13 replies to this topic

#1 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:33 PM

Ok, I got myhands on the new version of Takara's Microman toys: Microforce 2003. Takara had re-invented the design of their microman figures and let me say I love them! Takara really hit a home run with this new version. You can check out all four of them here. Ok, I'm psyched to review these guys so let's not waste any more time!

Looks: 4.5 out of 5
I love the looks of microman figures. The transparent colored plastic. The metal heads. The crazy accessories. It all adds up to one cool little action figure! The metal heads all have the vintage microman look to them. The bodies are a nice simple sculpt in keeping with all microman figures. Each figure has its own unique design painted on his chest and shoulders. The mixture o fthe transparent colored plastic with the opaque colored plastic is a nice touch.

Articulation: 5 out of 5
Bow down to the gods of articulation among small action figures. Not only do they have insane articulation, they also have an amazing range of motion for their various joints. They also are still nice and stiff despite the massive articulation unlike some other action figures. They have articulation at the neck, shoulders, upper arm, elbow, wrist, waist, hip, upper thigh, knee and ankle. The have the coolest elbow joints of any figure I have seen.

Accessories:5 out of 5
You want accessories? Baby, I got your accessories right here! These bad boys each come with their own set of weapons. The accessories are all in the same "metal" color as the Microman heads. While usually I like painted details on my accessries, on these figures, the metal look works much better with these figures. Ninja Microman comes with chest armor, a Katana, a sheath for the Katana that hands off the back of his chest armor and one insanely large sword. Gunner Microman comes with chest armor that has a huge Gatling gun style machine gun attached to it. It is huge and very bad-assed. Commander Microman has chest armor, a pistol, a holster for his pistol, a knife and a large gun with scope. Spy Microman comes with chest armor that has these two wild arm like things attached to the top of the back of the armor. These can move in a full 360 degree range. Plus he comes iwth this wild knife attachment for one forearm and a wicked claw attachment for his other forearm.

But, wait, there is still more!!! Each figure comes with a total of 6 pairs of hands! An open hand pair, a closed fist pair, a karate chop pair, a loose grip pair, a medium grip pair and a tight grip pair. Just pop the hands off and you can swithc to whatever pair of hands you desire.

Value: 3.5 out of 5
There is always a downside to everything, huh? :unsure: these figures aren't too expensive, but they aren't cheap, either. They cost around $10 per figure. That isn't too bad, but it is slightly more than you usually see for action figures their size. Still not a bad deal for all the features and accessories these figures come with.

Coolness: 5 out of 5
C'mon, these guys rock! They look cool with their metal heads, colored transparent plastic and insane accessories. Plus, their sweet ariculation makes them great toys to pose or play with.

Overall: 4.6 out of 5
I love these figures! If it weren't for the value these guys would have made a serious run at a perfect score. Without a doubt, these bad boys are an excellent addition to my collection and they are currently busy intimidating my other microman figures!

Here is another cool pic

Attached Files

#2 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:35 PM

Arrrr!!!! We are the best!

Attached Files

Edited by Rokk, 21 August 2003 - 06:38 PM.

#3 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:36 PM

Yet another

Attached Files

#4 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:36 PM

Tough guys.

Attached Files

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:09 PM

Cool review! Those things are friggin' sweet! They're a definite improvement over the 1999 Microman line! I'm definitely picking some up! Where did you get them?

-Nathan

#6 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:13 PM

I dont know where he got them, BUT I have seen them at Suncoast over here. And I think maybe Toys R US.

Also, I think the Ninja one is the best of the group.

Edited by Sniper33, 21 August 2003 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 09:40 AM

Cool review!  Those things are friggin' sweet!  They're a definite improvement over the 1999 Microman line!  I'm definitely picking some up!  Where did you get them?

-Nathan

Thanks!

These figures are all over E-bay. They are also at some Suncoast stores. There are several online stores selling them. You can find them at Dr. Tongue's, Fantasiatoyz and Hobby Link Japan. I got mine on E-bay.

I agree that they are a big improvement over the 1999 Microman line. Once you get your Microforce set definately post your opinion of them.

