#1 TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

--

Edited by TheToyman.FunkyCosmic, 14 July 2015 - 12:15 AM.

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:51 AM

robocop-dollar.jpg

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Attached File  shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg   54.02K   2 downloads

#4 Guest_tarmogoyf_*

Guest_tarmogoyf_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

I LOL'd.  :)

#5 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

Haha, Jotun gets a gold star from teacher.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#6 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

The sad thing is, if you stuck this on ebay it would probably sell (to someone who thought this was the actual way they did the star monster I mean)

#7 TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

#8 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

good idea  :)

Hahaha... Might work cause these are rare as shit and almost no ones seen one in real life :)

#9 TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

#10 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

I had just thought that something like this would make for a fun April Fool's Day joke. In all seriousness, I'm very interested to see if the star monster turns up in a different color variant or on a different sculpt. Personally, I think both star monsters that emerged her on LRG were authentic but it'd be nice to have more examples surface to truly lay the matter to rest.

Edited by MudPuppetJoel, 12 July 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#11 TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

Edited by TheToyman.FunkyCosmic, 14 July 2015 - 12:14 AM.

#12 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

Would you know if anyone has ever contacted the peoples who made these figures & asked them about the star figure ?  Maybe lots of people set them in & somewhere in a dusty warehouse lies a box full off them. (Indiana Jones, the ark in the warehouse at the end of the film )   :)

A few months back that idea was brought up in a thread concerning the Star Monster. Frank who writes the Little Weirdos blog offered to be the one who made contact as he has interviewed industry people before but I'm not sure if any progress has been made.

Edited by MudPuppetJoel, 12 July 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#13 TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

-

#14 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

The way I interpret the original literature is that 1 in every 10,000 boxes (not monsters) contained a Star Monster. I may be wrong, of course; perhaps in was 1 in every 10,000 monsters but I don't think so. I also tend to agree with you where the sculpt and color are concerned -- it was probably stamped onto just the one color/sculpt combination to keep things simple but for the sake of sheer interest I'm holding out hope that other characters will turn up with the treasured mark. Hopefully, the original creators will be contacted in time and all of our MIMP queries will be answered.

#15 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:02 PM

A few months back that idea was brought up in a thread concerning the Star Monster. Frank who writes the Little Weirdos blog offered to be the one who made contact as he has interviewed industry people before but I'm not sure if any progress has been made.

Yeah, I found one of the creators on LinkedIn but I hadn't realized that LinkedIn would force me to buy a paid subscription for like 40 bucks or something just to be able to send him a message. I tried to find another way to contact him but couldn't find one. So I never did it. I'll find a way eventually as it's still on my mind. Especially now that I can use the actual Star Monster I found as more reason to reach out.

#16 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, I found one of the creators on LinkedIn but I hadn't realized that LinkedIn would force me to buy a paid subscription for like 40 bucks or something just to be able to send him a message. I tried to find another way to contact him but couldn't find one. So I never did it. I'll find a way eventually as it's still on my mind. Especially now that I can use the actual Star Monster I found as more reason to reach out.

What's your take on the sculpt/color combination and the potential number of Star Monsters that were originally produced?

#17 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

What's your take on the sculpt/color combination and the potential number of Star Monsters that were originally produced?

I'd bet that stars were only put on purple and neon purple Jotuns. I also predict that any more purple ones found will look like mine and any more NP ones will look like the NP one discussed on this board (the theory that the unique mold that must have been used for mine was gone/unavailable by the time the neons were produced seems plausible to me). But of course that's nothing more than a guess, and could be totally off.

As far as a number, I can't even venture a guess.

#18 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

I'd bet that stars were only put on purple and neon purple Jotuns. I also predict that any more purple ones found will look like mine and any more NP ones will look like the NP one discussed on this board (the theory that the unique mold that must have been used for mine was gone/unavailable by the time the neons were produced seems plausible to me). But of course that's nothing more than a guess, and could be totally off.

As far as a number, I can't even venture a guess.

Not a bad line of logic. As far as the number of Star Monsters goes I didn't really mean a literal raw number but rather what your thoughts or interpretation was of the original claim of 1 in 10,000.

#19 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

Not a bad line of logic. As far as the number of Star Monsters goes I didn't really mean a literal raw number but rather what your thoughts or interpretation was of the original claim of 1 in 10,000.

Oh, based on the wording on the box I am sure it's one in every 10,000 packages, not one in every 10,000 monsters. No idea how many packages were made, though. And who knows if they really followed the 1/10,000 thing. Nobody would have been able to hold them to it.

#20 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:07 PM

I find the whole Star Monster saga very intriguing and I hope several more do surface. It'd be neat to see a few more Jotun Trolls with the mark emerge and then out of nowhere a non-Jotun Troll Star Monster is found. Speculation would run rampant in regard to authenticity or perhaps such a find would be attributed to a factory error. Oh, that would be a rare figure indeed. Can you imagine that? A one-of-a-kind factory error Star Monster?! We'd all wet ourselves.

#21 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:30 PM

This whole thread makes me want to build a Jotun Army. 

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#22 TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

TheToyman.FunkyCosmic

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

--

#23 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:30 AM

This whole thread makes me want to build a Jotun Army. 

They would surely war with your Behemoth Army. Are you prepared for that?

#24 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

They would surely war with your Behemoth Army. Are you prepared for that?

They would be destroyed by sheer numbers. I only have about 12 trolls at the moment :)

#25 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

If anyone does get in touch with anyone who was involved in the line, please ensure to ask about more things than just the star monster. There are many other unanswered questions about MIMP than just that.

Edited by theassassin, 13 July 2015 - 05:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Monster in my pocket, Star M.I.MP.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com