#1 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:22 AM

Greetings y'all!

As you know, I am a die-hard battle beasts junkie. Are the rest of you still lovin' your collections? Are you pretty much done and relaxing? Did you sell off your set, and now miss it? Are you just breakin' into the scene? Are you fussing with YJP and strugglin' to get those last super expensive LBs and premiums?

...That's right, I want a thread to hear how everyone's doing! I miss this place and all of the fun times I had trading to complete my set over the course of 4-5 years. Let's chat beastformers!!! :drinks:

#2 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

I loved them as a kid but now i just casually collect them whenever i can get them cheap enough

#3 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

Well, I am a die hard BB fan as well. I am still pretty active in searching for BB items on ebay and YHJ. Although, I have my complete LB set there are still many pieces I find myself searching for. I still need a few gumballs. I would love to get my hands on a Stone Cobra card. I at one time had a vast army of BB due to my getting too excited and buying every lot on ebay when I first started. But I have narrowed my BB armies down to my absolute favorite figs. Icky Iguana, Giraffe and Delta Chameleon. So if anyone has any let me know I would love to trade for them. Sold off the rest to help in the purchase of other collections. I am about 7 SDBB away from a full all colors complete set. Got a shit ton of greek BB. Which pisses me off because I paid out the yin yang for my greek BB and now they sell for half of what I was paying :verymad:

I still love BB/LB and could never think of selling my collection off. It is what even got me started on toys. Those and M.U.S.C.L.E.'s. I have also noticed a few veteran collectors selling off their stuff. With reasons such as I am just not into them anymore etc.. Even if I sold every toy I own my BB/LB would stay with me.

Do other members feel they grow out of it?

I still need a yellow drill and I am sad because I once owned one :( . When I first started collecting LB I bought a lot on YHJ that had a yellow drill and a bunch of other stuff. When I got the drill I enjoyed it for a few days and decided the "drills were not that cool". Huge mistake :yes: So being that I still needed a whole bunch of LB to complete my set I traded it for about 13-14 high end LB. Sure I completed my LB set but I lost the prize in the process. I could have easily rebuilt my collection a hundred times over in the 5 years I have been collecting. But I look forward to the day a yellow drill presents itself for purchase. :yes: So there are a few ramblings about LB/BB. Anyone else got stories or collection status to share?

#4 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

I love BB as I would love to add more to my collection. I got my first lot from Peurtoricanlion. He sent me a bunch as a gift and
I love them now. I want more but prices seem to be to high at the moment. I am only interested if they are complete...

#5 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:52 AM

A yes ,I love BB and been collectine them for over a year and that's how I found the site ! Iv gotten ride of other collections over this year in the task of completing my BB collection !Iv sold all my TMNT ,almost all my Joes and a set of wheeled Warriors and other stuff !And yes I hate YJP because I don't have an accaunt ! I only have 1Gumbal BB it's the bat in red , still missing the beetle base but now that I'm brook thers a ton of them on ebrook !But I do have 2 custom art pieces that Roby musso the transformers artist did for me 1 is my Avatar !;) it's all good and fun , it's not been all bad i have a clear carp well not sow clear :( it's kinda murky but it's still Cool ! And a custom painted King buster some beastformers in the box .And most of the cool stuff I got are from people in the site , thanks 2 saltlaketoyjunky ! Uv help out alot asswell Jay with my muscle ! And can't forget Hidra ! Sailontom ! Well I nead 2 update my wants tread that's for sure !

#6 nemesisbonga

nemesisbonga

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Tattooing, Art (usually printmaking or illustration) and Music (mostly classic rock and blues). BB/LB, Madballs, Deadpool and anything done by Sam Kieth or Amanda Conner. And tikis, almost forgot about the tikis haha.

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hey guys, i'm still a die hard bb fan. Battle Beasts and lasers will always be my top pick of toylines. I still look for items all the time but have gotten a little more picky in what i buy nowadays. Like James i remember just buying everything you could find, lol that was fun. So i basically grab up greeks and sd's while waiting for those few lasers i still need to pop up. I am currently 6 lasers away from a full 1-112 set. Still dont own any gumballs or drills either, still working on the cards. Overall one of the most fun and challenging collections to put together and yet another reason to get up in the morning. Each day is a treasure hunt and some days are better then others.

