114 replies to this topic

#26 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

Some additional drawings showing the exclusive sleds colors and details.

The plastic used will be the same one than the vintage sleds (ABS one)

sledd1.jpg

sledd2.jpg

sledd3.jpg

sledd4.jpg

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#27 french_kiki

french_kiki

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Tokyonever made a great job last monthes and I'm proud to help him by creating new shields for waves 1 and 3.

Quality is perfectly equal to the original ones.

It's a child's dream that comes true.

#28 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Tokyonever made a great job last monthes and I'm proud to help him by creating new shields for waves 1 and 3.

Quality is perfectly equal to the original ones.

It's a child's dream that comes true.

Great job! I'm very impressed! :)

#29 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Nice work Coelocanth  :)

On my side I am planning to do 36x shields on total (12x vintage ones reissued + 12x lower ones and 12x for the last ones)

In addition I am doing also 9x sleds with all new colors.

All are made in real plastic + real stickers applied, exactly as the vintage ones.

Reissued ones are already available right now (Puzzlecolor & Sea Panic's ones are comming soon)

The next ones will are ready for sale in 2/3 weeks :)

My preview AD:

ad.jpg

ad2.jpg

Holy shizznet, I totally missed this. I'm all-in on these when they are available.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#30 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thx for your comments guys and thx a lot to French_kiki for his precious help on this project ;) (and Also thx to "L" the mysterious one lol) 

New pictures showing the shields on the figures and on the vintage sleds will be comming in few days.

About the sleds I will have my first samples to show in 2/3 weeks around now.

But anyway I will keep you informed when I have more things to share with you.

For now I am teasing a new sticker from the Upper shields wave:

sky.jpg

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#31 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

So cool! I can imagine my Skybat on its chariot, shield in hand! Can't wait!

#32 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Once you guys start selling these, you guys need to create a Classified ad for them.

#33 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

ad.jpg

ad2.jpg

Did anyone else notice that in the illustration at the bottom of this graphic Puzzlecolor and Dragon Seahorn are holding each other's shields? Puzzlecolor is also holding Spark Shark's laser, while Spark Shark is holding one I don't quite recognize.

Edited by bachamn, 03 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#34 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi Jkaris, what are you calling "classified ad" please? :)

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#35 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hi Jkaris, what are you calling "classified ad" please?  :)

At the top of the board, you will see a Button for "Classifieds" which goes here:

http://www.littlerub...app=classifieds

Here are some basic instructions on how to use the new system:

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=167777

#36 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Did anyone else notice that in the illustration at the bottom of this graphic Puzzlecolor and Dragon Seahorn are holding each other's shields? Puzzlecolor is also holding Spark Shark's laser, while Spark Shark is holding one I don't quite recognize.

I think your are speaking about the Shool's one Bachamn :)

Here are closed visuals of them:

holding.jpg

And here beside the figure (the shield pictured is a photoshoped image, at this time I did not have my samples in hands to take a picture myself)

holding2.jpg

At the begining I was not sure about which kind of animal was Shool, but finaly a friend answered "a scolopendrid":

holding3.jpg

At the top of the board, you will see a Button for "Classifieds" which goes here:

http://www.littlerub...app=classifieds

Here are some basic instructions on how to use the new system:

http://www.littlerub...howtopic=167777

Ahh ok thx, I will do no problem ;)

Edited by tokyonever, 03 July 2013 - 07:17 PM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#37 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

I think your are speaking about the Shool's one Bachamn :)

Nope, I wasn't talking about your shield designs at all actually (are those even visible in that flyer?)

I'm referring to the shapes of the shields themselves (as well as the designs) in the painted illustration of the beasts at the bottom of the flyer you posted. It looks as though maybe it's the one from the Shadow Warriors card but I've not seen one in person before so I'm uncertain.

What I am certain of though, is that whoever did that illustration got those two wrong ;)

#38 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

It actually looks like he is holding tiger burns laser
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#39 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Nope, I wasn't talking about your shield designs at all actually (are those even visible in that flyer?)

I'm referring to the shapes of the shields themselves (as well as the designs) in the painted illustration of the beasts at the bottom of the flyer you posted. It looks as though maybe it's the one from the Shadow Warriors card but I've not seen one in person before so I'm uncertain.

What I am certain of though, is that whoever did that illustration got those two wrong ;)

Haha! I did not read correctly your message sorry.

You have good eyes, I did not seen what you are pointed on my side.

Edited by tokyonever, 04 July 2013 - 04:01 PM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#40 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

It actually looks like he is holding tiger burns laser

Hah I think you're right. and I just noticed that Tiger Burn has Ground Wolf's laser  :crazy:

close_enough.png

Edited by bachamn, 05 July 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#41 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

yes and you could add that battle fennec has fight horn's weapon and vice versa

Attached Files

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#42 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

ahh nice, I couldn't see those from the other image crop. Do you know if there's a higher res version/scan of that up somewhere truman? 

#43 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

I've actually noticed that when they did stuff like that, they rarely made them holding the proper weapons. I had a couple of BB card backs and on the back just about every beast was holding somebody else's weapons.

I always wondered how people figured out who held what. (Aside from the obvious ones.)

Edited by Draznar, 05 July 2013 - 10:45 AM.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#44 french_kiki

french_kiki

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Just received my Wave 1 shields and took some pictures with original chargers.

