117 replies to this topic

#26 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 10:47 AM

Those are great costumes. I wonder if it is hard to walk in them, and if they can transform into what they are supposed to! e+

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#27 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 23 October 2002 - 11:01 AM

I have a friend who went to an anime convetion a couple years ago and there was a guy dressed as optimus that oculd transform.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#28 Ramses

Ramses

Walking the path of heaven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 09:19 PM

well,a good sugestion is to have a Kinnikuman 2nd Generations GC Tornament at the con? I mean,we can mabe get some figs to give out for competetors? or mabe $? anyhoo,it's a good idea,alot of cons do it and with a game like Kinnikuman,it cant go wrong ^_^ oh well,it's just a stupid sujesttion

#29 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 05 December 2002 - 08:37 AM

A tourney of the game cube generation 2 would be kewl. If even there werent any prizes it would be a lot of fun.

Part of admission could be bring in one original muscle in any color and then you could use them as prizes for something.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#30 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 11:48 PM

Can we have a dunk tank, and put Doc Dew in it?

I leave for a few months and this is how i am treated?

doc moore, you bastitch! :blink:

but yes, it is good to be back. much money has been made and much money will soon be spent on Muscles. So much catching up to do....

glad to hear the Muscle Con is still a go. i will be there with bells on!

#31 Wraith

Wraith

alive and kickin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 03:10 AM

i hope you wear bells AND clothes, otherwise i'm staying home.

:blink:
......Posted Image....................................................
Petition to Get Generation 1 to USA
What I'm selling on Ebay

#32 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:41 AM

Can we have a dunk tank, and put Doc Dew in it?

I leave for a few months and this is how i am treated?

doc moore, you bastitch! :blink:

but yes, it is good to be back. much money has been made and much money will soon be spent on Muscles. So much catching up to do....

glad to hear the Muscle Con is still a go. i will be there with bells on!

Holy crap! Welcome back Doctor Dew!!! :o

:cry:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#33 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 12:55 AM

I hate to seem impatient, but are there any new developments concerning M.U.S.C.L.E. con '03?
People in my area are excited and keep needling me for info.
Also, I need to plan my vacation soon, and it mostly hinges on the convention's date.
Sorry I keep bugging you about this, Jkaris.

#34 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 09:38 AM

Free up late July - Early August. It will be in that 4 week period. Also, it will be on a Saturday or Sunday, for those fo you close by with a 9-5. The funding is here, the venue is 99% secured, but not %100 (that is what I'm waiting in dates for).

#35 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 01:18 AM

Free up late July - Early August. It will be in that 4 week period. Also, it will be on a Saturday or Sunday, for those fo you close by with a 9-5. The funding is here, the venue is 99% secured, but not %100 (that is what I'm waiting in dates for).

these are all good things.
i cant wait to spend money on muscles and doc moore's mt. dew
any idea on contests or events etc.?

or is it just too soon for that?
:)

#36 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 09:33 AM

any idea on contests or events etc.?

or is it just too soon for that?
:)

Go to the MuscleCon page. You can get there by the link at the top of the AKIA main page http://www.kinnikuman.com
But those are really a rough outline. No specific events confirmed yet.

#37 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 12:00 PM

yeah i know. i am lame.
i saw that soon after i posted.
it all sounds great so i am off to buy a blindfold......
for the "feel my muscle" contest.

#38 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 09:41 PM

Look what the cat dredged up!

Event list updated with a rough timeline folks......

Also, I am currently in negotiations with 4Kids and Bandai about attending the Con. We'll keep you posted!

http://jk.ixystems.c...lecon/index.htm

#39 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 09:47 PM

i wanna go, id kill to go(i tryd but he backed out after the murder) but alas plane tickets are !@#$in expensive....
btw, please take photos(and see if you can get them to make a promo um fig or card for it)
btw2, gnight and have a MUSCLY tommorow.
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#40 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 07:18 AM

oh, man...I'm excited
Posted Image

#41 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 08:52 AM

Sigghhhh...... sounds REAALLY cool and all, but I cannot come. No money, no way to get there, no where to stay... you know what I am getting at.

I can never make it to any sort of Fan convention, or fan fest of anything.

I couldn't get to Muppet Fest (Even still, it was short notice). Couldn't make garfield Fest... and anything else I couldn't make it to.

heck, I can't even get to Western Massachusettes (I live in the greater Boston area) to see the Dr. Seuss Memorial Statues...

So, guys, have lots of fun, tell me about it (In september... during the summer break I have to go home, where I don't have a computer. I use the school ones!)

Maybe some day if there's another one in the far future, I'll make it. But not now.... Siggghhhh... sadness swells up in the Americn cartoonist...
Posted Image

#42 QWAAH

QWAAH

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 12:26 PM

I hope that I'll have the time and the money to go out to the MUSCLE Con. I am only 45 Minutes away from Sacramento. As of right now, I am about 70% sure that I'll be there. The other 30% is caused by school, work and how hot it's going to be that day.

^_^
Click!

#43 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 26 March 2003 - 12:42 PM

:D I will come

Where the hell has ploid been? Along with others that used to be here often and vanished.

:lol: <------ curious to the disappearance of friends smiley.

Anyways, like mentioned before this is effing sweet. I can not wait. Johnny, what do we need to do to resevre a booth or what not???