And James your right, those greek price drops are such a swift kick to the crotch, at least we're still not paying $50-60 like back in the day.
"If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water"--Loren Eiseley

#7 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:04 AM

I'm pretty much in the same boat and couldn't ever see myself getting rid of my BB collection and while I have all of the standard US and Japan releases, I'm still after any of the hard to find pieces that weren't a part of the basic set that I don't already have. I actually think I still have an extra yellow drill though the handle has come unglued from being attached to the base. I'll have to dig through some boxes but if you're not worried about it being mint I can probably help you out with that.

Anyways, I'm glad to see some of the new collectors coming into the scene as this really was in my opinion the best toyline of the era so we need all the help we can to not just keep it going but grow the fan base if the re-licensing does end up working out!
-Barry

#8 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

I just started this year with the goal of completing the 112 collection.
I love the line but am not happy about the scarcity and cost of the Laser Beasts.
Its really too bad the line ended before the Full set of Laser Beasts were released outside Japan.

The members here have been have been great to me and
I look forward to collecting this line and helping future members.

Edited by Toxoviper, 06 February 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#9 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

Glad to hear there are some of us still kicking, and some new collectors too. I have not gone so far as the rare drills, Greeks, gumballs, or original SDs. My last big investment was/is the TGB SD set that I am painting to match the originals. I have a few to go. Toxoviper tossed the cool ideas of getting TGB to mold clear SD carps and gators... I'll be calling Marty when I have an extra $40-50 to throw down. I miss having him here more. Kewl guy. We geek out on the phone every now and again. :geek:

It seems like a lot of vet BB/LB collectors have moved on. There was a considerable crew of dudes here a few years ago. Perhaps the nostalgia collectors who were kids in 86-88 hit their mid-20's disposable income period and then moved on... beats me. I'd be surprised if a wave of younger collectors carry the torch. I hope so; BBs are flippin' the shiz!! I want to see more collection pics from members to have full sets, etc. I figure there are only about a dozen or so complete 112+ sets in the world at any given time... Just a guess...

I can't say I totally dig the new BB mini mates or other spin-offs. I am too old school about it. I would love it if the the original molds got used to make a new wave in different colors... I would go totally ape! :woot:

Post some collection pics, keep the stories comin', and keep collecting! Cheers! B)

#10 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:06 AM

I'm still a BB addict from my childhood, and still not an ebay buyer but a flea market searcher.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#11 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Love this toyline, didn't like how the limited distribution of the LBs went in the U.S. Wasn't fair to the collectors back then and even now, but this toyline, is probably one of the best miniature toylines to ever exist.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#12 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Still my favorite vintage toy line. Pirate Lion is my all time favorite beast. Would love to get a Lion gumball and a pop up lion some day.

#13 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

I dont know if i've ever been a hard core collector of Battle Beast but i am an avid fan of the fiction and what Battle Beast could be. So much so that ive held on to the BB's that i have . Battle Beast are 1 of 2 lines that i want to see brought back full bore.

Im holding onto hope of a BB brand revival with updated figures (NOT Minimate style figures nor the other BB images ive seen floating around). Whether i make them for myself or a major company makes them new BB figures are in my future.

Anthropomorphic Beast in futuristic armor....what kid wouldnt like that?

Edited by Articulationnut, 07 February 2011 - 04:40 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#14 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

I dont know if i've ever been a hard core collector of Battle Beast but i am an avid fan of the fiction and what Battle Beast could be. So much so that ive held on to the BB's that i have . Battle Beast are 1 of 2 lines that i want to see brought back full bore.

Im holding onto hope of a BB brand revival with updated figures (NOT Minimate style figures nor the other BB images ive seen floating around). Whether i make them for myself or a major company makes them new BB figures are in my future.

Anthropomorphic Beast in futuristic armor....what kid wouldnt like that?

