Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Frustration's of Being a Battle Beast Lover...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:00 PM

Sometimes the common figures are harder to obtain than the supposed rarer figures, I think the rarer figures sometimes are just more popular. I have had 3 Skull Grotess figures in the last year, they are not really that hard to get. But they sell quick and usually between $225-$275. But the figure sculpt is one of the best in the line. The only 2 figures I still need are the Scope Cougar and Hustlebear. You get to the point where your pretty much willing to pay twice the price just to get that much closer to completing your collection. Just my 2 cents.

Eaon

Interesting point here made by roland13... I'm personally to the point where I only need five more figures before my collection is complete and of the five I need, only one (#110, Grin Reefer) is a supposedly hard one to find.

While all this may be true, I have actually had a harder time trying to find a #90, Grencats! :( As funny as it may sound, I don't see myself completing my collection for quite some time due to the fact the figures I need will probably sky-rocket in price whenever they do pop-up on ebay or wherever else I might be able to buy them... ;)

Eaon's post does make a lot of sense to me though, I feel he has a point when he states that you'd be willing to pay twice as much for a figure simply to get your hands on one. And of course, if Murphy's Law has taught us anything, it's that as soon as you buy a figure at a given price, you're guaranteed to find him for less within a month or so of that transaction! :lol:

This happened to me last summer. A seller on ebay contacted me about purchasing a #102, King Buster for $200. I bit and bought the figure partially because I had always seen him go for more than $200. Well not even a week after I bought my King Buster, I found an auction (by a different seller) for a King Buster, in what appeared to be the same condition, with a BIN for $150!! :lol:

To finish this post out, I do agree with Eaon that when you get to a point of finializing your collection, you tend to get a little more desparate and, shall I say, triggerhappy, to get the job done...

Opinion's?
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

$200 for a King Buster is cheap. I have seen him go a few times on eBay for $300.

#3 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:34 PM

I have 2 King Buster's for sale. I'll sell them for $175 each, they are complete and in excellent condition.

Eaon

#4 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:29 AM

I totally understand the frustration! I once purchased a lot of beasts from Roland13 that didn't have any rubs, just so I could get my hands on a Pirate Lion and Carp! (This was quite a few months ago I believe) and have since purchased 2 Lions and another Carp complete for less than the incomplete ones.

It was worth it to me though, to have them in my hands.

I am now looking at completing my #1-76 collection with the addition of just a few more, (minus weapons..........a little plug for help from all you weapon hoarders out there!), and I am ready to pay way more than I usually would for those last few! Lucky thing I'm completely broke, so I don't lose my head... I now just have to resort to painting new ones to mend my broken heart! He He :lol:

I can't imagine what it will be like when I get into the LB's.......I may need to sell off one of my limbs, or a kidney........maybe an eye, does anyone need an eye?! ;)

--Grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#5 dark_eternal

dark_eternal

Master of Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:29 AM

I had two grotes in my collection and i contacted a guy who advertised a ghost gator on ebay. i told him id trade one of my skull grotess straight up for the gator. ghost gators are a lot harder to find, at least in my experience. i lost 2 auctions for less than $5 both times and there was no way i was gonna let this one slip ( i only see them about every 5 months or so, i dont cruise ebay all that often anymore) yeah i traded for a figure thats listed at a greater price, but to me, a battlebeast is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. one of my grotes was out of a vs set that i got for $500 and another one i bought on ebay for $100--so it was a pretty even trade for the cheaper one. youll be surprised what youll do when your only a figure or two away from completing your collection. i wouldve traded pretty much anything i had a double of for that gator, laserbeast or not. the sets are done (thanks in no small part to johnny karis) so im just waiting for marty to start cranking out more customs.

Edited by dark_eternal, 01 April 2005 - 01:30 AM.

"Strongest of the scions created by the gods, they feared his power, and so kept him confined to the dark. So indomitable is his strength that all things are by him twisted and pressed into oblivion. He alone fashions the laws governing all things, and administers punishment in place of the gods. So is he dark eternal, and his authority is absolute."

#6 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

so im just waiting for marty to start cranking out more customs.

Thanks for the plug!!! ;)

I too was in the same boat as all of you!

I was down to #89, #92, #105, & #108.

I got the #89 w/o gun (got the gun later) for $50.
I got the #92 w/o gun (got the gun in a trade from Lori) for $50.
Then I was chillin'...well TransformerToys put a #105 on for $150 MIB and I made the mistake of paying that for it. So then I was down to #108, which I traded Jkaris $500 worth of customs for! I almost got the #108 from TransformerToys (El Diablo had won for $75 or something cheap like that), then TransformerToys decided to pull a fast one (since it sold soooooooooo cheap) and wouldn't sell it to El Diablo, even though he had paid him immediately with Pay Pal! Long story, but in the end EVERYONE gets a little antsy towards the finishline and even the vets have overpaid!!!

One lesson learned is patience. Trust me, nearly EVERYTHING (except blue drills, French Shields, etc...) surface ALL the time and for reasonable prices.

TGB

#7 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:33 PM

I have 2 King Buster's for sale. I'll sell them for $175 each, they are complete and in excellent condition.

Eaon

Where were you last summer! :p
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#8 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:21 PM

Where were you last summer!

Finishing off my Battle Beasts collection, I had the first 12 Laser Beasts and at the time there was no way I was going to pay more than $50 for one. :p Well that changed pretty quickly, Now I end up buying large lots to get single figures or items. I am onlt down to Scope Cougar and Hustlebear to complete my collection of commons. I also need the Blue and yellow sled. I have all the rest of the figures, I have my first 6 SD Beasts on the way also. I don't have any of the white Gumball beasts, I probably will collect them. But not until the rest of the set is done. I will generally buy huge lots to try and find more variations, then sell off the rest. Hend the reason I always have new stock.

Eaon

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com