59 replies to this topic

#26 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

the thing is, we didnt know each other for years down the road... it was just a very cool coincidence.

I thought this was a very cool story as well B) I mean what are the chances right? So did you end up getting them back? That makes a pretty strong case for getting the beasts back. I hope your friend gave you back your childhood. Great story though :D

#27 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Good tales! I like it.

How about adding collection pics to the forum? We gotta show off our goodies, yo.

#28 MindlessFocus

MindlessFocus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Glyos, and Other Little Rubber Guys. Oh, and Geocaching!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

nah. i think he still has them. the thing is, we really PLAYED with these as a kid. they were in really bad shape. some even had arms from other beasts stuck on them. all of mine are near mint without any wear and with rubs and weapons (mostly. a few are still missing weapons). those were far from that.
[This space for rent. Enquire within.]

#29 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

Real BATTLE beasts... savages. Nice. ;)

#30 oj2002

oj2002

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

I still love these!

#31 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Anyone else??? I want to see more collection pics, etc.

#32 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Now, it's 2010, and ULTIMATELY, I went to Botcon in Orlando, and found a few suppliers of Battle Beasts (among the typical Transformers stuff, Japanese Transformers, and GO-BOTS... GO-BOTS, PEOPLE!!!), and bought Pew-trid Skunk (Always wanted him; he looked SO cool!) and Wolfgang Walrus (out of whim, but I'm happy I bought him... what?! I liked walruses as a kid), as well as my first Laser Beast; complete with gun and orb (Shool, the centipede Laser Beast)... but to my dismay, I realized that my two remaining beasts from before were gone (I MAY have chucked them out, out of depression after moving... oops).

Long story short, I went onto eBay, and Bought the Orangutan, and the Anteater... I'm a low-level collector, but I want to expand my collection ONCE I graduate from my university, get a certificate (for my field I'm going in), and a job soon after that. I DO want to expand my collection, but money (or 'funds' as I call 'em, lol) is kinda low, atm.

Well, going to Megacon, I stumbled across a dealer who had a small handful of BB's, but most were dirty, and the ones on the bottom were armless. I got Delta Chameleon with Series 3 rubsign (Wood), and... Japanese Laserbeast Tigerburn (appropriately, Fire)!!! I got them for $19 (He originally asked for $25, but I told him that there was some paint wear, and Tigerburn had flecks of white paint on his helmet and shoulder, I offered 19, and he took the bait.)

They both have both their arms, although I can't help but feel that Tigerburn's paint feels a bit too slick (unless that particular kind of paint used on his armor was supposed to be like that).

EDIT: Still cleaning them out with rubbing alcohol (Tigerburn also requires a toothpick to clean the grime in those fancy bevels in his armor), but I noticed that the armor on Delta Chameleon's right arm is a slightly darker blue than the rest of his armor... maybe I've discovered the possibility a new variant (The possibility of a Delta Chameleon with a slightly darker blue armor... maybe not, since others had DRAMATIC color variances)?

Edited by GammaJetpunch, 27 March 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#33 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Toys!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Here's my collection so far...

Posted Image

As you can see I haven't had much luck with the LB line. I've picked up a few here and there. I've got that ebay "outbid at the last minute" disease. :rolleyes:

If anyone knows a good and decently cheap way for me to get my LB collection up to speed, please let me know!!
Need action figures and parts? I might have it!

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

#34 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

Here's my collection so far...

*deleted AWESOME collection.jpg*

As you can see I haven't had much luck with the LB line. I've picked up a few here and there. I've got that ebay "outbid at the last minute" disease. :rolleyes:

If anyone knows a good and decently cheap way for me to get my LB collection up to speed, please let me know!!

Go to conventions, find the dealers with LOADS of toys, in boxes, in bins, and on walls. That's how I got Shool, and Tigerburn (at Botcon and Megacon, respectfully), and find ways for getting decent prices (Shool was $37 because he was MNB, and Tigerburn I got for approx $9 while I dug in the guy's glass case for figs that were relatively clean, and HAD both arms.)

#35 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

I'll have to do that!