Edited by Rokk, 22 August 2003 - 09:44 AM.

#8 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 10:45 AM

crap for got to ask in my first post. Rokk would it be ok with you if I put the review on my site?

Posted Image

#9 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:28 AM

crap for got to ask in my first post. Rokk would it be ok with you if I put the review on my site?

Sure, go ahead. I'm all about spreading the microman love.

#10 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:37 PM

Once you get your Microforce set definately post your opinion of them.

Well, you asked for it... :(

I got the Ninja today from a friend. I'm not really planning on buying a whole set, and the figures are very similar, so here's my review. I agree with Rokk's observations for the most part, but here's my opinion:

Looks: 4 out of 5 - The Ninja has sort of a nifty "Tron" look him with clear purple plastic and silver details. He looks pretty sweet, but I would like to have some sort of texture (like circuitry) in the sculpt.

Articulation: 5 out of 5 - If you're a stickler for incredible articulation, this dude's a must-have. He has every sort of articulation you could possibly need for a figure. The highlights include double-jointed elbows and knees (like Henshin Cyborg), shoulders that can cross the arms forward (similar to Predator 2 from McFarlane, except Ninja's is smoother), and a double-jointed torso (think super-posable Spiderman). Truly, the articulation is the highlight of the figure. Perfect!

Accessories: 4 out of 5 - Ninja comes with awesome silver swords and armor! He also comes with a bunch of different hands, which is cool... but who really needs all those hands? I would have rather had just two or three pairs and an extra silver ninja weapon instead. Also, the silver throwing stars are so insanely small that they're virtually impossible to play with and will become vacuum cleaner food if they are ever dropped. But the coolness of the swords and armor will definitely keep me happy. The sword holster is especially nice.

Value: 3 out of 5 - I didn't actually buy mine, but I suspect it was in the same price range as Rokk's. I agree totally with Rokk. Ninja is super-cool, but $10 for a figure of this size without large-scale accessories is pushing it.

Coolness: 4 out of 5 - The articulation really makes this figure a blast to play with! My only problem is that it has NO magnets, which was a major fun-factor in previous Microman toys.

Overall: 4 out of 5 - Microman has been one of my favorite toy lines since the 1999 releases, and this Ninja does not disappoint! I'd definitely recommend it!

-Nathan

Edited by Tortle, 24 August 2003 - 06:38 PM.

#11 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:23 PM

Those figures are definitely unique and multi-posable. They look awesome. If I see them at the Toys R Us b my the Costco where I work I will take a look at them an possibly pick some up. They remind me of the fully posable magnet spiderman that came out after the Spiderman movie.

:(
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#12 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:30 PM

I saw some more of those today at Suncoast. One that stuck out was Reptro?? Looked like either a snake or a plant. I think it said he was part of the Retro set or something the other. I saw him in two versions....green, and clear.

I also saw a purple/black horse man.

and Tortle.......could I add your review to the site??? wouldnt hurt to have two reviews of the same things, gives people 2 different views from 2 different people :( .

Posted Image

#13 Rokk

Rokk

Alton Brown's Evil Twin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3604 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 06:08 AM

I saw some more of those today at Suncoast.  One that stuck out was Reptro??  Looked like either a snake or a plant.  I think it said he was part of the Retro set or something the other.  I saw him in two versions....green, and clear. 

I also saw a purple/black horse man.

Yeah, the figures you are seeing at Suncoast are actually the reproduction Micronaut figures made by Pallisades and not the Microman figures made by Takara. The horse man figure is Centaurus. and the other figure is Repto. There are 4 versions of every Pallisades' Micronaut figure.

The reproduction Micronauts by Pallisades are also some great figures. Series 2 of the repro Micronauts are even better than Series 1 since Pallisades learned how to make the figures a little more sturdy with fewer production defects.

Edited by Rokk, 25 August 2003 - 06:09 AM.

#14 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 09:25 AM

Well i saw the ones that you were talking about, except for the ninja one. I just felt that $8 is a little high for these little figures, and since Im already spending money on MotU, and McFarlen, Im pretty much strapped for money.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com