70 replies to this topic

#1 clubninja

clubninja

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

It's entirely possible that there's an answer to this question that I haven't found yet, but I just picked up on these guys recently a still know relatively little about them. Is it a question of IF or WHEN these are coming to North America? Given their current popularity, I can't see how they wouldn't be worth marketing here. I'd like to give them a try, but would rather be able to pick them up at the store than get hooked on buying them online, and mostly via import. Any word on this?

#2 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

It's entirely possible that there's an answer to this question that I haven't found yet, but I just picked up on these guys recently a still know relatively little about them. Is it a question of IF or WHEN these are coming to North America? Given their current popularity, I can't see how they wouldn't be worth marketing here. I'd like to give them a try, but would rather be able to pick them up at the store than get hooked on buying them online, and mostly via import. Any word on this?

the shops are really calming off of these in england, woolworths has limited to no stock, toymaster hasnt had any for a while and they arent really advertising them much. i am really sad to say this but i belive we wont get a second series.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#3 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

the shops are really calming off of these in england, woolworths has limited to no stock, toymaster hasnt had any for a while and they arent really advertising them much. i am really sad to say this but i belive we wont get a second series.

I'm still seeing the TV advert regularly where I am, the usual weekend morning slots on kids TV.

Hopefully the lack of stock is due to demand outweighing supply?? :)

Posted Image

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

I heard from my supplier that 2nd series is due out later this year.

But to answer your question clubninja, I have them at my store and I am in the USA.
http://store.littler...mp;Category=150

#5 Battle Beast

Battle Beast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:48 AM

I'd like to order some but all the pics are the same for the four packs. Who are the leaders, which is which? I've only seen pics of these mini figs but I don't know them by name.

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

Check the images in the Gormiti map thread for the checklist of the whole series.

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=22336

Edited by Boaconda, 15 March 2008 - 12:27 PM.

#7 Battle Beast

Battle Beast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

Check the images in the Gormiti map thread for the checklist of the whole series.

Thanks everyone! I just place an order :)

#8 Battle Beast

Battle Beast

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

Thanks everyone! I just place an order :lol:

I'm so sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel the order. Something came up :lol:

#9 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hey you guys! i was just on the gormiti club website and it now has a section for UK AND USA! Looks like these little dudes will be winging their way to the states in the near future, check it out:

http://www.gormiti.co.uk/
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#10 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

also if you have a look at Itallian portal and look at series one, its the same characters... but they are totally weird looking!! !

the final series of the original series (ENERGHEIA) shows the figs that we are getting here so i guess we wont get the atomic, series two figs etc.... hopefully we will get the Final Evolution.

Edited by musclemenkids, 25 March 2008 - 02:40 PM.

#11 mind_domain

mind_domain

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

Yes...both Uk and deutchland (and French, if I remeber well) got the energheia as the first series!
in spain they got 'regula' series 2 and in Polland they got 'regular' series 1!
anyway the UK market is luckiest then our as here in Italy we have energheia earth people sold only in a special pack!

http://cgi.ebay.it/G...1QQcmdZViewItem

it was never released in the baggies or in the 4packs!
same for Magmion people! they was sold only in Newsstand!!!
if I'm not wrong the only way to have magmion figure here in Italy was to buy the big Island playset!
..that's why untill he was release in the UK, magmion was one of the most expansive figure in the line :)

now for Final Evolution same story:
if you want Ice or Lavion people you have to buy figures in Newsstand!
and for earth people we are waiting the special pack!! I can't wait for it! :)

also if you have a look at Itallian portal and look at series one, its the same characters... but they are totally weird looking!! !

the final series of the original series (ENERGHEIA) shows the figs that we are getting here so i guess we wont get the atomic, series two figs etc.... hopefully we will get the Final Evolution.

Edited by mind_domain, 25 March 2008 - 03:25 PM.

#12 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

if I'm not wrong the only way to have magmion figure here in Italy was to buy the big Island playset!
..that's why untill he was release in the UK, magmion was one of the most expansive figure in the line :)

How ironic, everywhere i go i see Magmion - i like the Italian Series one sculpts a lot they look pretty cool and skinnier if you see what i mean. Do they still sell series 1 in Italy or are those figures from a long time ago?