Hey, I've got a project going on... once I'm done with school (around May), and have found work, you and I can always work on stuff. :spiteful:

#15 KillerKevster

KillerKevster

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Battle Beasts and Starriors. Raising my two wonderful daughters

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

I still love BB. I only have the 1-76 with the bases and chariots, plus most of the major variants. I'm not rolling in the dough, so I haven't been able to pick up any of the LB or premium items, although I did customize a stone cobra. I would love it if they did re-releases on the LB, drills, and shields. One of my all time favorite lines (along with Starriors and Transformers). Long live Battle Beasts!
"Above all shadows rides the sun and stars forever dwell. I will not say the day is done nor bid the stars farewell."

#16 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

Here's a tour of my geekdom... Long live Battle Beasts!!

#17 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

Yep,I'm still at it,still one of my fav line of toys.
Only missing 3 and a half figs , :blink: ,for a complete 112 set.
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#18 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

I was a Battle Beast fan as a kid. I slowly built my collection of series one, week after week. My dad would buy me one two pack a week at Toys R Us for $2.29, I examined the sets to make sure I didn't get doubles. I never knew that the same Beasts could have different rubs (they could have different rubs right?) Anyways my mom must have realized I liked them and when series 2 were cheap at a local discount store "Just Closeouts" or possibly "Nathan's" she bought me one large lot. I used to use a boxtop and play with them as wrestlers (since I didn't have MUSCLE). I made tiny title belts and everything. Back in the late 90's when I moved out of the house I sold my BB to a buyer on the newsgroups in Bowling Green,OH. I sold a lot of 40 or so with weapons and the blister-less cardbacks for like $40. A few years ago I got on a BB kick and wanted to buy them, but I didn't want to pay individual complete good condition prices, nor buy mixed lots. So I looked for a surrogate toy line. I prefer to buy modern toys on sale, clearence, or full retail, rather then spend collector's prices. Finally I ended up finding Gormiti. There was something about the two packs, the size of the characters, and the design that screamed BB to me, So I was hooked!

Many thanks to Strontium Dog for getting me such great UK stuff at sucha fair price.

Anyhow back to Battle Beasts. I did buy one lot of fair condition figures to display with my Gormiti sets. It's only a handful of Beasts. My favorite BB are the crock, the shark, the spider, the carp (which I thought was a white shark), the fox, The crab, that's all I can think of right now. I know my Crock had a title belt and the tag team belts were usually with either spider & crab, or shark & carp.

#19 mannakat

mannakat

Electro Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:Creature junkie, werewolves, dinosaurs

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

I love the little guys. Been collecting them off and on since I was a kid, and have been drawing them off and on as well. I don't think I'd ever be able to give away the figures I do have, though I would love to see em make a come-back in one way or another. Same with Dino-Riders!

#20 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Well, I got introduced to Battle Beasts when I was young (I was probably 3 or 4, back THEN, in 86), and, well, I thought they were cool, even though I didn't grasp their ultimate potential coolness. That, and, when you're a baby, you do stupid thing (like flushing an armless Leapin' Lizard down your toilet, lol). I recalled somehow having two remain (Diving Duckbill and Ossified Orangutan), and somehow I came across Battle Beasts again when I first got AOL, back in 97 (I was 13), and all of a sudden I DID realize how cool they really were, but sites back then were primitive hokey, limited graphic capability. Yet again, my knowledge of them sank back into antiquity.

Now, it's 2010, and ULTIMATELY, I went to Botcon in Orlando, and found a few suppliers of Battle Beasts (among the typical Transformers stuff, Japanese Transformers, and GO-BOTS... GO-BOTS, PEOPLE!!!), and bought Pew-trid Skunk (Always wanted him; he looked SO cool!) and Wolfgang Walrus (out of whim, but I'm happy I bought him... what?! I liked walruses as a kid), as well as my first Laser Beast; complete with gun and orb (Shool, the centipede Laser Beast)... but to my dismay, I realized that my two remaining beasts from before were gone (I MAY have chucked them out, out of depression after moving... oops).

Long story short, I went onto eBay, and Bought the Orangutan, and the Anteater... I'm a low-level collector, but I want to expand my collection ONCE I graduate from my university, get a certificate (for my field I'm going in), and a job soon after that. I DO want to expand my collection, but money (or 'funds' as I call 'em, lol) is kinda low, atm.