I just had the most awesome idea. Johnny, since you are trying to get bandai and fox kids and stuff to sponsor you and be there, any chance of having them produce and bring, an ultimate, super rare only available at muscle con 2003 figure???? Know what I mean? How cool would that be?? A limited edition muscle con kinkeshi or something?

On a sad note, I am not happy with the poll results, why the hell can't all of you guys make it? I know money is money, but save up, yuou have plenty of time. Without a doubt in my mind, I will be there, nothing except work (depending on whats happening at the time) can keep me from there. I want to re-iterate(spl?) that my house is your house, but my wife is all mine hee hee. Anybody that can fly into Reno because it may or may not be cheaper than flying to California is free to stay at my place free of charge, and drive to muscle con with me. I live about 3 hours away from Johnny and Muscle con, so if I can save you some cash and get you to muscle con let me know. I would like an estimate of how many may want to go. I may even have some of Tsubasa's cute Japanese friends come with us. I am certain Reno will save some people money, plus I will come pick you up, drop you off (at the airport) etc... I want to meet so many of you that I am willing to do pretty much whatever I can to get you here. Especially friends that have been here since the beginning, ie mischa, doc dew, jkaris, tortle, musclemen kids etc... as well as all of you newbies. I just have not built that certain love for you yet, but I will. I like all of you guys, except VEERS, he is an a-hole. Hahahahahaha kidding, I love Veers too, he is sweet, and a great guy from what I can tell. Except his avatar scares me. So save your lunch money, save up for gas. Sell your star wars stuff, wash cars, cut grass, polish knobs, do what it takes to get your muscle loving asses here. I can't wait Johnny, I think we all owe you for what you are doing for the muscle community.

#44 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 01:20 PM

On a sad note, I am not happy with the poll results, why the hell can't all of you guys make it? I know money is money, but save up, yuou have plenty of time. Without a doubt in my mind, I will be there, nothing except work (depending on whats happening at the time) can keep me from there. I want to re-iterate(spl?) that my house is your house, but my wife is all mine hee hee. Anybody that can fly into Reno because it may or may not be cheaper than flying to California is free to stay at my place free of charge, and drive to muscle con with me.

You should see me.. I'm crying. I never cry. Ever.. I freak out when I'm going crazy, but never cry.... I would oh so loooove to come, but even if I save up I could make it, maybe in time for Muscle con 2049 (of course, if we're not all old fogeys by then and we forget MuSCLES... and our Family members). I am pretty much going by the seat of my pants here... seat of my pants, hanging on.... but I will not be able to make it, even if I wanted to (and I do! I do do do do do!!!!)

nopt only that, but... I'm afraid of travelling by Airplane. I live in Massachusettes, the other side of the country, and a bus trip would take weeks. I would suck it up and go. i really would, but I cannot. Skull and Cross bones shooting daggers, can't even sell my soul can't make it.

I mean, if Scientists invent and perfect a matter transporter machine by then, then I'll come and bring you all hand made clay models of Meat. But I need a miricle. i guess the good Doctor (myself) will have to stay home and play with his G2 figures and watch the few cartoons I taped again for the billionth time..... sigggghhhh!!!
Posted Image

#45 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:30 PM

On a sad note, I am not happy with the poll results, why the hell can't all of you guys make it?

I would like to see everybody, but it's A LOT of money to spend on a convention, money that I just don't have. I know you offered to have anyone come stay with you, but I would have to pay for a plane ticket (as well as food and rent-a-car expenses), take vacation time from work, etc. If I lived within driving distance I'd be there, but as it is, I'll have to wait until there's an east-coast MUSCLE con. :lol:

-Nathan

#46 Kinnikux

Kinnikux

Devil Ashuraman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 03:10 PM

Haha yeah Im on the east coast too, but maybe next year or in a couple years we can arrange one for all of us poor folks on the east who can't afford the rent-a-cars and plane tickets. It sounds like it will be awesome though, and I sucks I won't be able make it.

#47 AmoiMan

AmoiMan

Garlic Energized

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 03:22 PM

I just think everyone, even if they won't be going to MUSCLE Con, should thank Doc. I think that was a great show of generosity and friendship.....It says a lot about the man's character....Thanks, man :woot:

I'm done
Posted Image

#48 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 04:34 PM

I cant make it, but it would of been great if I could. All the things there seemed so great, even the contests and all. PLus the stores that you can by muscles from.

AmoiMan is right, I would like to thank doc_moore for his invite to the muscle fans. Seems like a great offer to anyone that can make it.

Posted Image

#49 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 04:35 PM

yeah thanks man(my sig offer still valid.)
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#50 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 27 March 2003 - 08:29 AM

Some of us have extenuating circumstances.

I want to spend Christmas at home. I haven't been home for Christmas in a few years.

That is in doubt because my dad is having health problems. He has serosis of the liver. (Be careful what Pain pills and other medication you take. Ask the doctors about long term affects. My dad doesn't drink at all) I may be going out there sooner if I am a compatible donor and that would use all my vacation time sick time and probably all the money in the bank. If not I will probably be going out there if we can get a donor soon.

FYI my folks live about 3 hours away from Sacramento.

Since there are quite a few of us east coasters that may not be able to make the trip we can have a mini muscle con here. Depending on the amount of people I may be able to put something on here in Ga. It would be nothing like the shin dig out west but we could get together for a day or two and play games and chit chat, Look at each others collections etc. etc.

Haven't run this by the wife either. So it is just an idea in the works.

Depending on all the stuff going on I may be in California recouping at the time. But us east coasters can try to have a little Muscle con.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com