Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:00 PM

WUPCEZg.jpg

#2 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:41 PM

Cool looking customs. I like the Buffalo Man more. 

#3 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 13 September 2022 - 03:19 PM

Thanks.   They were less than successful 3D prints I fixed by printing out new parts and shaving and supergluing.   Here's a better shot of Ashuramutant.

I printed elbow pipes, sets of spikes, and scorpion claws all scaled down to various sizes.   The straight pipe connecting the claw to Buffalomutant's arm stub is actually a Mario pipe.

ok27vxb.jpg

I printed a 160% Sunshine that turned out massively bulky.   The base of his feet are thicker than the arch version printed at 102%.

My successful goal was to print him with the top of head just a little shorter than the Alien Queen but hand reaching up over.   Aside from that he

turned out so much more all around massive.

U3BBFuK.jpg

I did make a more successful print of that Buffaloman except the pointed horn didn't turn out so great at the end so I'm trying to fix that.   That sculpt is actually a little shorter than other versions so I do it at 105% and it matches the height to the others.   The arms on the first Buffaloman print failed to form since the gcode file didn't save with all the custom supports I set.   The Ashuraman failed to form two hands in spite of doing automatic supports.   Regular Sunshine, Cammy, the four-armed kung fu monk girl (133%), and that huge Predator were all done with automatic supports.   Mega Sunshine Supreme and the Gunslinger girl were done with custom supports which uses less material and are easier to separate.   All these were done with 0.3mm nozzle except the Predator and regular Sunshine were done with the original 0.4.   Started with cheap PLA filament and I've had to superglue the majority of my prints so far (breaking some thin parts while breaking off supports).   Next I'm using 3D Fuel brand PLA Pro.   I guess I'll continue some conversation of where I get models on the Muscle .stl files topic and what Muscle style customs I've found.

Some print times:

28 hr Huge predator (I think 100% normal size) but low poly so I won't use again (also his fingers and claws messed up)

14 hr 160% Mega Sunshine Supreme

9 hr 58 min 33 sec Gunslinger Girl scaled up to 65mm tall

Most prints are a few to 5 or 6 hours.

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269938

Edited by Crunkenstein, 14 September 2022 - 03:06 PM.

#4 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:34 PM

The 3D printed M.U.S.C.L.E. army so far:

hoQer1U.jpg

SATAN CROSS!!

hcIo599.jpg

Printed him at 102%. Was going to be 46mm tall by default. At 102% I made him 49mm.   The smaller reissue Keshi I have are about 42.5mm.   And the smaller reissue backend sticks in the larger printed one a little bit and holds a little but not well, as the hole is shallow and rounded, so gotta try to drill that a bit.  His model cost me $2 but even the ones for sale still aren't as crisp as the original figures by the look of comparing preview pics of a Sunshine for sale to the one I printed.   Benkiman's one elbow apparently didn't have proper support in the gcode file and it didn't form totally.   I used a lighter to melt the squiggly mess and melt in a little stub of scrap PLA, far enough away so the flame didn't singe it.   Didn't use any superglue on any of the four most recent figures though.   My print settings while using crappy regular PLA are minimal .12 layer height, 100% infill, Adhesion: Raft (Creality Slicer v4.8.2's rafts are thinner and more efficient than the thick things v1.2.3 would print), usually add custom supports but sometimes set automatic Support.  Extruder temp 215 C, Bed temp 60 C, Line Width 0.3mm (to match 0.3mm brass nozzle I'm using).   Gotta reopen and check gcode files I save to make sure they have the needed supports I set.   For some reason it often doesn't save them all.   Also the Satan Cross model was positioned at some weird angle, so I rotated him close as i could to feet flat and then used the lay flat option to get him more exact standing straight up.

Edited by Crunkenstein, 15 September 2022 - 06:13 PM.

#5 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 01:30 PM

Now here's a custom print!

GW2t5QQ.jpg

Found #235 Buffaloman for $1 and Legion of Doom Road Warrior Armor for $3 and printed them together as one!   Next to Japanese figure of such that I bought from Kayfabe some years back for comparison.

I just wish the face detail on the model was better and white PLA wasn't so shiny.   You can make out his face but it's hard to get a picture with the right lighting.   Soon enough I'll be done with this cheap stuff and moving onto 3D Fuel PLA Pro+.   Shambler has some wicked teeth but hard to see here.

More pics:

ZRQm9qQ.jpg

B3AQHFM.jpg

Iwao/the rock man, Neptuneman, Sawkillerman, Kinkotsuman/Skullduggery, Satan Cross, #2 Buffalman (20 Million Powers attire), any Sunshine I've printed, and Quake Shambler all turned out great.   Shambler I printed at whatever percent made him just over 49mm I think.   The Super7 Muscle Alien is just slightly taller being right about the same height as regular size Sunshine's raised hand, but the Shambler is really thick and bulky.

The Quake Shambler and LOD Buffaloman were printed lying on their backs with automatic supports so I got to do a good bit of filing there to smooth them out better.   Some prints seemed good except I had to glue feet or something back on since they broke off with the supports.   Some had left arm(s) not completely form right.

Got a good print of Tileman just doing automatic supports.   Printed Kinnikuman Zebra too.   Sometimes I have to try saving multiple times and try 2mm supports instead of 1mm where I have them to get them to save in the gcode.   Benkiman I ended up rotating to be on his back so his arm properly formed now but his back is all rough totally obscuring the detail of tiling on his back and back of his legs.  I'll have to try him normal standing up again and just try to get it to save enough support right.   Always double-checking my gcode files before I try to print them.

Edited by Crunkenstein, 25 September 2022 - 02:37 AM.

#6 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 12:17 PM

ecrX5NX.png0OXj043.png

Haven't printed him again yet but came up with a better version than my initial two prints and uploaded it.

Better sized the armor's different proportions in each direction, and rotated it and positioned it more finely.

Now available for download:  Chojin Blood Oath Army Buffaloman or LoD Armor Terri-Bull

https://www.thingive...m/thing:5542751

In these days of 3D printers AND 3D scanners, it's only a matter of time before...

Spoiler

Edited by Crunkenstein, 02 October 2022 - 12:26 PM.

#7 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 October 2022 - 03:20 AM

Got into my 3D Fuel PLA Pro+ Olive Green and the difference was clear within the same print (I already shaved a bunch of white debris off so not as evident in these pics, though in this particular print attempt you can see a couple layers where something went weird).  With just a little bit of the white left, I snipped it going in, when my 102% scale Satan Cross was just over 61%, and fed in the new stuff.   It got to the new stuff all the way through the feedtube when the print was about 75%.   I snipped it when it had printed eyes of the face in his chest trying to time it to finish at the top of that face.   The new stuff got in later than I expected, but it was still good timing since it was exactly right above the sword tip.   My new print of Chojin Blood Oath Army/Brigade Buffaloman turned out freaking awesome.   Much, much better than the other stuff.   Hopefully I can get more models to print more of Kinnikuman Soldier's team, the later Blood Oath Brigade, and various other more militant looking M.U.S.C.L.E. in this army green.   With this stuff being over 4x as strong I was wondering if it was going to be harder to get supports off, but instead they come off surprisingly much easier. (EDIT: And sometimes not.   Broke some feet off and had to glue them)

81EDtko.png

v66DEOo.png

N0TSxJF.png

Edited by Crunkenstein, 15 October 2022 - 03:26 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com