• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Half Shell Heroes. This is the TMNT line most similar to Playskool Heroes (Marvel, Transformers, etc) and Imaginext (DC, Spongebob, etc)...

The first wave/series has been out for about 6 months.  These are pictures from Toy Fair 2015 -- so I guess the line is doing well.  Some interesting figures coming up... Mutagen Man, Killer Cockroach, Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash, Squirrelanoid, Kirby Bat, etc.  Plus a subtheme called "Back In Time" coming in the fall.

Attached Files

#2 OldGamer84

OldGamer84

Do what now?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:LRGs!!

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

Lol @ the Segway.....

Don't tell my wife I bought more toys...

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

Those are sweet!

#4 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

I want Mutagen Man and Rat King.

#5 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

man i wish they made these 25 years ago with the old school turtles!!

#6 garsh

garsh

Removable armor for classic dino play!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Smaller figures with more articulation.

TMNT, Samus, Jabba the Hutt...

Dinosaurs and fantasy.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

When I first saw these last year I was super pumped at the prototypes, but when the production versions rolled out with weapons molded into their hands and interlocked legs, I went on the fence. Last night I finally picked up Leo and I have to admit, he's highly appealing in hand. I want to get the "Driver Leo" that comes with the shellraiser, with no katanas.

It was the cool new characters from Toy Fair and something about seeing them all together that finally pushed me to dip my toe.

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

I have been picking these up when I can, and I love them. They match up well with the imaginext figures. In fact, a lot of the imaginext figures, especially some of the monster like ones from the blind packs work really well as the sort of random bad guys that the turtles have had in the cartoons and comics. I am really looking forward the figures they have shown at Toy Fair. I think they ahve done a really nice job. This line feels as complete as the main line to a certain degree. Heck, they are getting a human Karai before the main line.

#8 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

I can't believe they even made the ape, and pigeon guys!
The son, and I will definitely be picking up some of these.
He already has a few, and they're great, because they do fit in so well with the Imaginext stuff.
I had been wondering when these would show up. Snakeweed was actually in the pic on the back of the first wave packaging.

#9 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, Snakeweed and Spider Bytez were both on the Wave 1 packaging -- but have yet to hit stores.   If I read their display correctly, the first tiered display is Wave 1 -- all of these figures are already out. I am thinking that the second tiered display (14 figures) is going to be Wave 2 and then the next tiered display is Wave 3, then Wave 4 as the "Back in Time" figures. 

Edited by steverotters, 08 August 2015 - 02:51 AM.

#10 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

Well, I guess they are going to release them slower than I was hoping.  Here are the press photos of the next wave. Let's hope the popularity is maintained long enough to see the release of ALL those figures!

Attached Files

#11 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:46 AM

Are these on the same scale as the TMNT Mini Mutants?

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#12 garsh

garsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Dinosaurs and fantasy.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

These are about 3 inches tall, pretty much exactly like Imaginext.

Attached a couple photos of Leo mingling with Imaginext for scale reference.

Attached Files

Edited by garsh, 23 February 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

Exhibitor talks about the figures and mutating vehicles:

#14 garsh

garsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Dinosaurs and fantasy.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

If I knew of a suitable body, I would be tempted to pop the head off that Karai and kitbash a custom for the "basic" TMNT series.

#15 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Well, I guess they are going to release them slower than I was hoping.  Here are the press photos of the next wave. Let's hope the popularity is maintained long enough to see the release of ALL those figures!

The new wave is out now. I picked up Stockman/Slash, Newtralizer/Tiger Claw, and Snakeweed/Spider Bites today at Target.

2b0415ea-c3d4-4ba3-b675-2f9b4555f615_zps

Edited by iwao, 25 February 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#16 garsh

garsh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Dinosaurs and fantasy.

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

I like that Slash way better than the full-sized one. Still don't care for the color, though. All of those are irresistable. Congrats, iwao!

#17 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

You can compare steverotters' pics to mine and see how many paint apps were dropped on the production figures. Disappointing, but expected at this point with TMNT stuff.

#18 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

The new wave is out now. I picked up Stockman/Slash, Newtralizer/Tiger Claw, and Snakeweed/Spider Bites today at Target.

I went to my nearest Target when I saw this, and.... nothing. 

Did your Target have those turtles with the training gear too?

#19 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Did your Target have those turtles with the training gear too?

No, and the back of the cards on these have pics of these new guys and the previous figures, nothing else new. The pegs seemed to be restocked with the first wave too, so these might be the only 3 new packs in the cases that are coming out now.

The same Target also had the series 2 3-packs of the Minecraft minis. Didn't buy those yet, but they look cool.

#20 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

I finally got these Half Shell Heroes Wave 2.  All TMNT figures were buy-one-get-one-50%-off at Target.   I went ahead and got two of the Snakeweed and Spider Bytez.  These are my two favorite figures in the whole line anyway.  Great to see them packed together.  I took photos of them with their signature toyline counterparts. I know it is not congruent with the franchise, but I like to think of these as a troop or tribe of mutant spiders and plants. 

By the way, the larger figures are still currently available, despite Snakeweed being one of the first figures introduced in 2012. As far as I can tell, none of the figures (at least the mutant villains) have been retired. 

Attached Files

#21 spacefrog

spacefrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

Will definitely be getting this next wave. It's always a big "?" to when they will rock up in Aus though

#22 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

Target has the dojo training Turtles sets now. I saw the Leo, Raph and Mikey ones. I think they had some other new vehicle sets too. I hope they don't take long to get to the next wave of other characters. The first figures in this wave came out like 6 months ago.

#23 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:45 AM

agh I hadn't been paying attention to these, but that Newrtalizer figure is awesome! Slash is pretty cool too...of course they'd be in different packs  :rolleyes:

#24 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

I NEED that Newtralizer bad!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#25 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:01 PM

I've been collecting these since day 1 and I love em, but the paint apps are soooo bad and the joints get loose real quick. I think I'm gonna break down and buy a set for myself just so I can have a presentable set that hasn't been ruined by rough kids.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TMNT, Toy Fair, Playmates, Playskool, Imaginext

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com