Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How much have you spent on a single toy?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:25 PM

I guess I have broken my record since my $100 Spinning Head Ashuraman purchase post earlier in this thread.

I spent $300 on my Blackhole Sunshine M.U.S.C.L.E. figure.

That's nothing compared to Philly's $422 on his recent Spinning Head Ashuraman purchase! :p

;)

$422!! Pretty amazing that something so small can go for so much. But as long as he has the money everything will be fine. I dont think that I would every spend that much on a toy, but who knows what will happen between now and then.

Posted Image

#27 Drtooth

Drtooth

germaphobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:40 PM

err.... 12 bucks on a Kinnikuman action figure from the UM line?

What can I say... I'm cheap! I didn't even pick up the 35 buck Pigs in Space playset yet! :p
Posted Image

#28 Uo-ZUMAN

Uo-ZUMAN

Leo Saint Aioria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:05 PM

the most money i ever spent on a single toy purchase was on a boxed set of 12 saint seiya reissue gold saint figures. it is called the "12 gold saints gather box", and it was an exclusive set sold at the jump anime festival in japan.
and i spent around $349.00 on it.
it was well worth it for me though cuz the set brings back alot of nostalgia from my childhood.

heres a picture of it: (everything come packaged in a HUGE black box)

Attached Files

Edited by Uo-ZUMAN, 01 March 2004 - 02:11 PM.

Posted Image

#29 pfisteria

pfisteria

Sol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:17 PM

The most I ever spent on a single toy was about $75-$80 for a kinkeshi. The most I ever spent on toys in a single purchase was $150-$160 on two kinkeshi. :rolleyes:

Edited by pfisteria, 01 March 2004 - 02:17 PM.

"If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."

#30 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:52 PM

I just spent fifty five dollars for Lars to make me my very own custom Marvel Legends style Hunter Rose Grendel figure, it's basically the same one shown here under the 70's Cyclops figure. I'll also comission a Christine Spar, Grendel-Prime, Eppy Thatcher, and Dulac Grendel figures from him also, probobly even comission a Thanos, Strider Hiryu, Lone Wolf and Cub Ogami Itto and Daigoro, and a 1984 version Storm Shadow Marvel Legends style figures from him too. The cost might seem high, but I think it's worth it considering these will never be available in stores, especially the Grendel figures, also, when I get the Hunter Rose in the mail, expect a review of that some time after...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#31 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:06 PM

The most I ever spent on a single toy was $80 bucks for a 1/60th scale Freedom Gundam model. But it was more than worth it. It's now my favorite piece in my collection. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#32 ToyManiac

ToyManiac

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:37 PM

VINTAGE STAR WARS POTF '85 - Yak Face (C9 condition; loose with staff)

$105 (got it on eBay about 2 yrs. back)

:rolleyes:

#33 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:21 AM

Although I spend quite a bit of money, my individual toys don't cost that much at all. So far, I've even racked up some nice discounts, like a complete God Neptune (repaint of the Decepticon combiner Pirhanacon) for $30. :huh:

The most I've spent is on a G1 Skullcruncher - he originally cost me $30, plus I had to buy a replacement head (he's a Headmaster, you know) for $18.

#34 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:47 AM

$50 for a single Hot Wheels redline Bi-focal

$130 at a Goodwill auction for a sweet Hot Wheels case filled with 21 redlines plus a RRRumblers motorcycle. The cars in it would fetch about $600 to $700 overall if sold individually (but I'm keeping them all). I was prepared to spend $300 but no other HW collectors showed up.

Not sure what the top price I paid for MUSCLE items probably the $30 incl. shipping I just paid for the colored MUSCLE poster yesterday.

I try to look at how much I'm paying vs. what the item's worth. Like most people, I like to get a deal and like Boaconda I spend quite a bit overall but not too much on individual items.
Posted Image
the slime of all my yesterdays
rots in the hollow of my skull

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#35 Darth Monkey

Darth Monkey

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:46 PM

I spent $50 on a Clear Carp Battle Beast. Some of the Star Wars pieces I've got have been more expensive, but it was their retail price. Like I paid $60 for the Imperial Shuttle recently.

#36 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:07 PM

MUSCLE related: $15 for twenty MUSCLES and badly damaged board game, sans Grape figures.

Ultimate Muscle related: Over $300 for the first editon of the CCG. I got six trays of the CCG at the K-Mart down in Winter Park, Florida(all of them, all but one pack, four of them sans figures :( ), and they were marked too damned high. I also spent a bit on loose packs on Ebay, but never over seventy cents each.
I still am missing two cards, though... :lol:

non-Muscle: M:TG, if it counts. I've seven 5000ct boxes. Retail Price has been about .22-.26 cents each card per pack... and I've bought singles of them, too, for over that. Let's see... most cost a quarter retail... Hmmm... I own approximatly 8,750 dollars worth of Magic cards as per pack in price, plus a ton of paraphanelia. That's been spent over a ten year period, however... Quite amazing, when I tabulate it.

Non-Game: A Limited Edition Devo Chromed Power Dome. That was a hundred bucks. Limited to thirty pieces.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#37 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, NWOBHM, Punk, Hardcore, Thrash -->CDs, Albums, Videos, DVDs, MP3's, etc.

