Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is your favorite fight in the Kinnikuman series?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:57 AM

There are tons of great fights/matches in this series. My personal favorite is the Kevin mask and Mantaro fight (manga version) this fight was just extremely well done.

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Any fight with Hanzo is my jam from Nisei, but from the original story, Atlantis vs. Robinmask is super satisfying.

#3 fennecgirl73

fennecgirl73

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

Actually i have two favorite fights. The first is Terry the kid vs Tirannoclaw and Kevin vs Mantaro. The last one because all the importance that it had and the incredible match <3 

#4 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

El Nino vs Mantaro was exceptional but my absolute favorite was Ricardo vs Mantaro. I'm waiting for Ricardo to come back....

#5 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

All of those fights were great!

I loved the terry the kid and tyranaclaw fight because it was so epic and because it's the one of terry the kids only fights.

I like the racardo fight as well because it was just so brutal

#6 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Im surprised Ricardo didn't come back in nisei tag because they said he was going to head for a darker path, but they never expanded on that.

Edited by Mantaro9, 27 May 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#7 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

Mammoth Man vs Robin Mask is definitely up there

Death doesn't matter much in the Kinnikuman universe, but that fight was one of the times where the drama was so well done that you actually felt something when Robin and Mammoth Man took each other to the limit

Meat vs Mixer Taitei is probably my absolute favorite. So cool to see Meat get a win - And over the only villain to actually fully defeat Kinnikuman

Pretty much all of the lengthy Throne Scramble fights were great. Mariposa and Robin Mask was really good.

Also from the Kinnikuman Revival series starting in 2011, pretty much anything with Black Hole is guaranteed to be an amazing fight. Also The Diabolos vs The John Does

#8 rajikaru

rajikaru

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

From the original series, most of the first tournament fights were really good. Ashuraman vs. Terryman and Sunshine vs. Geronimo from the Golden Mask arc were awesome, as well, my favorites from that arc (though Kinnikuman vs. Akuma Shogun was also really good). Muscle Brothers vs. Hell Missionaries was far and away one of the top matches in the entire series, maybe the top, and all the matches in the Fated Princes arc were at least interesting and enjoyable if only for their inventiveness. 

Also these are all ignoring the weird plot device subplots like the Choujin dolls from the Tag arc and the Choujin life papers or whatever and Warsman literally escaping from Actual Hell in the Kinnikuman Zebra match during the Fated Princes arc.

I only got through a few matches in the reboot arc, but Kinnikuman vs. Terryman was honestly at the caliber of classic Kinnikuman and would have made an absolutely excellent series end. 

Edited by rajikaru, 13 June 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#9 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

I'll have to echo unclevatred's sentiment in that Meat vs. Mixer Taitei battle is my favorite too. Poor little Meat was seemingly hopelessly outmatched in every way, but he pulled through after all. :shok: Meat was facing the Chojin Graveyard in Mixer Taitei and was about to be killed by him. :cry: But even after M.T. beat Meat into a bloody pulp and was about to "sacrifice" him by tossing him into himself and "blending" him into...well...MEAT, Meat managed to fight his way out and actually smash M.T. into pieces with a simple backdrop. Meat proved that day it isn't always the fighter who has the biggest M.U.S.C.L.E.s that saves the day, sometimes it's the fighter with the most heart and determination. Sometimes the underdog wins after all. 

Edited by RedMoaiMan, 04 July 2017 - 06:42 PM.

#10 spacefold

spacefold

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

I just started reading the manga and just got to the beginning of the Dream Chojin Tag Arc, but the standouts for me so far are the back to back Robin Mask vs Junk man/Brocken Jr. vs The Ninja from the Golden Mask Arc. The Robin Mask one especially because prior to that point I was pretty indifferent about the character. After that fight I started to like Robin a lot more. 

#11 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

My personal favo

Also from the Kinnikuman Revival series starting in 2011, pretty much anything with Black Hole is guaranteed to be an amazing fight.

I couldn't agree more. In fact my personal favorite fight is the 4D Killer Combo Vs Muscle Bros. so even before the revival series Black hole exhibited some of the most unique techniques.

Him and Pentagon 4D Warp/Chronos Change and then 4D Cross was incredible! Then warping into his own dimension to fight Great was crazy!

Later fights with Dalmatian and Jack Faucet resulted in a double win making him my favorite devil by far!

#12 Kinnikufan89

Kinnikufan89

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

Nisei has a ton of my favorite fights, but in particular every fight with either Ricardo or Mars (two of my favorite characters, for sure).  They both had 3 matches in their first tournaments and all 3 matches were awesome in one way or another (oddly enough, both beat Jaeger and lost to Mantaro).  I was really hoping Ricardo would return in the Demon Seed arc and find a new partner in Mars since they had so much in common up to that point, but alas Ricardo remains MIA.  Ilioukhine (Comrade Turbinski) vs. Destruction was also great and was the first time I remember watching the anime and having no idea who would actually win the match, which added to my enjoyment.

As far as the original series goes, just about every match with Robin Mask is great.  Kinnikuman vs. Ashuraman is always a fun one to go back and watch/read.  4D Killer Combo vs. Muscle Bros. is another great one with how unique the 4D maneuvers are.  My favorite is probably Akuma Shogun vs. The Man, but that one is also the freshest in my mind, so that might change some time in the future.

Edited by Kinnikufan89, 13 July 2017 - 10:13 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com