• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:55 PM

I just got an email with some informative info. Spinmaster is going to release a Wave 2 of the first series before Series 2. Included will be the 6 guys not available yet (2,7,10,16,18,22), possibly the 3 secret area guys (Cutter, Shriek & Savage) and finally, Xar (yep, he's not out yet). Many of the figures already relelased will not be available in the second wave. Also, the arenas are apparently backordered, sorry guys (I will get pictures up tomorrow, though).

#2 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:22 PM

Argh, if I knew Xar wasn't available yet, I'd have held off on buying extra packs. ;) And what's with the stadium being backordered? Wouldn't it have to be available in the first place for it to go on backorder? Thanks for the info though.

Edited by Zombie, 26 March 2005 - 02:24 PM.

#3 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:28 PM

Well, I think he placed an order and the shipment has been delayed. Maybe "backorder" wasn't a good term to use.

#4 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:34 PM

Haha, oh, I thought you were getting this info directly from Moose or Spinmaster, but it sounds like you are talking to a retailer. I wasn't trying to nitpick your use of the word backordered, it just annoys me when companies have products I want, then take forever to get on the ball and release them.

#5 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:39 PM

When does it ccome out?And will it be in different packaging?

#6 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:36 AM

I just got an email with some informative info. Spinmaster is going to release a Wave 2 of the first series before Series 2. Included will be the 6 guys not available yet (2,7,10,16,18,22), possibly the 3 secret area guys (Cutter, Shriek & Savage) and finally, Xar (yep, he's not out yet). Many of the figures already relelased will not be available in the second wave. Also, the arenas are apparently backordered, sorry guys (I will get pictures up tomorrow, though).

Awesome, keep us informed if you get any more emails.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#7 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:36 PM

I don't expect anyone here to believe a newbie, but Xar is out there. I got him in one of the first packs I bought in November. It's hand numbered on one foot (mine is 19/1000). It's double sided with values of 10 and 15. I'll take a crack at posting pics tonight.

I'm very pumped to find a forum for FoP!

#8 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:42 PM

I don't expect anyone here to believe a newbie, but Xar is out there.  I got him in one of the first packs I bought in November.  It's hand numbered on one foot (mine is 19/1000).  It's double sided with values of 10 and 15.  I'll take a crack at posting pics tonight.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Did you get him in a 5 pack or a 2 pack? What city did you purchase him in? Do you remember what other figures were included? (it probably doesn't matter, but we seem to have confirmed that 5 packs aren't totally random, so it'd be interesting to see if Xar is random or if he will appear with the same characters.)

#9 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

I don't expect anyone here to believe a newbie, but Xar is out there.  I got him in one of the first packs I bought in November.  It's hand numbered on one foot (mine is 19/1000).  It's double sided with values of 10 and 15.  I'll take a crack at posting pics tonight.

Wow, that's pretty cool. Did you get him in a 5 pack or a 2 pack? What city did you purchase him in? Do you remember what other figures were included? (it probably doesn't matter, but we seem to have confirmed that 5 packs aren't totally random, so it'd be interesting to see if Xar is random or if he will appear with the same characters.)

It was a 5 pack. One of the yellow blister ones that first came out. I bought a couple packs for my kids who wanted to have the Heroscape guys. I didn't even pay attention to the rarities. Then out popped the gold guy and I thought I better keep that one. Got hooked after that!

I know the"army guy" Barrage was in front. Both packs I first bought had him.

I'm from Phoenix

#10 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:02 PM

It was a 5 pack.  One of the yellow blister ones that first came out.  I bought a couple packs for my kids who wanted to have the Heroscape guys.  I didn't even pay attention to the rarities.  Then out popped the gold guy and I thought I better keep that one.  Got hooked after that!

I know the"army guy" Barrage was in front.  Both packs I first bought had him.

I'm from Phoenix

Ah, that is very interesting. I think Phoenix was the test market or intro market or whatever for FOP, since Phoenix was the only city having events back in November. It doesn't seem like FOP was released anywhere else in the US until February. (Though I may be mistaken, of course.) Also, the only place people have been getting yellow packs seems to be Amazon.com. What store did you purchase yours from? Since there are 1000 Xars per country that FOP is being released in, does your Xar have any identifying marks that he is #19, US version?

#11 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:20 PM

Also interesting that Barrage was the figure in the front. A few of us have gotten ultra-rares with him. The only one I've gotten from opening a pack was the one with Barrage....

#12 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:24 PM

Also interesting that Barrage was the figure in the front. A few of us have gotten ultra-rares with him. The only one I've gotten from opening a pack was the one with Barrage....

I forgot about that. I got my only Ultra-Rare, Spidok, in a Barrage pack as well.

#13 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:30 PM

I forgot about that. I got my only Ultra-Rare, Spidok, in a Barrage pack as well.

I got hisss in that one though my hisss is groriki's now.

Edited by The Monkey King, 28 March 2005 - 02:52 PM.

#14 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:37 PM

That explains the yellow packaging from amazon thats the old version

#15 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:41 PM

I don't expect anyone here to believe a newbie, but Xar is out there. I got him in one of the first packs I bought in November. It's hand numbered on one foot (mine is 19/1000). It's double sided with values of 10 and 15. I'll take a crack at posting pics tonight.

you should check out the double thread .

#16 Roweiser

Roweiser

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:12 PM

It was a 5 pack.  One of the yellow blister ones that first came out.  I bought a couple packs for my kids who wanted to have the Heroscape guys.  I didn't even pay attention to the rarities.  Then out popped the gold guy and I thought I better keep that one.  Got hooked after that!

I know the"army guy" Barrage was in front.  Both packs I first bought had him.

I'm from Phoenix

Ah, that is very interesting. I think Phoenix was the test market or intro market or whatever for FOP, since Phoenix was the only city having events back in November. It doesn't seem like FOP was released anywhere else in the US until February. (Though I may be mistaken, of course.) Also, the only place people have been getting yellow packs seems to be Amazon.com. What store did you purchase yours from? Since there are 1000 Xars per country that FOP is being released in, does your Xar have any identifying marks that he is #19, US version?

I got it at TRU, which had a few packs, but a KB outlet had literally dozens of them. They're long since gone, so somebody's buying 'em. I saw a few yellow packs at a different TRU recently. I pretty much stopped buying packs and hoped to fill out my list via ebay or trade. Looks like this is the place!

Also, no country identifying marks that I can see. However, there are blue circles on the wings. Maybe different colors for different countries??

#17 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:33 PM

i also got spidok with barrage
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#18 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

I can't wait to see those pics

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com