• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#51 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 03 June 2003 - 02:36 PM

I havnt yet gotten some of godbeasts' customs yet, and i plan too, but now i cant wait to see how your metal versions turn out. Man, as soon as i start getting paychecks, im gonna add a few to my collection.
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#52 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:27 PM

I know technically, this does not belong in this thread, but it does pertain to the completion of my castings. So mods, don't move it, please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in need of a 1-2 extra #153 Claws for my castings. The procedure for getting a near-0% shrinkage involves detroying the original to create a master. I do have group of MUSCLEs coming to me sometime soon but, it only contains one #153. If all goes well, I will not need the extra Claws. If anyone can donate or sell me a Claw or two for this project, I would appreciate it. In the event I do not need the Claws, and they were donated, I will be more than happy to return them to their original owners.

Thanks for all of the support guys!

You should see pictures in less than two weeks if all goes according to plan.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL
Flesh Figures - 7, 53, 104, 113, 114, 142, 145, 162, 195 and 234

Email me at emorris2112@cox.net for a complete list of needs and haves. Please ask for either HTML or Excel format.

#53 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 02:11 AM

I may be getting an extra Blue Hand in the mail here pretty soon. I just won an auction off of ebay with one in it. I'll let you know. :lol:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#54 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:44 AM

I saw you had replied to the other thread I started as well. Thanks.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

Email me at emorris2112@cox.net for a complete list of needs and haves. Please ask for either HTML or Excel format.

#55 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:03 AM

I can't wait to see these. I've got goosebumps. Im picturing it in my head right now...... ;)
Posted Image

#56 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:02 PM

My MUSCLE purchase arrived today. I will be working on the silver masters over the weekend. We should have some results by Sunday or Monday.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#57 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 05:15 PM

* craps pants with joy *

Godbeast and Kwantum... a winning combination....

#58 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:51 PM

My MUSCLE purchase arrived today. I will be working on the silver masters over the weekend. We should have some results by Sunday or Monday.

Woot Woot! I am stoked! :D

Posted Image

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#59 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:51 AM

Woot Woot! I am stoked! :D

Posted Image

B)

I second that WOOT :lol: :woot:
Posted Image

#60 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 11:27 PM

I just got a really cool idea for these pewter figures. What if they had different pieces set into them like some pewter figures have? Like ruby eyes for some figures, or they could be holding a crystal ball or something like that.

Just a suggestion. :p
Posted Image

#61 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 11:37 PM

How about a big plastic hot dog for a #153? :p
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#62 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 12:50 PM

eh.
:lol:

#63 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 01:57 AM

How about a big plastic hot dog for a #153? e+

Not exactly what I had in mind. ^_^
Posted Image

#64 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:08 AM

How about a big plastic hot dog

I was gonna say something, but on the other hand... e+

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#65 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 04:13 PM

Well, I ran out of time this weekend to work on anything. First thing in the morning I should have some time to get on it. Hopefully we will see some results by tomorrow night if not Tuesday.

I may make one in white bronze as well as silver. White broze material is dirt cheap. It's about a buck a pound versus five bucks an ounce for silver. That should keep the lighter walleted guys happy.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#66 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 04:30 PM

How much is pewter?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#67 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 05:18 PM

Because it is a 90%+ tin alloy, it is pretty cheap as well. The expense comes from having to injection or spin cast it. Materials for that process are much more expensive. Pewter sets up very quickly, too quickly for gravity pours. The other metals allow you to pour the highly detailed casts more easily.

Pewter is still an option and will probably still be done, just not at first. If it is cost prohibitive (interest < cost) then it is unlikely to happen. We need to see how many people are interested in the first generation casts before I move ahead with other processes.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#68 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 06:59 PM

Fascinating. Even if I did spell the word wrong..
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#69 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 06:40 PM

I should have pictures up in the next couple hours. The casting is still cooling. It will be broken out in about 15 minutes. When it comes time check http://members.cox.net/muscles . The temporary site will have pictures of the process and finished product. I will post here when it is ready.
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#70 Kwantum

Kwantum

Mr. Crusty Pants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 08:47 PM

Well, as is the case here, sometimes things don't work out as planned. The plastic did not burn out properly. Sticky ash from the muscle stuck inside the plaster and contaminated the bronze. The result, a really crappy, pitted, piece of crap. One of the fingers actually snapped clean off.

I have used the same process with army men and other figures in the past. Never a problem. They always burned out clean. There is something very weird with the MUSCLE plastic.

You can see some pictures of the process and the abomination of a resut at http://members.cox.net/muscles .

I will be ordering some different products. Next time the chance of failure is lessened considerably. I will probably have the stuff and be able to try it out this weekend.

Wish me luck... again! :D
Kwantum

Needs:
Light Blue Figures - ALL
Magenta Figures - ALL

#71 arforbes

arforbes

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:10 PM

That sucks that it did not work out as planned. Best of luck with the next attempt. :D

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard

#72 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 01:34 AM

Thanks for taking out the time to give us all the info.

Better luck next weekend. I can't wait (again) :D

#73 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 01:58 AM

Hey, Alex! Look! A New Hand for you! Posted Image

#74 pasvagrsvj

pasvagrsvj

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 03:09 AM

An A for effort, though.

#75 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:56 AM

I kind of like the look of that figure. It reminds me of a Toxic Avenger-type MUSCLE.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com