• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Showcase #13: Battle Royal Deka Kinkeshi

The name “Battle Royal Deka Kinkeshi” always confused since I am not 100% about the Dekas being officially called this (it’s the title on the PDF LRG checklist done by Terry Mead/ALLSPORTDVD). However it’s the name used in the LRG community when referring to these type of Deka; so it’s the name I am using here. The Battle Royal Dekas are about 11 cm tall (the size is between the regular Deka & the Great Deka figures). They have more detail than the normal Dekas and as far as I know not released in sequential order like the regular Deka. I would be curious to see how some of them came packaged or released besides The Damage two packs and the actual Battle Royal Deluxe ring sets (they had 2 sets). Mandarake’s REX Magazine #6 (2015) was a huge resource in getting additional information about them (besides the PDF checklist). As far as I know you have 21 figures in the collection but I don’t know if I would count 4 of the 21 figures as part of the collection (more on them later); I would consider the 4 Dekas more of a separate set altogether (or 5 technically if you count the Brocken Jr. twice). Depending on the Deka sculpt; some of them go for $10-$25 + shipping each. I would recommend buying them from yahoojapan and not ebay (in my opinion they are extremely overpriced on ebay). They look great on display and it took me about 1 year to finish collecting.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   102.68K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   95.38K   10 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   97.9K   10 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   133.19K   8 downloads

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Battle Royal Deluxe Ring Set #1

This an awesome set, it comes with a cassette,ring bell,ring & 6 figures. What’s interesting is that if you look closely at the box art; the Robin Mask and Planet Man sculpts are the regular Deka sculpts but the ones included in set #1 are actually much different than those on the box art (much better sculpts in my opinion). Unfortunately the ring ropes melt after some time so I replaced them (I still have pieces of the ropes and they just degrade after some time and they actually rip apart quite easily). I don’t own Ring set #2 but that set came with 8 Dekas from the original Deka line (9 cm). You can find the deluxe ring set but it ain’t cheap and the better the condition the higher the price. The cassette in my set still works! This set included: Robin Mask, Planet Man,Terry Man, Junkman, Mongol Man & Kinnikuman.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   129.5K   5 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   124.87K   7 downloads
  • Attached File  6.jpg   98.82K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  7.jpg   84.24K   6 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   95.84K   3 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

Battle Royal Deluxe Ring Set #1

Here is a closer picture of the Robin Mask & Planet Man sculpts and the pictures of the figures that actually came with the Deluxe ring set (notice the open palms on Planet Man and the action pose on Robin Mask).

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.jpg   92.78K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   81.46K   1 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 28 June 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

The Damage Type/Part 1: Brocken Jr & Kinnikuman

You can find this boxed set/part 1 online quite often (unlike Part 2 & Part 3) and also those particular sculpts pop up often in lots (I have 4 doubles of Kinnikuman and 2 Brocken Jr’s). My first Kinnikuman & Brocken Jr. came from the Battle Royal Deluxe #1 ring set. I dont own The Damage/part 1 box but I have seen it on sale for a reasonable price at Mandarake (for some reason this set is super expensive on yahoojapan).

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   128.62K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   105.59K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   52.02K   1 downloads

#5 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

The Damage Type/Part 2: Buffalo Man & Mongol Man

This boxed set/part 2 is rare and I have yet to find one online but the Mongol Man sculpt pops up online often or in lots (my Mongol Man is stained; at some point I will replace him with a better sculpt). My Mongol Man came from the Battle Royal ring set & the Buffalo Man came in a giant Deka lot (I also have a bootleg version of this particular sculpt without markings on the back). I wished I owned The Damage Part 2!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   116.57K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   51.9K   1 downloads

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:11 PM

The Damage Type/Part 3: Sunshine & Neptune Man

This boxed set/part 3 is as rare as part 2 (maybe even more and I have tried looking for this sucker for a while now) and those particular sculpts are not as common but with patience you can find them online and buy them at a reasonable price. I love the “Macho Man Randy Savage” style outfit on Neptune Man!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   264.19K   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   52.31K   0 downloads

#7 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

5 Collection

This set is interesting and what I alluded to in my intro: the sculpts are 11cm but feel/look bigger and included: Brocken Jr. (same sculpt like the Deluxe ring set #1 or The Damage Part 1 set), Ramenman, Robin Mask B , Warsman & Ashuraman. If anyone can translate the description from Mandarake’s REX Magazine #6 (2015) about them that would be awesome!I have no idea how these where released. They are even highlighted along with the "normal" Dekas and not in the same section/page as The Damage/Deluxe Ring sets.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   94.87K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   56.94K   3 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 28 June 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#8 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Last but not least the rest of the figures in the collection :D

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com