Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts! Help us Kickstart this new toyline!

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#326 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

I woke up to this news (late in the afternoon, don't judge me!) rather confused about the whole thing. I mean, to cancel just hours before the end was almost ludicrous! I'm glad to see that the project isn't dead, the Kickstarter pledges won't be forgotten, and that people still get a taste of the toyline at the 80mm scale even if it won't remain at that size.

Seeing as I couldn't have made a $45 pledge before the Kickstarter ended, this gives me a better shot at the line, minus the golden lion anyway.

#327 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

I understand the decision. Personally I'd have been stoked about 80mm sized beasts. In fact, can we have that as an option? :rolleyes:
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#328 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I have known Jon for many years now, and I can say without a doubt that he has a lot if integrity.

I agree 100% I was never questioning him for wrong doing, i was just curious as to what happened and what happened to my pledge and rewards associated with it. I apologize to Johnny if my posts seemed negative towards him at all. I completely love the guy.

Regarding the ROTB, I think he made the right decision because I personally would be kind of bummed about the larger figures. I dont like large figures. I was hoping these would be about muscle sized to be honest with you. Rather than pissing people off he made the right choice. Its like buying a muscle poster and finding out its the size of a postcard.

#329 WarOnTheShore

WarOnTheShore

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Bigger figures that only have two points of articulation don't interest me in the slightest, sorry.

#330 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

If I or others have reacted poorly before the recent announcement its because it was handled poorly. This recent news could have been explained in the very first update after cancelling the kickstarter project. The intial response from Jon did not reflect this news at all.

#331 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

If I or others have reacted poorly before the recent announcement its because it was handled poorly. This recent news could have been explained in the very first update after cancelling the kickstarter project. The intial response from Jon did not reflect this news at all.

I don't blame you.

Bigger figures that only have two points of articulation don't interest me in the slightest, sorry.

Honestly, I think that may be the general consensus of most of the pledgers as well.

#332 Clawfreak

Clawfreak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

"Rather than Its like buying a muscle poster and finding out its the size of a postcard."

Ha, or like A4 size....... :rolleyes:

Oh well, shit happens guys,
A famous qoute " don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."
Stephen Tyler

Edited by Clawfreak, 14 March 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#333 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

I understand the situation and peoples frustration. I appreciate Jon gave us an explanation at all. I belong to the Matty MOTU subscription and as big as a company as that is, we put up with a ton of crap. Horrible customer service, Faulty figures, delayed figures and such with little, late or no explanation at all. Sometimes in these situations you can't give an explanation right away til all the facts are known or you have a well thought through response.

#334 Smudge

Smudge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:design, music, books

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Jon made a smart call here, despite some poor communication, which I'm sure was the result of a very hectic morning. Glad to see that this is all getting worked out, and that these figures might still have a promising future.

:thumbsup:

#335 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

I think they ant-guy would look better with jet black fleshy parts, and maybe pinchers?
I do like the more monstrous-looking ascpect of his design, over say, the lion.

I also think that the idea of a scaled 6" figure would be neat. Like a T-Rex, or whale or something.

Also, have you considered doing any Beast figures of cryptids?

#336 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Its like buying a muscle poster and finding out its the size of a postcard.

:lol:

Well said.
Posted Image

#337 Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

My beef is not with Jon (it even sounds like Jon knew this wouldn't fly but was forced to go with it), but with P! and how they chose to handle this. They chose to try to raise revenue through community building, then choose to cut the community out of the loop the second a small speedbump went up. I would have been fine with a delay, I understand how things can happen. What I don't understand is the garbage first excuse about a "fantastic opportunity" which seems to be 100% at odds with what really happened. If P! wants to conduct business with what amounts to lies that's fine, they just won't be getting my money, and I'm glad it happened before they did get anything from me.
Posted Image

#338 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

So did P! dup Jon into using his forum to gage interest in the line and then yank it it out from under him?

I saw the factory and size issue but was that really the issue?
Surely there was no need to kill the KS if it was a matter of finding the right factory to deal with.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#339 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Either way, hopefully they come out around the same time. and I don't see the big deal... instead of paying upfront, we pay when they come out.

#340 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

I understand that Jkaris was the face. I can't say cause I don't know, but it seems that P! really did you an injustice John. Their decisions, though possibly justifiable, really put some heat on you. I don't think that's fair.

I feel kind of ashamed for backing the project without even asking or looking into P! further, cause I took Jkaris for what he has always been. A straight shooter and honest guy. I think those of us who put alot on the line up front deserve more info from P! themselves. Although I didn't lose anything, and I'm not really bent about it. It shows a lack of responsibility from a group that has formed no credibility in the first place. Even though it's probably part of your job to take the brunt of any customer/investor dissatisfaction, but I still think that was an unprofessional position that they put you in.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any counts though. This is my statement only knowing what has already be publicized.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 14 March 2012 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

#341 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

P! blew it.

Part of the experience of KS is being a part of something.
The feeling of "I helped make this cool idea come to life" is now gone.
When they come out in june or they attempt to do another KS it won't be the same.

Edited by PimpNugget, 14 March 2012 - 03:31 PM.

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#342 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

I can vouch for the guys at P!. They are good guys, but a couple mistakes were definitely made, by myself and P!.

