• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

Hello all, a friend of mine gave me these figures years ago. I never really knew anything about them until I saw some posts about Glyos here. I finally dug them out of storage and I was hoping to properly identify them ahead of a possible sale or trade.

I've dug around the database online and I think I've figured out most of them, but some figures and parts don't seems to match anything in the database. Any additional info or advice would be greatly helpful.

Attached File  image.jpeg   64.96K   0 downloads
This appears to be the Crayboth Pack 5.

Attached File  image.jpeg   89K   0 downloads
And these seem to be Crayboth Pack 2.

Attached File  image.jpeg   60.83K   0 downloads
Gendrone GITD Green from wave 10?

Attached File  image.jpeg   65.22K   0 downloads
Glynn Enforcer Wave 16? What is the extra head about?

Attached File  image.jpeg   62.32K   0 downloads
Looks like Solaris Gobon from wave 11, but the head is different. Did they come with extra parts that aren't in the database pics?

Attached File  image.jpeg   63.42K   0 downloads
Looks a like a Phaseon, but I can't find the color combo anywhere and nothing matches the head.

Attached File  image.jpeg   64K   0 downloads
Close to Andromeda Pheyden, but the hands and feet are not the right color.

I know I've seen toys that included the words "Glyos compatible" in the description, is it possible that some of these have some aftermarket parts mixed in? Or my friend mixed them up with other Glyos figs he had before he gave them to me?

Thank you

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:18 AM

In regards to the extra pieces, just about every glyos figure has swappable limbs of some kind that comes with the figure, or can be purchased separately.

They also release them in "waves", and the waves are usually colours that go together. Since all glyos joints work together, you can either:

A - Swap out different colour limbs

and/or

B - Swap out different limbs/heads/etc altogether.

As a prime example, that is one of two heads the gobon comes with.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

Hmmm... So what I'm getting out of this is that A: my figs might be missing parts and B: the official Glyos database does not show you all the bits the figs come with?

Thank you

#4 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:45 AM

You can try asking the people at http://glyosconnect.org - they would know more than LRG about these guys.

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

Your unknown robot is a Beanbot. It was an old Onell Design line that got shuffled into Glyos with some new parts as the Phaseon. They often got thrown into earlier Glyos orders, since Matt is always amazing about bonuses and the things did not take off on their own.

Your Solaris Gobon might not be missing its original head. That one is hidden inside the torso. If you take it apart entirely, it might be sitting in the cavity.

I don't see anything missing on your Glyan Enforcer. Every Glyan comes with an alternate matching head and it just varies for the heck of it whether the "official" default head is the helmet or the unmasked one.

The Gendrones and Buildmen, on the other hand, all have backpacks which included some extra pieces that could be used as adapters and two alternate heads. The Gendrone head is one of the alternates, with the other one being this triangular visored head. It looks as if the backpack is entirely missing on your dude, unfortunately.

Your Andromeda Pheyden comes with Solaris Excellis limbs. The reason for this seemingly random creation might be due to an old feature on the Onell Design store, the Junk Shop. This would be a random assortment of spare parts that had been amassed over several production runs, put together as complete figures and sold much cheaper than normal retail price. A lot of collectors got together on the old October Toys forum and would swap parts in an attempt to turn their random bits into complete standard figures and many were successful, but it took some work! This particular figure could be a more matching example of one of these, or maybe your friend wanted to mess around and mixed up the parts this way, but you're short the Solaris body with Andromeda limbs. Either way, it's a neat curiosity and would be desirable to the many fans of the Solaris glow in the dark color.

Ye of little faith, bronchuseven...

#6 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

Damn, I should have known better! All hail the god of toy IDs.

#7 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

Your unknown robot is a Beanbot. It was an old Onell Design line that got shuffled into Glyos with some new parts as the Phaseon.

Aha, I see the design similarities in the head. What a weird series of connections and events. I went to a toy-themed BBQ once where Matt Doughty was in attendance. Some of those Beans were given out as favors. The friend who gave me these Glyos figs is pals with Doughty. I'm guessing that's why some of this stuff is either missing parts or a little mismatched - he probably got them outside the normal retail channels.

Your Solaris Gobon might not be missing its original head. That one is hidden inside the torso. If you take it apart entirely, it might be sitting in the cavity.

Voila! Nice, thanks for the tip. The other head was indeed inside just as you said.

Thank you all for the info.

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:20 AM

No problem! If you're going to trade or sell off the Gobon, now that it's confirmed complete, it should go for a decent amount. Your Pheyden amalgam might as well for those Solaris limbs.

Never should've gotten rid of my glow Crayboths!

#9 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

Everything is up on eBay. All with $.99 starting bids and reasonable shipping.

Go here.

Thanks again for the help with identification..

Thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glyos, onell

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com