Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Tiny rubber fantasy figures - Gorgon, Roc, Chupacabra, Hydra?

Best Answer steverotters , 04 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

Groovy Tube: Mythical Beasts

15 figs and a book

circa 2007

There is one called Monsters and one called Magical Creatures which are also quite nice.

Here is a pic.  It is tiny, but you get the idea.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

I've had these for a few years and have never seen any others like them.  They are each marked by name along with a 'K', as shown.  I'm assuming they were sold as a set?

Guys, what the hell are these??   I need them all!

(Notice how the mighty Roc has an elephant in his talons...cooool)

IMG_0503_zpszsmsjmpp.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsoe7jttjy.jpg

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#2 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

I've had these for a few years and have never seen any others like them.  They are each marked by name along with a 'K', as shown.  I'm assuming they were sold as a set?

Guys, what the hell are these??   I need them all!

(Notice how the mighty Roc has an elephant in his talons...cooool)

IMG_0503_zpszsmsjmpp.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsoe7jttjy.jpg

http://www.littlerub...showtopic=90346

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:37 PM   Best Answer

Groovy Tube: Mythical Beasts

15 figs and a book

circa 2007

There is one called Monsters and one called Magical Creatures which are also quite nice.

Here is a pic.  It is tiny, but you get the idea.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 04 August 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#4 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:53 PM

^ actual best answer lol

#5 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

^ actual best answer lol

It's a tough call, ha.   You provided the link where several guys offered info, but Rotters was much more specific.  I suppose I can't credit you both, eh?   Maybe I'll toggle.   :lol:

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#6 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

I have several of the Groovy Tubes posted.  Lots of great little figures.

http://fantasytoysol...oovy-tubes.html

#7 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

I have several of the Groovy Tubes posted.  Lots of great little figures.

http://fantasytoysol...oovy-tubes.html

Dude, that site is awesome.  One of the coolest and catchiest header pages I'v ever seen.  Love those Arcos and DFCs, is it your site?

Man, what a roster!  Chupacabra alongside Yeti and the friggin Headless Horseman?!  This is a dream line, for me.  Their rudimentary dime store style is so 70s.   B)

I'll need all of these, and extras of some.  I'm prepared to get the rusted skeleton key out and open the trade vaults.

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

^winner.  haha.  Those are the 3 sets that I have too. 45 figures. 

There are some other groovy tubes like sea life and prehistoric creatures and arctic life that are super lame.

Safari Ltd makes far superior "toobs" with regular/real animal sculpts. 

Though Safari Ltd did finally make a cryptozoology set of 7 figs. 

Iraboom, If you could add the name of each creature to your blog post, that would be a nice touch.

Edited by steverotters, 04 August 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#9 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

Hey Pink I have the book in the box and the tube of figures. I am only missing one or two of the figures, but you already have one that I am missing, the Roc. I will put it aside for you as I am not to invested in keeping it for myself! 

#10 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:33 PM

Hey Pink I have the book in the box and the tube of figures. I am only missing one or two of the figures, but you already have one that I am missing, the Roc. I will put it aside for you as I am not to invested in keeping it for myself! 

Great, man!   Pull the book and give it to some kids, I just want the monsters.  I thought you might have gone on a walkabout or a vision quest, haha....got that playset and some other shit for you, bud.

I see that they are pretty cheap on Ebay, as well, so between you guys and there I'll have a nice pile of 'em soon enough.  

#11 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

Yeah I saw that lot for the price of dirt on eBay myself...lol. I was very surprised by that! I have had a bunch of crap going on lately...been super busy and super stressed and I got to raise fat stacks of cash soon so I have been on high alert on the money front for the last week. Had some much larger than I expected bills come in on the new place, plus some legal crap I have had to deal with w/ the ex...yay fun. Anyways, I am still waiting for that weapons master to come in the mail and after that we can start setting up a trade my man...I could use some new goodies to keep my head up!

#12 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

Yeah I saw that lot for the price of dirt on eBay myself...lol. I was very surprised by that! I have had a bunch of crap going on lately...been super busy and super stressed and I got to raise fat stacks of cash soon so I have been on high alert on the money front for the last week. Had some much larger than I expected bills come in on the new place, plus some legal crap I have had to deal with w/ the ex...yay fun. Anyways, I am still waiting for that weapons master to come in the mail and after that we can start setting up a trade my man...I could use some new goodies to keep my head up!

Dude, that's a major bummer.   :confused:    Financial pinch and nonsense with the ex-wife?   Been there, done that, no thanks.   One night when I'm a bit beyond buzzed, shitfaced in fact, I'll fill you in on all the gory details.   :lol:

Did you see the picture of those Arco knockoff dragons in the other thread?  I've got the playset set aside, but beyond that, just gotta let me know what you want.  No worries on my end; sounds like you could really use a box of toys, man.  You have a good idea of what this stuff regularly sells/trades for, I'll mark you in the book and we can square up at a later date, eh?

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:15 AM

rudimentary dime store style is so 70s. B)

I have a feeling you would really dig "THOR LORDS". Im on mobile or I'd post a link, but just do a search there's a thread on here.

#14 irbaboon

irbaboon

Better than weasel.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Interests:80s/90s Plastic fantasy and sci fi figuers in toy soldier scale.
    ARCO, Agglo, DFC, Fleetwood, Gordy, HG Toys, Helm Toy, Hing Fat, Ja Ru, Kids Goods, Toys N' Things, Toyco, etc.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:06 PM

Dude, that site is awesome.  One of the coolest and catchiest header pages I'v ever seen.  Love those Arcos and DFCs, is it your site?

Man, what a roster!  Chupacabra alongside Yeti and the friggin Headless Horseman?!  This is a dream line, for me.  Their rudimentary dime store style is so 70s.   B)

I'll need all of these, and extras of some.  I'm prepared to get the rusted skeleton key out and open the trade vaults.

Yep, that is my little blog.  It will have been up for one year this September.  Glad you like it.  Check out my want list.  I'm sure I can find some extra groovy tubes guys to trade if you have any of the stuff I need.  

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com