#13 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

That doesn't necessarily mean the Gormiti series before Energheia will be skipped overseas. The way I see it, Energheia is just replacing Series one because, quite frankly, their sculpts were so inferior.

The only other series likely to be skipped is Mystica, since it has repaints of the original Series 1.

#14 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

That doesn't necessarily mean the Gormiti series before Energheia will be skipped overseas. The way I see it, Energheia is just replacing Series one because, quite frankly, their sculpts were so inferior.

The only other series likely to be skipped is Mystica, since it has repaints of the original Series 1.

i do so hope so! i kinda like the original series 1 figs tho they look kinda quaint

#15 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hey, to each his own. I got on board with the Atomic series, so I'm accustomed to that bigger, more detailed style. The very first series didn't exactly get my attention the way Series 2 and later ones did.

#16 mind_domain

mind_domain

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

Unfortunatly the firsts 2 series are long time gone -including atomic-...we can still find series 3, mythos and energheia in the stores, but they are getting rare (speaking of sealed sets)..anyway some figures from series 3 are already rare as they were not well distributed (an example is sqalis from series 3 is quite rare)

http://i14.ebayimg.c...2/53/7c59_1.JPG

Do they still sell series 1 in Italy or are those figures from a long time ago?

Edited by mind_domain, 26 March 2008 - 12:49 AM.

#17 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:47 PM

looks like the Italian Serie 2a will possibly be the UK Series 2!! I found this online while putting together the Toypedia entry:

Attached File  gormiti_island1.jpg   50.5K   14 downloads

Although the Flair logo isn't on there the writing is definitely English including the 'Series 2' logo :)

Posted Image

#18 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Whoa, if the Atomic series is Series 2, that'd be awesome. Although I wouldn't mind in the least if they did Series 2 proper first. I'm guessing they might not be seen as visually interesting enough to start with, and this would but Flair on the fast track to catching up with Italy.

#19 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

Whoa, if the Atomic series is Series 2, that'd be awesome. Although I wouldn't mind in the least if they did Series 2 proper first. I'm guessing they might not be seen as visually interesting enough to start with, and this would but Flair on the fast track to catching up with Italy.

It looks to me like the Serie 2 in Italy, the same sculpts as Atomic but the original paint/plastics. maybe they are just going to forget the Italian Serie 1 sculpts and carry on as normal from here on in?

Posted Image

#20 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

I will be getting these as soon as they hit in the U.K.

#21 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:20 PM

I will be getting these as soon as they hit in the U.K.

Cool!

I'm hoping my full box of UK Series 1 turn up soon - I don't want to be left struggling to get sculpts if they discontinue it when Series 2 appears :)

Posted Image

#22 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

It looks to me like the Serie 2 in Italy, the same sculpts as Atomic but the original paint/plastics. maybe they are just going to forget the Italian Serie 1 sculpts and carry on as normal from here on in?

I got confused by your "2 and 2a" reference and didn't pay enough attention to the picture. I thought that would mean 2a was Atomic, but you were actually talking about Mystica and Series 2. My bad. :)

In that case, I think you're right! That means it's exactly what I suspected Flair would do in another thread - ignore the original sculpts in Series 1 and the Mystica repaint set, and move on to the Italian Series 2 and forward.

Edited by Boaconda, 31 March 2008 - 03:41 PM.

#23 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:33 AM

These have arrived at Wal Mart here in AZ. 4 packs and singles. The singles are not blind packages. I don't know much about these guys, so I don't know if this is old news or not. Thought I would pass it along just in case...

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

These have arrived at Wal Mart here in AZ. 4 packs and singles. The singles are not blind packages. I don't know much about these guys, so I don't know if this is old news or not. Thought I would pass it along just in case...

Wow! That means I might be able to find a US wholesaler now.
What prices were they at?

#25 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Wow! That means I might be able to find a US wholesaler now.
What prices were they at?

Don't remember exactly..ballpark of $2.50 for singles and $9.00 for the 4 pack. Also noticed that there were no singles of the water guys, and they were pretty sparse in the 4 packs. Are these the "rare" ones or something?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com