Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Very large War Lion Toy similar to MOTU KO

Best Answer dixiebull , 12 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

I have scoured it deep and hard for markings...none to be found man. For reals. It is a big piece...let me take another pic with a comparison shot with battle cat. 

Edit: So as usual once I resort to posting it up here for identification I magically find it online. It was missing pieces but is from Tonka's Supernaturals toyline. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

So I got this the other day but have no clue what it is from...it has nothing marked on it at all. It is too big for MOTU sized figures to be able to mount and ride into battle on, but clearly looks like it was inspired by those type of toys. Any ideas?

Attached Files

#2 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

That's really friggin cool.  Let me know if you wanna part with it, eh?   

How tall and how long?   Are you sure you aren't just missing the markings?   

If it's too large for MOTU, my best guess would be maybe that 90s Conan line?  Those are pretty beefy figures.

Edited by TinyPink, 12 August 2015 - 11:53 AM.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#3 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:38 PM   Best Answer

I have scoured it deep and hard for markings...none to be found man. For reals. It is a big piece...let me take another pic with a comparison shot with battle cat. 

Edit: So as usual once I resort to posting it up here for identification I magically find it online. It was missing pieces but is from Tonka's Supernaturals toyline. 

Attached Files

Edited by dixiebull, 12 August 2015 - 02:46 PM.

#4 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

This thing looks so familiar!!!!

#5 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

and thats why!

#6 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

Here are the groovy comparison shots anyway.

Attached Files

#7 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

Cool stuff, I guess I never really delved into the Supernaturals line.  Apparently 'Lionwings' has a counterpart, 'Dark Dragon'.   

http://www.figurerea...s=supernaturals

Nice find, man.   Looks like $20-$40, in the shape yours is in.   B)

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com