Killer find Frank!

#27 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

Could not have happened to a more deserving collector!

My thoughts exactly.

Congrats, man!

Too bad I didn't buy up all your spare mimp! Haha!

#28 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

Glad to see it went to such a great guy. Gratz buddy.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#29 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Wow, amazing find, congratulations. Although as stated, the fact that two different styles have now been found does throw some doubt on whether both are authentic.

I was initially skeptical about the first one, but I scrutized the photos and Nik's story/manner the best I could - and came to the conclusion that it was genuine. However the star design on second one does look more difficult to fake, and more like the illustration on the old promotional leaflet. But on the other hand, the original leaflet described the star as being "branded" onto the back, which fits the look of the first one more. So who knows, perhaps they are both genuine, with all the MIMP color variants and packaging differences around the world there was certainly a lot of variation in the production processes.

#30 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

Holy crap, so stoked for you Frank! That is a killer figure to have, and really couldn't have gone to a more deserving collector.
It does bring into question the legitimacy of the other Jotun star monster we saw last year.. But its probably a good thing.
I have no question in my mind now that this is what it's supposed to look like. The other one did kinda look off..
It looks like they just plugged the star cavity with the 20 pt decal on the standard one, it has a funny flat edge surrounding the encircled 20 pts that looks a bit unusual.. Now its clear why. Congrats bud!!

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#31 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

Will Nik comment in this thread I wonder? Or Fede come to think of it?

Edited by bigburty, 21 March 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#32 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:01 AM

Wow, just when you think you've seen it all! I can't believe the amount of surprises & mysteries MIMP collecting keeps throwing up after all these years!
I'm jealous as hell but at least it belongs to you through luck & not the pinheaded amount of money you're prepared to spend. Congrats!

#33 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

i think we really all have to check our duplicates Jotun Trolls !!

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#34 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

at least it belongs to you through luck & not the pinheaded amount of money you're prepared to spend

very salient point here. Really cool that you found this, congrats Frank.

#35 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

Well deserved Frank. Cool story on how you found it. Crazy you never noticed it. I want to think the other one is real as well. I guess no one will really know for sure.

#36 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

One thing I would like to point out about the two star monsters is the consistency in color; purple and Neon purple. I dont think that it is outside of the realm of possibility that both figures are legit. As stated earlier in this thread by Dixiebull; a lot of things can happen when you have gaps in productions such as the loss or destruction of the original mold/brand which could require a snap solution to keep things on schedule. Knowing that the NP figures were produced some time after the original color run does give that theory some credibility. Schedules are everything in the production world and decisions have to be made quickly. Missing a production deadline over a simple fix is not an option. Also, the consistency in color of the two figures lends to some of the other consistency we have seen in pack contents between standard and neon mimp. I do have my own suspicions over the other monster, given the unusual behavior of the original sellers posts; but I think it is reasonable to withhold judgement for the time being. Although admittedly it does look questionable. 

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#37 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

One thing I would like to point out about the two star monsters is the consistency in color; purple and Neon purple. 

Yeah, I'm really curious if they put the stars on any other color Trolls. They might have chosen to put it on purple ones because the star would probably be more noticeable than on yellow or neon yellow ones. Who knows, though. It will be interesting to see if any others are found. If so, hopefully it won't take another couple decades! 

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#38 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

Man, greatest find ever! Congrats on that FKRO!  I would love to find one of these for the 20+ upvotes alone!  That's gotta be some kind of record!  

I am very curious though -- especially since you were a very active participant in the discussion about the one found last November -- when that news came out, why didn't you go and check all your duplicates back then?  Man, if I had even a single Jotun Troll I would have dropped everything and checked that sucker out the minute the initial discovery was announced!

Also, I am curious as to how you are going to store it or display it since you have said that you don't want to sell it!

Keep up the great finds!

Edited by steverotters, 21 March 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#39 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

I am very curious though -- especially since you were a very active participant in the discussion about the one found last November -- when that news came out, why didn't you go and check all your duplicates back then?  Man, if I had even a single Jotun Troll I would have dropped everything and checked that sucker out the minute the initial discovery was announced!

I checked all of mine the next day lol!

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#40 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

Man, greatest find ever! Congrats on that FKRO!  I would love to find one of these for the 20+ upvotes alone!  That's gotta be some kind of record!  

Also, I am curious as to how you are going to store it or display it since you have said that you don't want to sell it!

Keep up the great finds!

Thanks!

Well, I wash all figures I get in before they get either stored or displayed, so I guess I figured going through that process there's no way I could have missed something like that. I still can't believe that I did somehow. 

Not sure yet about displaying. Have to think about it!

#41 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

I checked all of mine the next day lol!

Exactly!  I figured that's what everyone would have done!  There was even someone listing a MIMP lot on here that had one purple Jotun Troll in it, and I was like "You better check the back of the Jotun Troll, buddy"  LOL

I bet they're all getting checked and double-checked from now on! :)

#42 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

Not sure yet about displaying. Have to think about it!

back in the closet.  you don't want to inflate his ego!

#43 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

Damn feel sorry for the fella that purchased that last one that sprung up on here, they look nothing alike. Damn
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#44 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

I wouldn't feel tooooooo bad.....

#45 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

Monumental find dude, I would like to see a comparison photo.

#46 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

Monumental find dude, I would like to see a comparison photo.

I have a comparison pic with a normal Troll up in the original post. Or do you mean a comparison with the other Star Monster that was posted before?

#47 ALieN

ALieN

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Monster in My Pocket
    Alien figures/action figures
    Dylan Dog
    Horror Blu Ray & DVD

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

Congrats man, nice hit!!

I'm very envious for your Star JT, I admit it  :p

ChestBurster.gif

#48 80schild

80schild

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
    OMFG
    RC-CARS

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

I have a comparison pic with a normal Troll up in the original post. Or do you mean a comparison with the other Star Monster that was posted before?

Yes sorry bud, I should of been more specific. I was hoping Fede would post some clear pics of his to compare with yours.

#49 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

The pics on the old star monster thread are pretty clear...

#50 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

Appears someone have to do it...
Attached File  post-4279-0-10937500-1426878554_thumb.jpg   31.69K   13 downloads

The niks file... it says youre not allowed to update this kind of file :angry:
Here...
http://www.littlerub...attach_id=67346

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com