#1 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

MONSTER IN MY POCKET - UNRELEASED ITEMS

Attached File  preview1.jpg   229.84K   127 downloadsAttached File  preview2.jpg   201.86K   142 downloadsAttached File  preview3.jpg   279.84K   119 downloadsAttached File  preview4.jpg   301.73K   58 downloads

(n.b. images above are just small previews, images in zip pack are much larger)

DOWNLOAD LINK
JPG 600dpi zip pack - 46.5mb (unzipped size)
MediaFire - http://www.mediafire...punreleased.zip

Here's some unedited 600dpi scans relating to unreleased MIMP items I thought people might be interested to see. Feel free to reupload/repost/whatever. Pack includes:

-Monster Head Carry Case - prototype photo with description from matchbox 1991 collector's edition catalog

-Haunted Mansion Playset (AKA Haunted House Playset) - 2 prototype photos with description from matchbox 1992 catalog

-Bash Tchelik - simplified artwork from comic #3 poster

-The Electronic Monster - text mention from comic #2 article

If anyone has any more pictures relating to unreleased MIMP items please share. Particularly if it relates to Bash Tchelik or The Electronic Monster since we know so little about them or what was planned.

------------------------

Also, I'd like to again take this opportunity to ask:

Please can anyone here provide HIGH QUALITY scans or photos of the Nabisco cereal box with the MIMP Series 3 promo on the back?
(i.e. big enough to allow ALL the text to be read)

Attached File  box1.jpg   68.96K   47 downloadsAttached File  box2.jpg   90.79K   37 downloads

Edited by theassassin, 03 July 2016 - 02:45 PM.

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Those are great pics. I always wanted a Haunted Mansion, shame it never was released. 

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:toys, toy design, scultping, inventing

Posted 03 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

Good stuff. In college we had catalogs dating back to the late 70's of dealer catalogs from every single toy maker. I used to take pics of all the obscure lines that had limited releases or just didn't make the cut. Love toy archaeology.

I still don't know why MEG hasn't done anything in North America in the past few years with MIMP. JustPlay toys distributes their Puppy in my Pocket line, not sure why they don't take the leap and do MIMP.

#4 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

Awesome pic of the mansion. Up until now, all I've ever seen was the drawing of it. I'm always looking for cool haunted house playsets. It's a shame this was never released.

#5 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

Here's the (simplified) artwork for the Haunted House playset (not called "Mansion" here) from the MIMP packaging. This is not my scan, hence the low quality:

Attached File  hauntedhouse.JPG   246.96K   9 downloads

If you look closely you can see The Monster, Hobgoblin and Harpy in the bottom right corner. Perhaps they were going to be included?

This is of course contrary to the prototype photos and description from the 1992 catalogue, as that said it will come with 2 "Super Scary" monsters (so presumably from series 4).

#6 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for posting these! 

Wasn't there a photo floating around somewhere from when they were going to do a re-release of the Series 1 sculpts, which never happened? I remember seeing it somewhere.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#7 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:29 AM

Yeah thanks for showing these assassin. I myself always wondered what this haunted house looked like in real-life. That scan you showed us was only ever printed on the back of the SUPER SCARY boxed sets. I don't recall ever seeing this ad on first or second series MIMP packaging.

#8 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

what about the castle that could be seen at the back of serie 2's 4 packs ?

Attached File  e9b58ddeb15c2392a274487dbb305bf4f6645857.jpg   94.06K   31 downloads

Attached File  9a314c5133272b94946f25896aa31ea53aac0a9a.jpg   97.78K   35 downloads

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#9 theassassin

theassassin

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Interesting, thanks trumanshower. I've never heard of or seen the castle display before. Anyone got any more info/pics on this?

Edited by theassassin, 12 July 2016 - 01:12 PM.

#10 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:06 AM

Interesting, thanks trumanshower. I've never heard of or seen the castle display before. Anyone got any more info/pics on this?

So there's another castle to look out for now? :o

Maybe that one's just for Series 2 figures. Although going by that pic, it can accommodate a MIMP from any series. Because I've never bought a Series 2 4-Pack before, I wouldn't have known about that other castle. Seems like they tried to do same thing as before with Series 1 figures. God knows why Matchbox decided to do this, pretty pointless considering there's 12 and 24 packs out there.

Good find either way, please share more pics or info if you can truman! :thumbsup:

#11 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:42 AM

http://donwazejewski.artweb.com/

This site has alot of Paintings and concept artwork on the Mimp series. A few new monsters are shown here too like Sphinx/pegasus and Mermaid alot of this stuff has the Title Monster Quest which was the failed CGI tv show reboot the series was going to get in 2004/2005.

Nothings is really linked to themes but im sure alot of this stuff is not known about.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

Awesome. Love that guys zombie. Very Iggy Pop.  It's a shame the quest didn't make it. there would have been some cool merchandise. That castle play ste would would have been killer.

#13 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

Awesome. Love that guys zombie. Very Iggy Pop.  It's a shame the quest didn't make it. there would have been some cool merchandise. That castle play ste would would have been killer.

Just recently come back on here to see whats been happening. Glad I checked this thread again to see these MIMP illustrations. I mean.... WOW!!

I especially like "The Monster" and "Mad Scientist" artwork. I think my fave is the colour pencil drawing of Orobas.

Warlock is good too, but at first glance I thought he was Dr. Strange from the Marvel Comics! lol

#14 scottandrewhutchins

scottandrewhutchins

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:34 PM

https://donwazejewsk...1_horseman.html

Where do you see Sphinx, Pegasus, and Mermaid?

http://donwazejewski.artweb.com/

This site has alot of Paintings and concept artwork on the Mimp series. A few new monsters are shown here too like Sphinx/pegasus and Mermaid alot of this stuff has the Title Monster Quest which was the failed CGI tv show reboot the series was going to get in 2004/2005.

Nothings is really linked to themes but im sure alot of this stuff is not known about.

Edited by scottandrewhutchins, 30 October 2019 - 08:38 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com