Battle Beasts other names!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:26 PM

I know Marty posted this a long time ago, and I am to lazy to search for it. So here it goes agian.

ビーストフォーマー "Beastformer" (Japanese)
Armata Bestiale (Italy)
Combanimaux (Canada)
Les Dragonautes (France)
Bestias de Combate (Spain)
Battle Beasts (USA/Germany/Netherlands)
Tερατομαχοι "Teratomahi" (Greek) "Battle Beasts"
怪獸兵團 (Chinese) "Battle Beasts"

レーザービースト "Laserbeast" (Japanese)
Guerriers de L'Ombre (France) "Laser Beasts"
Shadow Warriors (USA) "Laser Beasts"
Sonnengladiatoren (Germany) "Laser Beasts"
Chariot de Bataille (France) "Battle Charger"

Anyone know anymore?

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 27 February 2008 - 07:03 PM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#2 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:08 PM

HERE ya go brotha!

grimey :w00t:
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#3 rainlord4

rainlord4

Weapons Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Battle Beasts, FOP, roleplaying (esp. Call of Cthulhu), dragons

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Guerriers De L’Ombre in French actually Warriors of the Shadow, or in this case Shadow Beasts. I know they are the same as Laser Beasts but I have to trot out my minimal knowledge of French sometimes.

-Brian
:lol:
"Steel does not make one powerful. It is the flesh that wields the steel."

#4 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Guerriers De L’Ombre in French actually Warriors of the Shadow, or in this case Shadow Beasts. I know they are the same as Laser Beasts but I have to trot out my minimal knowledge of French sometimes.

-Brian
:)

No your right, the would be in English Warriors of the Shadow. Sounds pretty cool putting it that way!

Oh, thanks Marc for digging that thread up.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#5 shocklord

shocklord

カネゴン

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:42 AM

Shadow Warriors in French have to be called "guerriers de l'ombre", there is no other good way to translate it - other possibilities like "guerriers ombrageux" or "guerriers ombreux" just don't sound very good.

In german the laser beasts were called "Sonnengladiatoren" which means "sun gladiators" (or gladiators of the sun, if you want) This is because the light of the sun would make the symbol appear in the orb.

Clemens

#6 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:54 AM

just want to add that "chariot de bataille" =battle charger (not shadow warriors) is just a subtitle on LB, behind "les dragonautes"

for belgian, there are the 2 names on the card : Battle beasts / les dragonautes.

Posted Image
image from my collection

Posted Image
from Lord collection :)

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#7 shocklord

shocklord

カネゴン

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:50 AM

The german card

Posted Image

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:10 AM

NOW that is cool, I got to get me one of those! Clemens. Kennen Sie irgendjemanden mit einem? ;) :D

Now, I wonder why they did Laser Beasts in German, but they didn't tranlsate Battle Beasts like the rest of the countries.

Kriegbiester just doesn't sound as kewl I guess. Or Kampfbiester? :)

I like Sun Gladiators! Now that is cool!

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 19 June 2006 - 06:18 AM.

I will never quit.

#9 shocklord

shocklord

カネゴン

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:36 AM

I only had one double and this is now with Sylvain ...
Maybe I'll be able to find one more one day, but the chances are probably low - they seem to be utterly rare.

The germans usually don't translate the US names of toylines (Masters of the Universe also was not translated like in other countries). The only toyline I know of that did not have the original name here in Germany was "G.I. Joe", which was dubbed "Action Force" (probably to continue the original Palitoy Action Force series).
Actually, Star Wars also was translated as "Krieg der Sterne", but both names were used for the toys.

#10 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

Hey Eaon, didn't you get that Greek Box? Can you post a pic of it! I would like to add the name! :D

Maybe I'll be able to find one more one day, but the chances are probably low - they seem to be utterly rare.

Why is that? Where the German BB's and LB's less popular than other toys of the 80's?

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 19 June 2006 - 09:35 PM.

I will never quit.

#11 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:39 AM

Just added Greek Battle Beasts to the list thanks to B.D.Foxformer :lol:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#12 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

Bump.Just wanted to make this easier to find.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com