Toys, Toys, Toys especially vintage & old cars! HW (esp. redlines), Dealer Promos, SSPs, et. al., kinnikuman, SD kinkeshi, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, & anything else that catches my eye

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

Saw some talk on how much Super Rares are going for now and it reminded me of this old thread. I know my top price went up on a single toy, anyone else?

I paid $325 for a 1995 Hot Wheels 67 Camaro Treasure Hunt this summer. I knew I'd probably do it one day and finally did.
Posted Image

they will pick up snakes in their hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm themPosted Image

#38 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:04 AM

Wow,Zombie thread. Cool topic though.
Acouple years ago I spent $850 for an AFA 80 G1 Starscream. He's gone now due to financial difficulties in the past. Most recently I dropped $150 for a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus. ~ Worth every penny! :rofl:

#39 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:47 AM

MUSCLE related: 25$ on a SC + ring figures on eBay one or two year ago
toys in general: 100$ (shipping not included) for a painted soundwave decoy

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

Who can resist talking about their toy collection, even if the thread does smell like death? :rofl:

Considering the rather large scope of my toy collection, the most i've ever spent on a single toy was a rather modest $100 on a complete Cobra Terrordrome. It was at a flea market of all places.

That's a playset though, and is like three toys rolled into one, so...the most i've ever spent on a single action figure is a tie between my complete King Randor and complete Sorceress from the original He-Man line. They were $30 each.

The most i've ever spent in a single run on toys was about $600, dropped in one day at a comic convention (Incidentally i was signing at the convention and made about half of that back, so that might count towards my net :o...).
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#41 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

The most i've ever spent in a single run on toys was about $600, dropped in one day at a comic convention (Incidentally i was signing at the convention and made about half of that back, so that might count towards my net :mcmadd:...).

Color me intrigued. Why were you signing at a comic convention?

#42 roland13

roland13

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:34 AM

The most I have spent on an action figure would have been $800 for my carded English version Sea Panic Battle Charger. My yellow drill is the most expensive toy I own at about $1500. And it cost me close to that in the trade for it. But both of these examples are really damn rare toys.

Eaon

#43 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

The most i've ever spent in a single run on toys was about $600, dropped in one day at a comic convention (Incidentally i was signing at the convention and made about half of that back, so that might count towards my net :mcmadd:...).

Color me intrigued. Why were you signing at a comic convention?

I used to do a bit of comic book work with a small label called The Three Legged Black Cat Society, run by Aaron Bordner. Nothing incredibly prestigious, but enough to get me into comic conventions in the midwest for a few years. :unsure:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#44 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

The most I have spent on an action figure would have been $800 for my carded English version Sea Panic Battle Charger. My yellow drill is the most expensive toy I own at about $1500. And it cost me close to that in the trade for it. But both of these examples are really damn rare toys.

Eaon

You gotta love the yellow drill though :mcmadd:

dabbuu
Posted Image

#45 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:58 PM

Probably like $30 bucks.....I don't think I've ever paid more than that on a figure....I could be wrong though. I'm a pretty solid cheapskate though, so I'm gonna stick with $30 bucks. :mcmadd: And that could be on just about anything really.

Posted Image

#46 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

Wow. $48 total on a single figure (G1 Skullcruncher) is a total joke now! I surpassed that record ages ago, in almost any way measurable. :mcmadd:

1. Most Money Spent On A Toy
About $60 on a Marmit Monster Heaven Gigan figure. Absolutely positively worth it!

2. Most Money Spent On A Vintage Star Wars Toy
...err... let's try that again!

3. Most Money Spent On A Godzilla Toy
Better. Fortunately or unfortunately, the answer remains the same. MH Gigan FTW!

4. Most Money Spent On A M.U.S.C.L.E Toy
Something like $3 for an orange Cobra Satan?

5. Most Money Spent On An Ultraman Toy
$36 for an Ultraman Festival exclusive Sadora. Wavy arms with pincers FTW!

6. Most Money Spent At Once On Toys
Nearly $150 for a huge bargain's worth of Godzilla figures. Unfortunately, I resold many of them, but I did keep some of the X-Plus Gameras and an 8" Godzilla 2002 (from GMK).

Edited by Boaconda, 23 January 2008 - 04:45 PM.

#47 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

1. Most Money Spent On A Toy
Close to $200, a Kinniku-Colosseum I believe. Although I have a DVD/Keshi set coming in late this year that should cost me around $800.

2. Most Money Spent On A Vintage Star Wars Toy
$20+ for a Yoda.

3. Most Money Spent On A Godzilla Toy
n/a

4. Most Money Spent On A M.U.S.C.L.E Toy
Around $40 for a S.C.

5. Most Money Spent On An Ultraman Toy
n/a

6. Most Money Spent At Once On Toys
In the thousands for the store inventory, but personally? Over $1000. YJP stuff gets pricey. :mcmadd:

#48 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:02 PM

paid $650 for a 1985 MACROSS VT-1 'Super Ostrich' 1:55 MISB in 1998

Posted Image
pic for reference.

sold it later for $1350 in 2003
wish i kept it.
:lol:

#49 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:00 AM

$200

2001 SDCC Exclusive He-Man #783 of 1000

#50 gilgar

gilgar

Supertzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2706 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:28 AM

should have mentioned my highest paid for a MUSCLE/kinniku-related toy...$135 for a Kinniku-Colosseum BIN on eBay
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com