1. Not having a working sample from the factory before starting the Kickstarter. I should have made sure this was the case. My fault.
2. Trying to put a positive spin on the factory issue, instead of coming out directly with it and also highlighting the new opportunities. I wanted to put all the info out immediately, instead of trying to spin it into positive/positive. This was on them, but I acquiesced, so really it is on me, too.

All that being said, I am definitely in this for the long haul. I will continue to do what I can and work with them to get these figures out in time, even if the new opportunities fail to pan out like the current factory did. But there will definitely not be another Kickstarter attempt. I think that bridge has been sufficiently burned.

#343 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

P! blew it.

Part of the experience of KS is being a part of something.
The feeling of "I helped make this cool idea come to life" is now gone.
When they come out in june or they attempt to do another KS it won't be the same.

Oh wow, I missed a lot of the dramatic unfoldings, earlier. Sheesh.
Well, I agree, that the level of excitement these had garnered, won't be the same in June, and I don't understand why searching for a different factory would entail cancelling the KS... But, whatever.
If everybody is really so butt-hurt about it, let's just do something about it. There is enough talented people on this board, what is stopping us from putting together a project to get behind?

Jon... Bummer, dude. I don't think this will wind up being remembered as 'egg' on your face, at least not from my point of view. I think you've earned a modicum of respect from everybody, and that's all I have to say about that.

#344 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

I stayed up last night until 2am to watch the kickstarter project come to a close... But instead saw it get cancelled at the last few minutes...
I've woken up today a bit frazzled at whats gonna happen, and after catching up on the news I can say I'm relieved.
I thought from the funding cancelled status, it would lead to the series being canned but it looks like I was wrong.
I am still pumped about this line, though somewhat cut at P! for not getting their shit together earlier.

What does the new changes mean for people who pledged $1.1k for their custom app figures, or people like me who pledged $1.5k for a fully custom figure?
You've said that this still will happen later down the road, after the initial series has been completed...
But what does this really mean? And do the numbers still hold true?

I'm a bit confused at the actual size these will be made, 60 or 80mm?
Also, how many articualtions? :confused:

I'll be heartbroken if these guys don't go ahead.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#345 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Just to quickly answer your questions...

For those who pledged $1100 and $1500, once there are actual, physical finished figures in hand, then the opportunity will be there again if people are interested.

The gold lion will be 80mm, simply because that is the limit on the current factory. The regular figures will be at 60mm via a different factory. Same articulation, neck and shoulders.

#346 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'm not gonna lie guys, im still gonna rub one out to that video later.

#347 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just to quickly answer your questions...

For those who pledged $1100 and $1500, once there are actual, physical finished figures in hand, then the opportunity will be there again if people are interested.

The gold lion will be 80mm, simply because that is the limit on the current factory. The regular figures will be at 60mm via a different factory. Same articulation, neck and shoulders.

I guess that's fair enough.
I'd still like to see the lion reintroduced later at the same scale as the others figures though.

What I am really concerned about now is, well...
After pledging and feeling involved, many fans have been left feeling left out now.
I worry that some have just been burnt out & have no desire to support this series anymore.
I'm asking everyone to please share their thoughts on a dilemma...
Some of us did pledge big bucks to see these figures made, with a little customizing incentives.
(both the $1.1k backers, and the $1.5 too) so here is my question.

Will you people still buy our customs when they are released?
I know we are to wait until we have the series 1 figures first, but I'm just throwing this out there.

I mean, I along with probably everyone else here have wanted to be involved in making a toy figure,
But I only backed the ROTB project knowing it had a fan base.
I wouldn't want to end up with bunch of figures that nobody wants, and will never sell.

How does everyone feel about this?

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#348 Smudge

Smudge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:design, music, books

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

But there will definitely not be another Kickstarter attempt. I think that bridge has been sufficiently burned.

I wouldn't rule that out entirely. A good many of your 170 original supporters might re-pledge if you come back with:
1. a real working sample
2. a recovery plan / assurances about potential roadblocks and how they might be mitigated.

On top of that you'd also probably get some interest from some new people. The additional exposure wouldn't hurt.

That said, I'm sure you could make this work without Kickstarter. I'm just a huge fan of the crowd-funding model, and I think you are underestimating how forgiving people might be if you are up-front about stuff.

#349 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Will you people still buy our customs when they are released?
I know we are to wait until we have the series 1 figures first, but I'm just throwing this out there.

I mean, I along with probably everyone else here have wanted to be involved in making a toy figure,
But I only backed the ROTB project knowing it had a fan base.
I wouldn't want to end up with bunch of figures that nobody wants, and will never sell.

How does everyone feel about this?

I think you would need to ask those questions closer to when you have to commit that money after this all settles down.

I've been wondering since I saw the news how many big backers would just say, "F it, I'll throw $1,000 into 200 exclusive color sets of OMFG instead." That's what I see as the risk in killing the kickstarter, even though it looks like it was the right decision.

Good luck to everyone involved. I'll still look to buy a set when they come out, but I'll just go with the one color scheme I like the most. I can't afford to be a completist with these guys.

#350 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

My son's honesty and integrity speaks for itself.
He would NEVER put anyone else's money in jeopardy.
He would NEVER promise one thing and do another.
Yes Omega, I AM still proud of my son. He did the right thing for the right reasons to PROTECT the investors/pledgers and the integrity of this community.

And as for those who are pissed because they weren't told right away? Isn't it ALWAYS a good thing to get the facts together BEFORE you start talking???

That is exactly what he did and exactly what he should have done.
Which is more than some of you did....Posted Image

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com