• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 21 August 2002 - 07:36 AM

When I was in California last week I went by the comic shop where I got comics and baseball cards when I was a kid.

I was looking around and noticed a trasnformer comic with sweet art work and made by a company I hadnt heard of Dreamwave. So I bought #1 and 2 (now wishing that I had bought 3 and 4) and took em home.

Good story line and awsome art work. Each issue has two different covers an Autobot cover and a Decpticon cover.

To see more examples of the art work go to the link below.

DreamWave G1 comic

Has anyone else seen them or read them?

Attached Files

"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 07:37 AM

http://www.transfandom.com always has updates on the dreamwave tf series, and you can dl sweet covers for your desktop too!

#3 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 02:44 PM

I saw this series about a 2 months ago, I read t-formers daily. I have really been considering getting a tattoo of that Constructicon art.... I shat my pants when I saw it
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#4 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 07:39 AM

I love this comic! The artwork is amazing! I love that shot in issue 4 (I think) where Devastator is coming out of the water! But every frame with Transformers in it is incredible. It's worth its price for the artwork alone (which is fortunate, since the storyline is a bit slow).

As par with all Transformers comics/TV shows/movies, there are obvious scale problems. For example, Devastator is the size of a skyscraper in the comics, which would make each individual Constructicon vehicle about the size of a large building. But, then again, Megatron wouldn't be all that menacing if he was to scale when he transformed into a robot, would he?

-Nathan

#5 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:08 AM

The comic is pretty good. The Gi Joe one is pretty good too.

DoctorKent
The 80's are back!
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com