Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Found a Green #100 Bam Bam Ji... NOW WITH MORE PICS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#26 adiy009

adiy009

I live for the JIZZ!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

i have a sealed mega match box just checked it
no 2 is also in some smaller photos on the box

but also very interesting

a photo
which to me shows a 127 green
Account closed by request of adiy009 on 2018-08-15

#27 KingJefferson

KingJefferson

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

how do you figure these boards are small and slow? I've sold and bought plenty of stuff on here, besides how do we know that the muscle isn't a knockoff, I've seen plenty of knockoffs in colors that the orig m.u.s.c.l.e figures didn't come in

cool-monkey-drummer.gif

#28 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Is this green 100 in the same nice condition of regular muscles. IE no flashing, or signs there of?  i know you said the plastic was the same. just wondering about other things. like marks where the injector pins hit. does it say the same thing on the back?

Post LINK FOR  SURE if you decide to go with FeePay and there 20% take on the situation

Edited by Matlock, 16 January 2014 - 08:38 AM.

Brown chicken , brown cow

#29 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

Pretty sure the best way is ebay. Probably a high buy it now with best offer. These boards are small and slow. No offence.

Nice way to isolate yourself in 3 sentences!

1)   Silly high fees on eBay (listing, final value fee (10%), Paypal) 

2a) High BIN will put people off - If you're set on eBay then start low ($0.99) and let the community decide its value. Let your listing finish at a time most suitable to your audience (consider UK, US, Canada, Australia buyers)

2b) Expect most of the eBay bids to come from LRG board members anyway!

3)   Boards are fine - maybe it's your phone/PC/Laptop/ADSL Connection

J

My NEEDS List: HERE
My Collection: WORKING ON IT!

#30 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

No matter how Rask1904 view the board. He did his homework. He should get a nice amount for that figure.

Edited by SmokinGun, 16 January 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#31 RASK1904

RASK1904

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

I was just saying I'm not new to selling stuff. Small forum is small.  Pics are already here. 1st page of the thread. I am pretty sure he's legit. I have some bootleg figures to.  SmokinGun you still have Dark Emperor?  I'm starting to feel like I did a bad thing coming here and showing you guys.

#32 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

That figures are in certain colors on a box is just box art. Art mistakes happen often and maybe they already produced a high number of the boxes. Then the decision to not scrap all the product they made could have been a production management call. Who knows.
Also, I don't mean to degrade anyone's theories on this stuff, but it is easy enough to take muscle rubber and recast it in an identical mold. Computers are amazing.....and so is finding a figure never seen in 30 years almost....cool find man.

#33 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Well, hard plastic doesn't equal real. Original M.U.S.C.L.E. were not hard plastic. Also when you come across as insulting talking about small and slow, makes me think that's where you're coming from. SMALL and SLOW.

Good job and good luck.

#34 DDR

DDR

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE Salmon #108

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Talk to Chad Perry

http://blog.uofmuscle.com/

#35 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

remember too, just because its rare doesnt mean its worth as much as some other rare figures. Its not a popular sculpt.

i believe only completests would care, and some dont even frequent here as much anymore.

#36 RASK1904

RASK1904

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

How much is the most expensive Class A fig?

#37 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Get outta here man, your a hater and have no input on the value of this. You know who decides the value? The person who's going to pay for it and its up to him how important it is to his collection.

Within two posts of joining?

Classy!

Yes Eric, please exit the forum for voicing an honest opinion based on experience.

#38 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

Get outta here man, your a hater and have no input on the value of this. You know who decides the value? The person who's going to pay for it and its up to him how important it is to his collection.

HAHA, yeah Eric you hater! How dare you try to answer the OP's question with a legit response!

Rask,

Just throw it on ebay already and be done. This is going downhill fast and red flags have already made me decide not to go for this figure. I recommend starting it at 0.99 and let the auction run it's course. As your buddy mentioned, buyers will determine it's value.

It's a sweet find, but I doubt it is worth as much as you might think it is.

#39 RASK1904

RASK1904

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Na. Timing is off. It will be on ebay. In a while. Thanx guys, sorry to come in here and mess up your forum. I'll come back when I list it and let ya all know. Thanx again, RASK1904.

