24 replies to this topic

#1 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

Just reached 1000 Hours playing Battlefield2 and the rank of colonel, i only play for about 30minutes to 1 hour before bed most nights , and it has been since late 2006 i started to play , but i was surprised to see that amount .
Almost as surprising to see i've fragged over 20,000 people just with nades......lol insane !

I thought nothing could compare with the good old DIABLO days , Jkaris and myself slay that diabolical monster for a couple of years , no doubt hundreds of hours spent there , but i think this beats it.

Just wondering if anyone else has pumped 1000 hours into a single game?

Mischa

Attached Files

There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#2 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:34 AM

I bet I did some major time on FF7 just trying to do every possible task. Saved time was not played time I remember that well. I think that was the worst and last for me.

#3 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:02 AM

FF7 had the unfortunate ability to only show the first 99-100 hours of play, but figuring all the stuff I did + the non stop lvling etc I know I had over 200 hours into that game.

My all time longest game played: WoW, before I quit I had around 5 months maybe more playing time over a three year period. I'm guessing on the 5 months, but I know it was very close to half a year.

#4 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

ultima 7! played it for 36 hours straight once. i've played it through some many times now. bless the people behind exult. as for grand total, final fantasy 7-9 & 12 i've maxed out all timers on the first three and 12 is well over 100 hours. maxed all characters levels. well, except for aeris on 7. that takes just too much time. oh shizznit, almost forgot, vagrant story. i played the hell out of that game. over and over again. that has to be well over 100 hours of play time. man i love that game. i'll have to pop that one in and give it a run through again soon. as for single franchise i've played the hell out of, castlevania. i love those games. the good (2d) ones anyway.

Edited by dankingery, 18 November 2009 - 05:48 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#5 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

Surprising that the first guys to comment were all playing FF7 , I've never played it , is part 7 suitable to play as a stand alone , or do you need the others to grasp the concept of the game? , if it's addictive I think I'll keep right away from it........lol

I really thought that WoW would have got a huge response , but I Haven't played that either.

#6 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

i would say that every final fantasy could easily be considered a stand alone story/game. have no fear, you can play 7 an still love it. it's the first one i had played at that moment, but have since played most of the others. it isn't so much that it's addictive, it's just that there's so much to do, and it's all fun, so whenever you play it through, you always end up doing it all.

#7 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

i would say that every final fantasy could easily be considered a stand alone story/game. have no fear, you can play 7 an still love it. it's the first one i had played at that moment, but have since played most of the others. it isn't so much that it's addictive, it's just that there's so much to do, and it's all fun, so whenever you play it through, you always end up doing it all.

hmmm , i might download the demo tonight , see if it gets it's hooks into me.

#8 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

hmmm , i might download the demo tonight , see if it gets it's hooks into me.

I can't talk about the new remake of FF7 but its game play is an aquired taste and is unlike most games today. You have to know who Link/Zelda is/was to probably enjoy Original FF7 and earlier FF games. (final Fantasy or zelda come first?) Some of it is boring and tormenting as hell. Alot of the time you run around as a superdeformed on a pretend map waiting for something/anything to happen.

Edited by OmegaTraf, 18 November 2009 - 09:50 PM.

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:56 AM

link and zelda? what are you talking about? the legend of zelda has nothing to do with final fantasy.

#10 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

link and zelda? what are you talking about? the legend of zelda has nothing to do with final fantasy.

I knew that would sound funny. I didn't mean stories, I meant old school nintendo game genre/style/rpgish theme.

#11 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:54 AM

My bf2 time clocks in at about 100 hours.

The original diablo would probably be close to a thousand hours if not more.

WoW time would probably be around 3k hours. Who knows how much of that time is spent flying from one point to another or bank management.
I have two level 80 toons. One horde one alliance on different servers. not including all the toons I started and deleted or just never got them past 30.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#12 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:14 AM

My bf2 time clocks in at about 100 hours.

The original diablo would probably be close to a thousand hours if not more.

WoW time would probably be around 3k hours. Who knows how much of that time is spent flying from one point to another or bank management.
I have two level 80 toons. One horde one alliance on different servers. not including all the toons I started and deleted or just never got them past 30.

Holly Hell , 3000 hours on WoW
Adamantiumwulf how long did it take to reach that , must be at least 4-5 years , even then there still must be some serious gameplay per day.

I love it mate , gg !

