Posted 17 July 2002 - 10:44 AM

http://www.alteredst...wwchicago.shtml

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 11:50 AM

These things are unbelievably bad. I mean, I really can't believe that they'd produce toys this bad.

Smokescreen and Hotshot look like Playskool toys. But the real star of this abortion they call a toy line is Scavenger! This, seriously, is probably the worst Transformer in history. His legs aren't articulated at all, and his arms are basically just his treads!

On the not-so-negative side, Optimus Prime was okay... not as great as the last one, but not as bad as it could have been. And I kinda liked Blur.

Also, the new Jetfire wannabe is okay. I like the color combination, and the toy itself is pretty interesting. But I still vote for Transformers: Armada as one of the most disappointing toy lines in history!

Although none of these toys hold a candle to the plastic atrocity that is the original POTF2 Han Hoth. :lol:

-Nathan

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 11:57 AM

Just to reiterate how bad Scavengar is, take a look at this picture. It's almost comical how horrible this toy is! Where are the legs? Why is he neon green? And check out those fingers! Good lord...

Posted Image
(Copy paste and upload it Nate. - Johnny)

#4 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 12:39 PM

Wow, I've never even seen those.. :blink: who knew it could be all bad!

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#5 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 01:09 PM

By god, why does Hasbro feel they have to over-detail everything now, I guess they think kids would hate Armada if the toys looked too "simple". Sometimes less is more, the original TF's were always the best, the PVC's beat all these new toys hands down, and they dont even transform!

:blink:
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#6 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 10:57 PM

Dude, RubzOne is right! If done correctly less is always more! The PVCs look great because of satisfing a gimmick they look like the shows characters! :angry:

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#7 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 20 July 2002 - 03:48 PM

Who's decision was it to make these? Wow, some farty 55 year old guy in a suit came up with these. Why can't I get a job coming up with toy ideas?
Posted Image

#8 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 July 2002 - 04:34 PM

Is that supposed to be a gun?!!! If anyone has any ideas please let me know

http://www.amazon.co...9#more-pictures

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 20 July 2002 - 07:42 PM

No, that's supposed to be a shield. I'm not sure why they have it in that position.

This is actually from the Robots in Disguise JRX train set. It was pretty cool, actually. There were three trains that transformed into robots, and those trains could combine into one big robot ala Devastator. The trains looked good, and transformed into interesting and cool robots (although one had HUGE legs).

For the most part, it was a good toy. Contrast this with Transformers: Armada. No comparison...

-Nathan

#10 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 10:06 PM

What do you guys think about the mini-cons? I saw them today and I was kinda diggin em, there are 3 sets and they all do something cool

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 07:27 AM

2 of the mini-con sets are kewl. The 3rd (bike/scooter/skateboard) sucks, but I bought it just because the 3 lame guys make gestalt. I now have Starscream, Laserbeak and all 3 minicon sets. I'll MAYBE buy blurr when he comes out and possibly Optimus if he's cheap enough, but no way am I wasting $$$ on any of the others. They suck MAJORLY!

#12 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 04:45 PM

Why are Galvatron and Megatron just color variations of each other? Are they trying to trick parents/collectors into spending more money or what

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 07:14 PM

Why are Galvatron and Megatron just color variations of each other? Are they trying to trick parents/collectors into spending more money or what

Yup, you got it right! Actually they advertised Megatron as having 6 transformations and Galvatron as having 10, but truth is they both have 10. Spend more for the recolor. Works evey time. Especially if the recolor is a better color scheme and you already bought the original. BTW I did the completist thing with RiD. But there is no way in HELL I'm doing that with Armada. They SUCK!!!!!

#14 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 07:31 PM

Here's another thing I hate about Armada... Maybe I haven't been following the storyline and some crazy turns of events took place but why are they desecrating the names so badly? Lazerbeak an autobot? Grimlock a tractor? what the hell is going on here... some answers please

#15 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 08:39 PM

Is that supposed to be a gun?!!! If anyone has any ideas please let me know

http://www.amazon.co...9#more-pictures

It looks like a freakin piece of movie film that POS is holding! ^_^

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#16 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 08:45 PM

http://66.221.124.16...../Transformers
Okay, okay. It looks like the second wave of Armada figures will be pretty kewl. Check them out!

#17 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 08:49 PM

Now that's a transformer! Much bettter than the first wave. That's more of the way I remember them. Anybody used to watch the cartoon? My brother and I used to watch it every morning before grade school for years, at lest it felt like years! :rolleyes:

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#18 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:44 AM

Hm... most of those are toys from the first wave, right? Regardless, I'm still very much unimpressed. I mean, the Robots in Disguise line was just about perfect! I'm not sure how they can revert to this level after that... but then again, that's what happened to subsequent waves after the first in G1.

I like how they took the picture of the green bulldozer! They put the vehicle version of him in the front, partially concealing that horrible piece of crap it turns into! From this angle, it actually looks like a decent toy... but that's just because the picture is planned that way. ;)

I think that last robot is pretty cool, though. I wonder what he transforms into? A space shuttle?

-Nathan

#19 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 06:45 AM

I personally have always thought most Transformers have looked great in vehicle mode and crap in robot mode, with a few exceptions. This is why I have converted to collecting the PVC's... Not to mention, I am horribly opposed to all the sacreligious name raping/color swapping they have done with some of the new line of TF's

#20 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 10:27 AM

How much articulation does the Transformers PVCs have? The figures look nifty, but I'm not a big fan of pre-posed toys.

Which makes my love of MUSCLEs extremely hypocritical... ;)

-Nathan

#21 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 02 August 2002 - 12:18 PM

The pvc's look sweet. I just saw a piture of scorponok it kicks but.

The recoloring of figures is deffinitely getting old. They over did that with the beast machines and RID.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#22 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:52 PM

The Japanese PVC's come in pieces which you have to snap into place, but the US ones come pre-assembled, you can still take them apart they're exactly the same as the Japanese ones, except they used the heads from the clear figures and painted everything except the eyes so you get the cool "light piping effect" when lights shine through the eyes of the figure. They are plenty poseable, you can move the head, arms, legs and other accessories, each piece is separate, anwhere from 6-10 points of articulation. This will give you a good idea of how they are put together...

http://www.tformers....d=491&mode=flat

On a side note, I NOW HAVE RODIMUS MAJOR IN MY POSSESSION! WOOOOO

Just got back from TRU and they had 5 of em, 19.99 each. No Heroes of Cybertron though... sigh

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 09:45 PM

I just got Megatron, he's kewl! Alot better than the RiD megatron, except for the lame arse pincher things that look like mutated rabbit ears. They suck.

#24 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 06:34 PM

OMFG I just saw the absolute WORST transformers EVER... The new Megabolt Megatron... its a spider with a gigantic head... I can't believe this was made SHAME on Hasbro. Prime is disgusted with this figure and he thinks it really sucks

#25 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:56 PM

No way man. Megabolt is DOPE! He is hella articulated, has a kewl sculpt, and can be the head to Brave MAximus. I like him. He is SWEET!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com