• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#26 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Here's a close look at the Marvel ones: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_3571wt_1030

#27 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

I have a feeling those may be bootlegs. I just see this as being a toy line getting booted to death.

Posted Image

#28 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

they look similar to the Ben10 figs style.

#29 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

Here's a close look at the Marvel ones: http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_3571wt_1030

I hope when the line arrives to retail that all of the figures are not all cast in that translucent plastic.

#30 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

I hope when the line arrives to retail that all of the figures are not all cast in that translucent plastic.

They won't be. The clear figures are the "rare" figures.

#31 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

I like the translucent ones, and they are indeed reminiscent of the Ben 10 alien rocks (although those aren't hollow). I'll definitely keep an eye out for the "boys" squinkies - I can see myself getting quite a few of these!

#32 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:30 AM

Are Squinkies hollow? (rotocast) I had assumed they were just a very squishy plastic or rubber...foam of some kind.

Posted Image

#33 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:05 AM

Are Squinkies hollow? (rotocast) I had assumed they were just a very squishy plastic or rubber...foam of some kind.

They're squishy and rubbery. I think they have a hole in the bottom but I think that's for pencils. They're not completely hollow.

#34 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

Ah, my mistake - I've not actually held any Squinkies yet.

#35 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

I tried looking at some youtube reviews, but they don't hint towards them being hollow or not. Just that they can jam on top of pencils.

If they do the large 50+ packs for good prices I could justify buying them...then jamming them on top of pencils all around the house. :lol:

They seemed pretty cheap last year when they came out, but it seems they are attempting to cash in with a huge price hike due to their popularity.

Posted Image

#36 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

the few i have seen are partly hollow.

#37 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

Okay, I'm looking at some of my wife's Squinkies (I swear I do not have any of the girl ones for myself, haha). I can see where you might think some might be "hollow". There is a dog where the pencil hole goes all the way to the top of the figure and it feels hollow compared to the others where the pencil hole doesn't go through as far. She has two 16 packs and none of them are hollow or rotocast, they just have the pencil hole. That's not to say there aren't some out there that are, just that I'm betting the majority aren't as none of the 32 she has are.

#38 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

Found the Boys and Marvel 2 packs at TRU today. I bought nearly a full box of the Boys packs. There were 23 packs in there, probably 25 originally. Series 1, 2 & 3 are released at once. I believe we got them all except for 1 robot and 1 basketball guy. There are 14 different sculpts, each come in 3 colors. We got 12 doubles, but I also had 3 packs come from an online order today. So, 6 of those were probably the same. So far, I think they're alright. My kids like them more than I do. Maybe I'll warm up to them once they release playsets. If there are rare ones, we didn't get any. The Marvel ones have fewer figures available, they just come in regular colors and clear. I might pick up some of those later on.

Attached Files

Edited by Mr.Monster, 07 April 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#39 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

The soldiers and dino/aliens look pretty cool, but I don't care for the sports guys.

I plan on going hunting tomorrow, so if I can find these at TRU I'll give em a once over.

Posted Image

#40 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

I stepped on a squinkie and a pretzel at the same time the other day and I could have sworn it was a animal. Bizarre sensation and sound at the same time.

#41 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:02 PM

Yeah those soldier squinks are pretty cool, I figure I will have to buy some just to show support for LRG's but I am kinda underwhelmed.

#42 dummyshizzle

dummyshizzle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

I picked up some of the Marvel ones yesterday at TRU and I think they're awesome :no: I can't wait to get more!

Attached Files

#43 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

Picked up the Marvel Series 1 set at Target.
I am really dissapointed that the Marvel set is just a set of 12.
With series 2 being the same 12 in translucent plastic.

#44 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

So I bought two of these at TrU today, man my poor Wolverine had terrible paint apps. his one eye was especially heinous. Was also sad I didn't get any villains. I think they look so adorable.

#45 Er0k26

Er0k26

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

I got up this morning and went to Target looking for Cap figs, Pegs and prices but no figs to my dismay. :confused: I walked around for a sec and found these little guys Marvel Squinkies, super soft but I like them! Have you guys seem them before, whats there deal is it a game? Or are they just little collectables?

Attached Files

• Attached File  MS.JPG   487.84K   33 downloads

Edited by Er0k26, 15 May 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#46 dummyshizzle

dummyshizzle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

These are such great little toys!

-sorry, these pics are way too big! No idea how to fix it though :-(

Attached Files

Edited by dummyshizzle, 18 May 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#47 dummyshizzle

dummyshizzle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

I got up this morning and went to Target looking for Cap figs, Pegs and prices but no figs to my dismay. :confused: I walked around for a sec and found these little guys Marvel Squinkies, super soft but I like them! Have you guys seem them before, whats there deal is it a game? Or are they just little collectables?

Hi there, mostly these are just collectables but some of the newer ones for boys come with "battle dice" so you can play games with them too.

#48 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

I have never heard of these until I saw them on ebay. I loved them so have been 'watching' them for almost 2 months now.... duh....:wallbash:

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

#49 dummyshizzle

dummyshizzle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

I can't get enough of these for some reason:-D and they keep coming out with new ones all the time! I love it. They're usually cheaper at Walmart and Target though, versus ebay. Just fyi!

#50 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

Finally saw some at Target, though I haven't bought any (day before payday.. d'oh). I have to say I was liking them quite a bit in person though!

These are such great little toys!

-sorry, these pics are way too big! No idea how to fix it though :-(

My recommendation is to get IrfanView, a very basic (and very free) image editing program. Just open your gigantic pic, go to resize/resample and select the pixel size you want the pic to be. Unfortunately the program only works for Windows.. I've yet to find a similar program for Macs.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com