Treasure X identification coding system
For those of you collecting Treasure X figures, here's an identification coding system you might find useful. The list will show you the identification number for each figure (numbered on their feet) along with the treasure and coin number that corresponds to each figure. Another bit of useful info: before opening the inner wrapper, each figure has a code stamped on the gold wrapper. By looking at the 5th and 8th number you will be able to tell what's inside the wrapper before opening it. For example: the number on the wrapper is WS42028918, then the figure inside is Gold-Gills (see photo). The wrapper number also matches the number on the bottom of the chest inside. So each chest can also be paired with the right figure. Note: If the 5th number isn’t 0, 1 or 2 (like a 5 or 7) that means there’s a real gold treasure inside.
(I don’t know if this coding system applies to the gold figures in the 3 packs found at Target stores.)
A common question: How does it help me by knowing what’s inside the gold wrapper since I’ve already taken off the outer plastic wrap? There are several things you can do.
- You can put the still wrapped brick back in the box, close it up nicely and put it in a Toys 4 Tots drop box. Or donate it to a Goodwill or Salvation Army store.
- If you have kids you can use them as party favors for the guests or even as gifts if your kid is going to a BD party.
- You could put the wrapped brick back in the box, re-shrink wrap it and take it back where you bought it for a refund. (I personally have never done that, and you didn’t hear this idea from me)
Box codes: To date there’s no way to tell exactly which figure is inside each box. However all of the boxes are stamped with a number on the lower backside just below the Moose Toys logo. The number will usually start with WS41 or WS42. The boxes that start with WS41 are only the first wave figures and do not contain the hard-to-find wave 2 figures.(16 figures in wave one and 8 in wave 2) The boxes that start with WS42 will have the harder to find wave 2 figures in them, but they also have wave 1 figures as well. When I come across a new case in the wild, I’ll sort the different numbered boxes. The specific numbers that are fewest will often have the wave 2 figures in them. The 8 figures that are underlined were only available in wave 2. (WS42)
1.Sir Goldaxe (Magic potion or gold goblet) coin #3
2. Lord Lootem (dragon claw or gold goblet) coin #3
3. King Goldcrown (ring of giants or gold goblet) coin #3
4. Captain Gold Eye (crystal eyeball or gold skull) coin #5
5. Admiral Goldhook (quartz dagger or gold skull) coin #5
6. Scurvy Goldbags (bronze dubloon or gold skull) coin #5
7. Gold-Diver (fishbones or gold compass) coin #7
8. Gold-Fin (shark tooth or gold compass) coin #7
9. Gold-Gills (giant pearl or gold compass) coin #7
10. Doctor Goldspell (crystal spear or gold idol) coin #1
11. Goldenspear (silver serpent or gold idol) coin #1
12. Chief Goldo (garnet mask or gold idol) coin #1
13. Master Goldsword (lantern or gold dragon) coin #4
14. Goldblade (Jade Cat or gold dragon) coin #4
15. Goldenstar (ming vase or gold dragon) coin #4
16. Rogue Goldsnatcher (bronze sovereigns or gold ingot) coin #6
17. Swipe Goldbar (silver timepiece or gold ingot) coin #6
18. Blingy the Kid (sack of coins or gold ingot) coin #6
19. Brutus Blingus (bronze horn or gold eagle) coin #8
20. Goldius Maximus (silver sandal or gold eagle) coin #8
21. Jewelius Caesar (horse head or gold eagle) coin #8
22. Jackal Goldstaff (silver scarab or gold pyramid) coin #2
23. Gold Curser (mummy hand or gold pyramid) coin #2
24. Pharoah Loot Loot (emperor’s skull or gold pyramid) coin #2
Any questions, feel free to let me know.
Edited by pete, 20 January 2019 - 12:52 AM.