.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com