#13 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

Lots of time spent playing Halo. Remember during college 14 of us would get together, 4 Xboxs connected into a hub in 4 different areas of the house, and play for hours. :D

#14 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

It's difficult to quantify the number of hours I've played some games. I don't think I've ever done anything like 1000 hours on a single game, although maybe the countless games of Ms. Pac-Man I've played have added up over 30 years to something substantial. I did play about 1200 online matches of Mortal Kombat vs. DC earlier in the year, and I thought that was a bit crazy. For me, at least. Online games will just suck you in.

#15 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:14 AM

This is exactly why I don't play games as much as I used to. I can't justify the activity with the time it often takes. I've found that my original staple of RPGs and other time consuming games have been replaced by games that could be beaten or played through in 1 sitting or a couple weeks. :D

though I have very often put close to 100 hours in some games. A number of FF games have been played in or close to 100 hours. Tactics, V, 6/3, etc. And I know I've probably put 6 times as much into ElderScrolls games.

Posted Image

#16 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:59 AM

Adamantiumwulf how long did it take to reach that , must be at least 4-5 years , even then there still must be some serious gameplay per day.

I love it mate , gg !

Over 4 years. I would guess that there is at least a few hundred minutes of afk time though. Take a flight path and walk of to do something else for a bit and come back a half hour or more later.

I think my 80 warrior has 70ish days of play time and my 80 lok has mid 40 days played time. The rest of the time is guessed at for other toons I have played and the toons I used as bank characters and auction characters.

2 or 3 hours during the week sometimes 5(darn raids) and maybe 6 or 7 on Sat and a few on Sunday.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#17 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:27 AM

I love it mate , gg !

Over 4 years. I would guess that there is at least a few hundred minutes of afk time though. Take a flight path and walk of to do something else for a bit and come back a half hour or more later.

I think my 80 warrior has 70ish days of play time and my 80 lok has mid 40 days played time. The rest of the time is guessed at for other toons I have played and the toons I used as bank characters and auction characters.

2 or 3 hours during the week sometimes 5(darn raids) and maybe 6 or 7 on Sat and a few on Sunday.

yeah that's one of the reasons I quit WoW was when I realized I had actually lost MONTHS playing that game. That and it got to be a chore more than fun. I was with one of the top raiding guilds on my server and it no longer was fun. DDO is starting to eat up my time, but it's a great game to play, and if you die, no biggie.

#18 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:46 AM

I love it mate , gg !

yeah that's one of the reasons I quit WoW was when I realized I had actually lost MONTHS playing that game. That and it got to be a chore more than fun. I was with one of the top raiding guilds on my server and it no longer was fun. DDO is starting to eat up my time, but it's a great game to play, and if you die, no biggie.

I can see what you mean about losing time , but in my case i would have spent most of those 1000hrs either asleep or watching TV , it hasn't really taken me away from anything productive , plus i love the game , so much damn fun , even on the US servers with 250ping , i'm good for 30 kills 10 deaths per round.

#19 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

I know I've played over 300 hours on Disgaea 2. Final Fantasy Tactics was another one I've surely sunk hundreds of hours into.. who knows how many. Also Vagrant Story as DanK mentioned - gotta forge all my weapons in Damascus!

#20 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

I played Ultima Online back in the day. It was one of the worst periods of my life. I quit working out, became anti-social, and damn near ran off my girl friend.

I had to 'quit' like someone would quit a drug. I haven't really gotten into a game since, partly because I stay away from games I know would draw me in (WoW).

#21 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

I played Ultima Online back in the day. It was one of the worst periods of my life. I quit working out, became anti-social, and damn near ran off my girl friend.

I had to 'quit' like someone would quit a drug. I haven't really gotten into a game since, partly because I stay away from games I know would draw me in (WoW).

baldurs gate sucked me in.... just typing those words makes me want to install it again,im sure my wife would not be happy
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#22 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

baldurs gate sucked me in.... just typing those words makes me want to install it again,im sure my wife would not be happy

My wife use to to call herself a "DIABLO Widow' :p

#23 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:21 AM

My wife use to to call herself a "DIABLO Widow' :wacko:

:lol: yeah. I think i would become a 'BALDUR'S GATE Divorcee' :)

btw Mischa, Final Fantasy VII is the dogs bollocks mate. One of my favourite games of all time. You can download it from playstation store.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#24 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

www.monstercollecting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

Street Fighter in it's many forms has got to be up there as the all time life sucker for me.
Starcraft would definitely be a close second... Cant wait for Starcraft II!

www.monstercollecting.com

#25 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:21 PM

According to Steam, I have spent 338 hours of my life playing Left 4 Dead, and 30 on L4D2 so far. I love my Valve FPSs, damn it!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com