• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cyndude

Cyndude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Collecting comic books, retro games & consoles, TMNT, Transformers and of course M.U.S.C.L.E. Men.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

So I just wanted to share how we used our muscle men as a kid. It was a little like POGs.

1st - The Negotiation

First off 2 muscle collectors get together and look over each others collection. Then they will decide if they are playing for keeps (for keeps implies that the winner gets to keep the figure or figures depending on negotiations) or for fun. Next they will pick out the figures up for battle, it can be as many figures as each party want (ie 1 class A vs 5 class B and/or c) but only 1 figure per player may be used in the actual game.

2nd - Gameplay

The collector that initiated the battle will go first. They will start out by randomly tossing the figure 4' to 6' in front of them (note what direction the figure is laying ie face up or face down). The other player will then stand in the exact same spot and throw the figure at the other players figure trying to flip it over. Try not to land to close to the target figure as the play will continue from the place the figures land from here on. Game play will keep going back and forth till a figure is flipped over and the winner collects his winnings.

3rd - Rules

-When throwing you must stand and not bend your knees. You may bend at the hip but at a maximum of 45 degrees. 

-The figure must land in the opposite direction (face up or face down). If it flips and lands in the same direction the game must continue.

-If the figures get into a space that hinders further play you may "measure out" the distance between the 2 figures and double it. Then set the figures in a clearer area setting them apart in the new measurement.

I think that's it. Just a little way to make this exciting hobby a little more fun. Hope everyone enjoys this as much as I have and do to this day. Feel free to ask any and all questions you may have and share M.U.S.C.L.E. games you may have played as a  kid.

Thank you everyone for a great LGR experience!!

In an ideal world my left hand would have all ten fingers, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching. • Dwight Schrute

#2 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

Very inventive and sounds fun!

We used to battle with them, one on one, in the style of a boxing match. whomever had the most intimidating fist or fists generally won but you would always throw a shock result in there or let some random figure (usually bought recently) progress far into the tournament just to freshen things up - before Tex (#155) or Cubik (#24) beat them senseless in the semi-final or final!

I remember, though, when I got a 4-pack as part of a birthday present, there was a #16 Neptuneman and it was the first time we had seen the figure - everyone was so excited about him and everyone wanted him! Needless to say he demolished all in his path and became #1 for a day or 2 before settling in at #4 or #5 in the rankings for the rest of his time with me :)

Happy days!

My NEEDS List: HERE
My Collection: WORKING ON IT!

#3 Cyndude

Cyndude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Collecting comic books, retro games & consoles, TMNT, Transformers and of course M.U.S.C.L.E. Men.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

^^Awesome!!^^

In an ideal world my left hand would have all ten fingers, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching. • Dwight Schrute

#4 stoneyface

stoneyface

cthulhu cultist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • Interests:muscle, satan cross!, cthulhu, vintage toys, biking, camping, burner community, deep house and psytrance raves.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

that is awesome!

Want a window into my demented mind? toys, movies, cool stuff around the world @ http://cthuluconnect.blogspot.com/

DMT= insert universe into cannon, aim at brain, fire.

ユデッキー - Yudekkii are you one? サタンクロス æ°¸é ã«!(satan cross forever!)
é¢ç™½ã„! happysmoke.gif

#5 Drignor

Drignor

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Video games, anime, manga, pro wrestling, board games, oh yeah...and collecting minifigures :)

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

As kids, my brother and I would form stables or tag teams out of the guys that looked the same (not realizing at the time that they were just different forms or poses of Kinnikuman, Ashuraman, Buffaloman, Sunshine, etc.) and then have massive tag matches in a home built wrestling ring made out of a wooden square board with nails driven in at each corner for the posts, with three large rubber bands stretched around the nails to act as the ropes (the official wrestling ring was too small to contain the all out wars we had!),

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com