I usually go to toy shows when I can, but i hardly even see regular BBs much less LBs. It makes sense that a more focused con like a botcon would have stuff like that. I keep forgetting that BBs came from Transformers!

I've been pretty lucky with the ones I found though. None of them cost me more than $15.

I actually found 2 on this website...

http://ronsrescuedtr...k=battle beasts

Look at those prices!!

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

#36 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

Oh, what is "YJP"?

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

#37 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

Yahoo Japan. It's a little involved to bit there. you'll need a service. That's the direct way to get LBs. You won't find any in the stats at good prices unless you network here like a madman. Remember, most LB's were never released in the USA, therefore no granny will have some at a yard sale, etc. Expect to pay top $$$. Save searches on ebay, keep bidding, and bit high in the last minute.

I paid a lot, and waited years for certain pieces to show up on the internet market/forum. Save yourself an allowance (say $100 per month)that is only for LB's. Then every month or two you can pick on up. I did this for quite some time until I got all 112 and the premiums.

Drills and euro shields are another story... sigh. Someday? Probably never.

#38 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Despite selling nearly all of my toy collections (including my unopened Battle Beasts), I've decided to keep my loose Battle Beasts set. They're compact, easy to display, and I love these guys!!

Edited by CuttleFishforsale, 02 April 2011 - 08:39 AM.

#39 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

I'm a huge fan, falling between hardcore collector and casual. I'm almost done with having the first 76, then need to hunt down all their weapons. Then it's on to getting the two bases I'm missing and the LBs. I have been very slow on collecting recently since all my extra money goes into my store.

#40 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

I don't know if you guys saw it, but l.designs has a pretty awesome custom Battle Beast for sale.

#41 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

Im all about Battle Beasts, I am in no rush to complete my set tho. I like my figgies minty fresh.:)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

That's a badass custom!

#43 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

The suggestion has been made that I do a giveaway to the person who can correctly guess the figures used to make that Cthulhu.

I might just do that... I will tell you there are 2 M.U.S.C.L.E. & 3 Battle Beasts used in the making. I would suggest not making guesses in the open because it might happen there or here

#44 Feegag26

Feegag26

Dirty douchbag!

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Men

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

i have lasers 77-112 loose i think 3 dont have weapons i also have in the box #100,103,104,106,110,112 was going to get the rest of them from a guy but i an out of money and he ran out of patience cant blame the guy but it wouldve been great to have them all but i am very happy with my collection and i'll save some more money and hopfully find someone who has the rest of them in a box and can restart my collection to all the new guys this is my 2nd year collecting thse wonderful toys but the only advice i can give you is be patient i over payed for all my loose ones because i wanted them so badly just be patient and good things will come
I was banned. Read about it here.

#45 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

JP they are currently popular with me ! :D

After talking with many members here, a few vets may have dropped off but the rest are still kicking.

#46 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hooray!! :)

#47 laserbeast

laserbeast

Beyond Budding

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

I picked up collecting these in '03 based on how much I enjoyed them as a kid. I own one full set of 1 - 112 and except for about half of the regular battle beasts are all MIB/MIP, along with all bases and vehicles MIB, clear gator/carp, striped carp, and one stone cobra. Most of which are stored away in hard plastic cases, still kick myself for not getting photos before doing so because I have absolutely no desire to unpack all of it to get photos haha. Was going for a second set but prices for the laser beasts nowadays killed that idea pretty fast. Since finishing these I still buy/sell doubles and what not on ebay every now and then. Now I'm trying for a full MUSCLE collection but not as hardcore as I was into BB/LB, but I see that taking a lot longer....

#48 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

Wow. You need to make a display and take pics!! Sounds awesome.

#49 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

Just got series I SDs all painted up... four more to go Squirrel, Tiger, Koala, and Zebra. I might take a little break! (more pics are in my thread). Enjoy!

Posted Image

#50 Edrixx

Edrixx

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

Just got series I SDs all painted up... four more to go Squirrel, Tiger, Koala, and Zebra. I might take a little break! (more pics are in my thread). Enjoy!

Posted Image

That's pretty darn sick!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com