#1 GPKCaster82

GPKCaster82

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Not growing up.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum! Just wanted to share some of my custom Alice Island Garbage Pail Kids Cheap Toys I made. I just recently got back into resin and plastic casting and these are my first attempts. The neon green is hell on my camera as its SUPER neon, but the Bubble Gum pink and reds came through pretty well. They look much better in person. Hope you all like them!

Attached Files

#2 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

That's really nice, neon colors are best colors!
Are those Smooth On Ignite colors?

#3 GPKCaster82

GPKCaster82

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

The color was achieved by using some acrylic neon paint mixed in with the resin. Thanks for inquiring!

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Lovely colors, I used to cast up all of them awhile back. Watch out when selling, i recieved a couple cease and desist letters from Topps.

#5 GPKCaster82

GPKCaster82

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

Thanks, but I don't sell them. Just make them for myself and as presents for friends. Its sad though, Topps made so many things in my childhood that made me happy and now they seem to be on a crusade to stop the fans having any fun. I stopped buying anything from them a long time ago. Now I support local and independent artists when and where I can. That's one reason I got onto this forum. I've seen some very nice sculpts and customs on here. I hope to contribute down the road with my own original creations.

#6 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Lovely colors, I used to cast up all of them awhile back. Watch out when selling, i recieved a couple cease and desist letters from Topps.

Lol holy crap that is funny. I was just talking to my fiancee about this...she mentioned wanting to make a mini castle greyskull to fit in scale with the new Motuscle figures, and possibly kit bash those as well to create a more "traditional" toy soldier look to them, and later add she ra to the mix, etc. I told her all it's all fun and games until Mattel and/or super 7 sends US a cease and desist letter. What happened after that Eric? Did you just stop producing or were they bluffing?

Nice figures too btw man..sorry not trying to step on your post and make it take a left turn!

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

The folks behind MIMP have also done this to casters of that line, too.

It's strange that they have an interest in protecting their IPs, but don't actually do anything with them. (Though I suppose Topps has got back into the game, in all fairness to them.)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 GPKCaster82

GPKCaster82

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

I've always wondered that. Its not like we'll ever see a re-release of the original GPK Cheap Toys or MIMP figures as they were back in the day. The thing that blows my mind is that unless a person sends requests out for a company to mass produce a bootleg, its not like an independent caster can make enough bootlegs to put even a scratch in Topps or Matchbox's income. If anything, these custom figures generate interest in a re-release or at least keep the brands alive until the day the big companies decide to do another run. I mean, Topps COULD have re-released the original Cheap Toys and just used different colors or markings to distinguish them from the 1980's figures, but instead, they released Minikins. So what was/is the point in protecting the Cheap Toy sculpts? In any case, once 3D printers are perfected and cheap, we will have no use for those companies and will be able to share our own custom ideas with each other and print our own wild inventions and sets. A co-worker of mine bought a $200 printer and the results are quite impressive. And the 3D scanners are getting cheaper each year and can render a physical sculpt in perfect detail (Believe me, I've used one in the past and the technology is amazing). 

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to create the hybrid, "Cobra Claw-mmander". M.U.S.C.L.E's Claw with Cobra Commander's head so I can irritate Hasbro and Mattel with one seriously messed-up figure.  :D

#9 GPKCaster82

GPKCaster82

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:13 AM

I'm just having some fun, but this is the prototype of "Cobra Clawmmander". The name just cracks me up. I'm sure G.I Joe wouldn't be able to take this threat very seriously either!  :lol:

Attached Files

Edited by GPKCaster82, 05 March 2017 - 12:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Garbage Pail Kids, Cheap Toys, Custom, Neon, Alice Island, Resin, Minikins

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com