#21 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Any more? Spill it, y'all! :rolleyes:

#22 MindlessFocus

MindlessFocus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Glyos, and Other Little Rubber Guys. Oh, and Geocaching!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

okay, so here goes my story.

I remembered having these guys as a kid in the 80's but the name was lost to me for the longest time. i remember having probably 50+ of these guys including some of the laser beasts. i have many fond memories of them. when i was a kid, i had a big, turtle-shaped sand box full of sand and rocks and stuff. i remember that that was THE place to play with these little Beasts with armor. i would build forts in the sand and have one side attack the other (usually the ones i really like versus those i thought were ugly or stupid). i remember using toy castle playsets in the sand as bases and what not... i really loved these things. then i grew older and i remember selling them when i was like 15 or so. toys were becoming uncool.

fastforward to the year 2010. my best friend, who i have known since middle school, asked me to help him help his mother move out of her old house. nothing too big. just help load up some stuff and take it to her new place. we made a day of it and cleared it all out except for the attic. well, we thought it'd be best to start moving that stuff downstairs and at least stage it for another days move. thats when we made the discovery. we found a box marked "toys" up there. curiosity got the best of it and we opened it up. Can you guess what it was? that's right. Battle Beasts. But these were special ones.

Not only was this a box of mostly battle beasts, it was also a box of memories for me. i instantly remembered all those hours outside in the turtle sand box. all the memories came flooding back to me and my eyes lit up. i had found the things that i was so fond of as a kid. i searched through the box and realized that the box held something even more special. you see, on the right foot of every single one of these was the initials "KD". Those were MY initials. THESE WERE MY OLD BATTLE BEASTS! I learned that his grandmother bought them at the yard sale and gave them to him. How cool is that? He is still holding on to those. but that's what sparked my interest.

that was around july of last year. since then, i starting buying singles (complete with weapons and rubs) off and on. I almost have all 1-88 now. there are a few holes here and there, but i am very serious about collecting these guys. i just need about 10 or so and a few weapons to finish my 1-88. then i will move on to vehicles and playsets. and from there to the harder to get LB's until i have everything i want. and i want all BB's and LB's. then i may consider the Greek Beasts and what not.

Well, that's my story. to answer the question tho, i am a very serious collector and i have a great passion for this line. its my all time favorite toy line and probably the only one i will ever try to own completely.

Edited by MindlessFocus, 17 February 2011 - 12:34 AM.

[This space for rent. Enquire within.]

#23 Red Marauder

Red Marauder

Mild, Medium, or Extra Nerdy?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

Well, after a long absence, and almost no toy collecting in over a year, I have decided to rejoin my fellow nerdies and I would be happy to post a reply chronicling my obsession with these guys.
I was a little kid in the 80s when they came out, and I was instantly hooked! It was a love affair I would keep all to myself, as a few bad experiences with other not-so-nice youngsters taught me to keep my toys at home. But out of every toy line I liked, they were the KING! There were many I didn't have, and a few I never knew existed, like the high-numbered originals and the LBs. But I never stopped obsessing over them, and have never stopped collecting toys. Fact is, I have started other toy collections that I wish I could rid myself of just to be able to afford more BBs. Like Jonny said, I'm well over the disposable income phase, being a family man with little money, but I have made it clear that someday I will have them all, and nothing will stop me. In 97/98 I was introduced to eBay, and consequently to LBs and the other premium/gumball/foreign figures that are associated. While I yearn to complete my BB and LB ranks, I will never be interested in having the other toys. Leave those to more serious collectors. All mine are loose and played with, and I like it that way!
Preaching the depraved sermons given to us from the heavy metal gods!!!

#24 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

MindlessFocus, your friend sounds AWESOME! Friends like that only come around on this world only once in a great while.

Edited by GammaJetpunch, 17 February 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#25 MindlessFocus

MindlessFocus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Glyos, and Other Little Rubber Guys. Oh, and Geocaching!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

the thing is, we didnt know each other for years down the road... it was just a very cool coincidence.
[This space for rent. Enquire within.]

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com