#40 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Haha. The best part of this whole thread is, "high buy it now price with best offer".... Which is the worst way to move something in my opinion. All those lists stay put once they're up usually. I don't think people bid on items to get a deal, if they are collectors. I'm sure they want it cheap as they can get it, but the main idea isn't getting it cheap. It's getting the item that counts for collectors. Re-sellers want the deals. The best offer shit sucks. Just list it for what you would take for it period, or start the auction at a penny.

#41 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Na. Timing is off. It will be on ebay. In a while. Thanx guys, sorry to come in here and mess up your forum. I'll come back when I list it and let ya all know. Thanx again, RASK1904.

That's probably the best thing to do. Please don't take anything that was said personal as I appreciate that you were able to show us this figure! That alone helps drive this forum as we try to piece together the puzzle of MUSCLE figures. :)

Good luck on the auction!

#42 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

Now the funniest part is that sellers do whatever they feel they should do and we all think our advise about selling matters to them. Haha.... Like when you ask someone which one you should get and then picked the one you were going to pick anyway. The person helping feels like this... Why did you even ask if you already knew what you were going to do... Haha.... Yes....

#43 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

Would it be possible to tell us the listing date, so we don't have to keep checking eBay for it to pop up. (For those of us who are too busy to check eBay every 15 minutes)

#44 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

I'd be greatly interested in the figures history but as soon as I hear crap like ebay and high buy it now, I could give a rat's ass. What ever happened to collecting? Now everybody finds something super duper mega rare and it's off to fuggin ebay. What's the point of even coming here to share it. Just go to ebay already and get rich. If I offended anybody, tough carp.

Edited by TheWatcher, 16 January 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#45 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

My advice?

Ebay it starting at a low bid. Post the auction here once it is listed (in Got Toys)
It will get bid up and you'll get a nice chunk of change for it.

If people are worried about it being a repro, post a picture of it next to a flesh #100 for size comparisons.

Nice find! You'll get a pretty penny for it.

#46 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

Anyone ask this person what material this figure is made from?
I have found a few Mexican muscle figures including #100 in green, #155 in magenta
The colors are a near match but the figures are slightly smaller and made of different material
I would like to see this figure next to another #100 or another green muscle before any authenticity can be made.
My guess is this figure is the Mexican version
Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#47 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

That's what the "hard plastic" description made me think.

#48 RASK1904

RASK1904

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Great Idea Jkaris... I have ordered 2 #100's from ebay. A regular pink one and an orange one. Be happy. I found something amazing. Also I wish I found 200 so I could make you all happy, but I didn't.

#49 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Great Idea Jkaris... I have ordered 2 #100's from ebay. A regular pink one and an orange one. Be happy. I found something amazing. Also I wish I found 200 so I could make you all happy, but I didn't.

When you get the other MUSCLE #100's, you should take a side by side comparison picture. Depending on the green one is smaller or not, could lay this whole debate to rest.

#50 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

I remember this guy: http://blog.uofmuscl...ction-watch-81/

I believe it could only be one of three things.

First, this guy cracked the MUSCLE plastic code and is reproducing figures.

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Second, Mattel's quality control suffered at the end of the run. It allowed various figures to slip out. Essentially errors, not part of the very confusing "full set."

tumblr_m2g87lMQmS1qmwdcfo1_500.gif

Third, this comes from a Mattel employee. Rask may not have bought it from a Mattel employee, but that is the original source. Over the years we've seen various single color figures show up. Figures that we didn't believe that should exist. I personally know that one of the figures came from a Mattel employee – Martin Arriola: http://blog.uofmuscl...-investigation/

I think these are "real" figures, but not figures that were part of the retail production. They weren't "samples" or "quality control." They were probably just M.U.S.C.L.E. figures for Mattel employees. Maybe from the company store? Maybe as part of the figures that the MUSCLE team got as the worked on the project.

giphy.gif

As for the sale price. I bet it's going to be less than what Rask is hoping to get. This isn't a popular sculpt. I would argue that it isn't a popular color (or, at least, this sculpt doesn't look very nice in Green). And lastly, I wouldn't consider this part of a Master set. The thing that will drive this sale price will be its one-of-a-kind status. I'll be curious to watch those potential buyers.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com