#1 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

http://www.lasershie...limitedrun.com/

Attached Files

Edited by lord, 20 August 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#2 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Huh. I recently helped to create new shields & emblems for the 12 lower Laserbeasts, but have been waiting to unveil them. Did someone beat us to it?

#3 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Wow that is cool!

#4 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

wave1a.jpg

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#5 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well, shit.

shield-group2-small.jpg

These aren't on repro shields, but will be very affordable whenever they become available. Shame you beat us to it.

#6 alexveriotti

alexveriotti

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Excellent work to both sides. 

Coel.. Those stickers look very familiar, i feel like while bumbling about on google a few weeks ago I came across some images of your shields.  Were you advertising them aleady?

So who's making shields for the late lasers... ?

#7 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Excellent work to both sides. 

Coel.. Those stickers look very familiar, i feel like while bumbling about on google a few weeks ago I came across some images of your shields.  Were you advertising them aleady?

The images might like familiar as they were taken at the same time and in the same location as the photos in my Beast Saga sticker thread. Coel and I have been working on this project for quite a while, but these haven't been posted anywhere until now. We do already have a few sets ready to sell if anyone is interested. More info will be posted soon. :thumbsup:

#8 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

I did post a contact sheet on my blog - it's linked from my sig, so maybe that's it?

I was planning on doing the late lasers, but we'll see now.

#9 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

Nice work Coelocanth  :)

On my side I am planning to do 36x shields on total (12x vintage ones reissued + 12x lower ones and 12x for the last ones)

In addition I am doing also 9x sleds with all new colors.

All are made in real plastic + real stickers applied, exactly as the vintage ones.

Reissued ones are already available right now (Puzzlecolor & Sea Panic's ones are comming soon)

The next ones will are ready for sale in 2/3 weeks :)

My preview AD:

ad.jpg

ad2.jpg

Edited by tokyonever, 28 June 2013 - 02:36 AM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#10 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Do you guys have links and prices anywhere?  Both look awesome, great work guys. 

#11 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

Thanks mca19 ;)

On my side I have a webshop coming, it will be opened in the next 3 weeks now and I will give you the link when all will be in place.

Collectors will can order what they want directly on it, paying by Paypal or by credit card.

A little teaser:

ad3.jpg

For now I have some repros listed on the Bay for the collectors interested (Puzzlecolor & Sea Panic's ones are comming soon), in very few quantities because they are some Samples I got from the factory with which I am working on this project.

The website's prices will be lower than the Bay's ones (because removing the fees), something like $44 each "Exclusive" ones and $19 each "Regular" ones /free worldwide shipping.

and by sets: $239 for the full "Exclusives" set (6x shields) and $89 for the full "Regulars" set (6x shields) /free worldwide shipping.

About the NEW "lower" shields wave now, they will be sold by sets of 6x shields (2 sets on total), each set will be costing $89 on the website, it is doing $15 by shield/ Free worldwide shipping. 

I selected the silver color for them in homage of the vintage silver BB's weapons and to keep the "vintage spirit" of the line preserved.

In the next 2 months a first wave of 3x all new exclusive sleds will be also available:

-"Blue Drill" colors version (blue/white)

-"Prototype charriots" colors version (red/yellow)

and...-"Decepticon" colors version (violet/grey)

Prices of them are not fixed yet.

They will be sold by set of 3x to be added with the "lower" shields sets.

After that I will tease the wave of the 12x last shields + more exclusive sleds to come with them also ;)

Bonus: a little teaser of the #111 Salmonanther's sticker/emblem just for you:

ad4.jpg

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#12 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

These aren't on repro shields, but will be very affordable whenever they become available. Shame you beat us to it.

I like these images much better.

If Bach is in on this that's an added bonus as I've already seen first-hand what the man can do.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#13 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Thanks man. It is unfortunate to have put so much work into this project, only to see it done as well by someone else. I can't imagine there will be room for two new shield sets in most collections.

But @tokyonever has obviously done some quality work and stayed true to the design motifs of the original shields (I branched out a bit).

We toyed with the idea of creating repro shields, but it was cost prohibitive for us (and by extension, perhaps other collectors). Plus - I like the extra surface area that these provided, giving a little more room for art.

#14 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

We have to see the positive thing at my eyes Coelocanth: we are now (or soon) offering two different ways to collectors to complete their collections.

I am sure some collectors will be prefering your versions than mines and vice versa and it is great to have the choice between two different styles of shields.

Again you did a great job and I am happy to discover your own project.

I can also confirm your words, it is a lot of work (and money lol) to release this kind of projects.

Long life to Battle/Laser Beasts ;)

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

On my side I have a webshop coming, it will be opened in the next 3 weeks now and I will give you the link when all will be in place.

Collectors will can order what they want directly on it, paying by Paypal or by credit card.

A little teaser:

ad3.jpg

The website's prices will be lower than the Bay's ones (because removing the fees), something like $44 each "Exclusive" ones and $19 each "Regular" ones /free worldwide shipping.

and by sets: $239 for the full "Exclusives" set (6x shields) and $89 for the full "Regulars" set (6x shields) /free worldwide shipping.

ad4.jpg

Man, it looks like you've got a quality operation in the works and are set to produce some nice accessories. I particularly like the idea of custom sled colors, (especially the Decepticon theme) and think that having a reliable source for repro vintage shields and sleds will be a nice benefit to the community of Beastformers collectors.  :thumbsup: 

Honestly though I'm curious about your decision to charge so much more for the 'exclusive' shield reproductions. I know that TGB prices his shields similarly (though I believe your prices undercut his by a bit) but from a practical perspective it doesn't really seem necessary beyond a desire to make them an exclusive reproduction (which is kind of an oxymoronic concept).