Just have a look at them. Quality of Tokyonever's shields are close to the original ones. Stickers are juste perfect for each Laser Beast.

lasers10.jpg
lasers11.jpg

Edited by french_kiki, 06 July 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#45 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

2 questions :

-what is the origin of the prototyp sled ?

-don't you think ground wolf's shield and tiger burn's one are a little too much similar ?

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#46 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

2 questions :

-what is the origin of the prototyp sled ?

-don't you think ground wolf's shield and tiger burn's one are a little too much similar ?

Hi Truman.

For the sled it is easy: I sent an original one to the factory I am working with and they did new 3D drawings (it is not a direct recast of the original, same thing for all the shields).

Here are the CAD drawings for fun to show you:

DW1.jpg

DW2.jpg

DW3.jpg

DW4.jpg

Why new drawings and not a simple recast job? It is because I am working with real steel molds to have in result plastic parts (like I was explaining it is not an "home made" job with latex or resin materials).

If you are recasting original parts to do steel molds directly the forms will be smallers in result.

To kept the original sizes you have to do all new 3D CAD drawings and all new tooled molds.

Out of that, by redesigning each parts, you'll have some minus differences with the vintage ones, and it is what I wanted because by this way it is more easy to Collectors to identify an original than a repro.

About Ground Wolf and Tiger burn I am not sure to understand correctly, you are asking about the shields themselves or the stickers? :)

Here a closed picture of them side by side:

stick3.jpg

Edited by tokyonever, 06 July 2013 - 11:35 AM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#47 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I intend to have both sets, so it's all good for me.

Thx for your message also FANtomCore.

I will update soon on my side when my items will be availables and about NEW prices because I am actually adjusting them at the best I can do for the webshop opening (It is just a little bit complicated because I really spent an insane $$$ amount to realize them and I have to find the nice way to have a part of my money back and to see all collectors happy).

For the last news: I am actualy asking to the factory to retool 5x of the shields sculpts because I was not satisfied with all of the Sample versions I got, it is also why I was not offering Sea Panic and PuzzleColor on the Bay because they are 2 of the 5 concerned.

4x of the 5 are now ready and the mass production will be starting at the begining of the next week.

What French-Kiki got in hands and pictured on this thread are Sample versions, like the ones you can see on my own pictures.

I will be keeping you in touch for the next steps ;)

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#48 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

I finally had the time to read this and the other custom shield topic so I'm able to share my thoughts now.

Lets start with the (known) fact that I'm not and probably never will be a great fan of repro stuff but that doesn't mean the effort and time invested here is less appreciated because I think we should be proud and glad to have such skilled and enthousiastic fellow BB collectors on board here as the idea of creating the missing shields is not only a great plan but its also been executed in a very professional and well designed way. I can't believe two of these ideas have been able to grow so independently as it look like they did because that shows that the interaction behind the scene's has missed something somewhere, or one team must have kept their mouths completely shut during the whole process. Anyway this has resulted in the fact that there is choice enough now ;)  And as you stated yourself that doesn't have to be something negative or become a competition issue since both are different enough in design and style for one collector to chose from while another maybe wil go for both of them. Of course in the end it will somehow affect the sales but we all know how many LB there are amongst collectors out here which can still use a shield.  

I'd like to give a big Thumbs-up to both designs about the way they've been handling with the Repro issue as both seem to have found the correct way (or at least a clearly distinct way) to prevent doubts or grey areas when it comes to the difference between the Repro shield/sled produced and the originals out there. So its a good thing to see the discussions about it out here on the board have been fruitful and wont be necessary to recall when it comes to these repro's. Good thing for all collectors.  

Although the idea is the same its clear that both teams have been working a different route resulting in two completely different outcomes (design and material) both with an own style. While the Bach/Coelo team seem to have been working from a more homemade custom idea with a less mass production thought and a more own design style not directly copying the original shields and sticker style its clear that tokyonever went a little more towards the original Takara way in design and manufacturing. For these reasons I can appreciate both designs as I think the own designs of the first 12 shields from Bacho/Coelo are nicely done out of a design point of view while I like the more direct connection in design, matching with the originals, about the tokoynever shields.  

So you both did an awesome job and I'm glad you'll give fellow collectors a chance to complete the LB's with a shield and even provide some shieldless ones with an own shields after so many years.

Thanks for sharing this and I hope we'll see more of these great initiatives on the board because these give a new and fresh boost to our 'dusty' collections ;)  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#49 french_kiki

french_kiki

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

GJNL,

thanks for your words.

First time I talked with Tokyonever about this project, I was very reluctant because I don't like repro.

When he asked me to lend to him an Original Shields fullset, my answer was "I'll do it, on one condition ...Repro have to be marked". 

Now I'm proud to help him for this project because he opened a new era for our old Laser Beasts.

I finally had the time to read this and the other custom shield topic so I'm able to share my thoughts now.

I'd like to give a big Thumbs-up to both designs about the way they've been handling with the Repro issue as both seem to have found the correct way (or at least a clearly distinct way) to prevent doubts or grey areas when it comes to the difference between the Repro shield/sled produced and the originals out there. So its a good thing to see the discussions about it out here on the board have been fruitful and wont be necessary to recall when it comes to these repro's. Good thing for all collectors. 

#50 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Thx for your words guys ;)

It is cool to see that the work made is appreciated.

Shields & sleds are maybe just a begining on my side, if the sales are fine I do not need to stop the job at this point because a lot of cool ideas can be exploited again. (and I am not speaking about more Repros items necessarily).

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com