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the exclusivity of the 6 Euro shields makes the originals more valuable and thus the idea follows to charge more for them, but since you have the moldings to create reproductions of them at the same expense/distribution rate as the others, why not do it?, if you leveled the pricing for the vintage shields (or at least closed the gap a little bit) you'd open up your market to sell more in the end without any increase in your overall expense. Obviously just my $.02 on the subject, but $90 for a set of 6 shields is a lot easier to swallow than $240  :)

If Bach is in on this that's an added bonus as I've already seen first-hand what the man can do.

Thanks for the compliment Draz, but I can't lay any claim for the designs. Coel is responsible for all the concepts and illustrations being as he can draw like a BAWS, unlike myself  I pretty much just handled the mechanical side of things regarding selecting and modifying the plastics.

Regarding pricing for our shields, we recognized that many people may only have certain figures and we want to make these accessible, so our shields will be available to LRG members for $4 each, or a full set of 12 for $40. 

#16 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Both are awesome designs and I think there will be a market for both, maybe even for the same figure.  I mean why protect one side of the beast when you can cover the front and back with a dual shield....

Like Bachamn, I'm interested to see the sleds.  That seems like a unique idea that I personally haven't seen before.  With the shields, I think they are both great designs and I'm sure both took a lot of work.  Hope they sell well for you. 

#17 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Fing Awesome!  All I can say is wow you guys both did a great job. 

#18 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Regarding pricing for our shields, we recognized that many people may only have certain figures and we want to make these accessible, so our shields will be available to LRG members for $4 each, or a full set of 12 for $40. 

I'm throwing money so hard at my computer screen that it is starting to crack. WHERE ARE MY SHIELDS!?

Even if you didn't do the artwork, I still know that you know your way around creating custom stuff and I'm still 100% confident they'll be awesome.

Being one of the few people who doesn't spend outrageous sums of money for original pieces, I am eternally grateful for this opportunity to have things I otherwise never would have had in my collection. Naysayers be damned!

Bach and Coelocanth, you guys have my money for those shields.

But Tokyo, you've got my dough for them sleds. (Especially the Decepticon one. I'm a die-hard decepticon fan!)

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#19 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Man, it looks like you've got a quality operation in the works and are set to produce some nice accessories. I particularly like the idea of custom sled colors, (especially the Decepticon theme) and think that having a reliable source for repro vintage shields and sleds will be a nice benefit to the community of Beastformers collectors.  :thumbsup:

Honestly though I'm curious about your decision to charge so much more for the 'exclusive' shield reproductions. I know that TGB prices his shields similarly (though I believe your prices undercut his by a bit) but from a practical perspective it doesn't really seem necessary beyond a desire to make them an exclusive reproduction (which is kind of an oxymoronic concept).

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the exclusivity of the 6 Euro shields makes the originals more valuable and thus the idea follows to charge more for them, but since you have the moldings to create reproductions of them at the same expense/distribution rate as the others, why not do it?, if you leveled the pricing for the vintage shields (or at least closed the gap a little bit) you'd open up your market to sell more in the end without any increase in your overall expense. Obviously just my $.02 on the subject, but $90 for a set of 6 shields is a lot easier to swallow than $240  :)

Thx for your message Bachamn.

It was difficult for me to fix the prices because on a side I do not need to break the market value of the vintage ones when you know that only one is going for between $300/500, and on the other side I am working like I was saying with a real factory and I spent more than $4000 just for the costage of the molds (Adding the shipping costage to my home, custom's fees, mass production prices, stickers price etc, you can imagine how much I spent on total... a lot lol).

To have items made in real plastic you have to release a HQ steel mold and it is costing a large amount, I really wanted to use the best material as possible to have the best quality results, close as possible to the vintage items.

I am just speaking about the shields because I also spent in parralel a lot in the sleds production.

The last thing is that I am shipping from France (sometimes from Japan when I am travelling) and I wanted to include Free worldwide shipping in my prices, by example when I am selling a repros at $44, $12 around are going in the shipping costage and Paypal's fees + shipping material, finally I am just winning $32 around for an exclusive Repro :)

I just had to find the best way possible to have my money back keeping reasonable prices as possible, but you right, I will reduce a little my price on the Exclusive set, I have to think a little about that and I will let you know ;)

About the "Decepticon" sled, an additional little sticker will be added on a side with the Decepticon sensitive amblem.

I can tease for now a CAD drawing to show you the work in progress (molds are not finalized yet):

DW1.jpg

Edited by tokyonever, 28 June 2013 - 10:31 AM.

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#20 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Frickin' WOW! I have a TGB set of Euro shields which are cool, but I gotta get some of these too. GREAT WORK! :)

#21 vaal

vaal

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, M.U.S.C.L.E, MOTUC, Vintage MOTU, Vintage Star Wars, TOS Star Trek

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

This is super exciting! :woot:

Will you eventually repro a sled in the original purple w/orange wheels color scheme?

#22 tokyonever

tokyonever

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

This is super exciting! :woot:

Will you eventually repro a sled in the original purple w/orange wheels color scheme?

Hi Vaal, I have not planned to do repro colors schemes of the vintage sleds.

If I have many demands for them  in the future I will think about doing something but for now I prefer to offer exclusive colors only :)

laserban.jpg

blogbann.jpg

#23 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

This is serious business. I am even more amazed.

#24 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Wow both are truly AMAZING shield sets!!! Kudo's to both, You should be both very proud, but unfortunately right now my collecting comes down to Dollar's and Cent's, so me being the impatient person for ALL BB/LB's collectable's bachamn put me down for a set of 12 please. Just PM me when you want my money!!!

1) eightystoynut

#25 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for the support everyone! To keep things organized, I've created a new thread for our project over here: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=169391

You can place and your orders there and keep updated about project status. :thumbsup:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com