Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Marvel: handful of heroes in the june preview!

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Attached File  marvels.jpg   142.05K   118 downloads
I'll probably get about 2-3 cases of these in july. Maybe not from comic shops though, at that price.
Posted Image

#2 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:10 PM

by two or three cases, do you mean the 8-figure packs, or actual cases? if you mean the cases, let me know where you find a source for them, i may be interested in doing something similar.

on a side note, that doctor octopus sculpt looks promising in the pic.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#3 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

• Legends
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

I'm hoping they're not hard plastic. I could see a surge in our customs section if these are flexible.
Posted Image

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

I thought they were only putting Hulks in all the packs. :D

:p

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:38 AM

if you mean the cases, let me know where you find a source for them, i may be interested in doing something similar.

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

#6 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

I thought they were only putting Hulks in all the packs. :D

:p

:lol:

#7 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

Any body have an idea if these are gonna be available at Walmart, Target etc?

#8 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hmm...ill wait to see these next to a muscle (or in person).
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#9 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

• Legends
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

On the site description, it says there are 40 or so sculpts in wave one. I wonder if each is only available in one color?

Being optomistic, if this line gets enough support, it could jumpstart a whole new generation of LRG lines (and collectors). I'm getting behind this line, and hoping for the best.
Posted Image

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

I'm not too keen on the price set right now. But here is a better preview from EE.com

http://www.entertain...number=HMV93362

Posted Image

They are selling them by the cases as well.

Posted Image

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

i love that juggernaut figure. these are definitely my next obsession.

#12 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

I'm not too keen on the price set right now. But here is a better preview from EE.com

http://www.entertain...number=HMV93362

Posted Image

They are selling them by the cases as well.

that's 87 cents per figure. the average muscle sales for 50 cents to $1 so that's kind of in between prices. I think 75 cents is more acceptable though.

EDIT Correction, plus secret 9th figure and a play mat = 78 cents per figure. + the added mat

Yeah umm I think the price is pretty fair. Its not Ultimate Muscle value, but still reasonable.

Edited by FANtomCore, 06 June 2009 - 06:30 PM.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#13 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm very pleased with this test shot, it drives up the hope that each character will be specifically colored. I'll have to see them in person though, and that will tell me if I'll be risking more traffic tickets to drive around the state and buy them all. :D

Posted Image

#14 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

just to be clear, are there 8 or 9 figures in the pack? it says there is a hidden character but all literature on the packs states only 8 figures. so, is it 8 or 9?

#15 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

I'm going to wait and see on these if I like the first pack I buy. From the new shots, I only see one Hulk and it's not even the Hulk, it's his son. :D

#16 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

just to be clear, are there 8 or 9 figures in the pack? it says there is a hidden character but all literature on the packs states only 8 figures. so, is it 8 or 9?

That's what I want to know. 9 would be better, but I can live with 8. The packaging is very deceiving. I think it's only 8 and one of those is hidden. I can only visibly count 7 of the 8 sculpts in the pack I posted.

Posted Image

#17 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

looks like the missing item is the clearish guy too. wonder if thats chase figure.
anyways MUSCLES were 25cents each new when I was a kid. Battle beasts were 50cents to a $1. These are overpriced.

Edited by OmegaTraf, 06 June 2009 - 06:56 PM.

#18 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

I'm going to wait and see on these if I like the first pack I buy. From the new shots, I only see one Hulk and it's not even the Hulk, it's his son. :D

no its hulk, not his son, to be more specific its "World War Hulk".
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#19 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

no its hulk, not his son, to be more specific its "World War Hulk".

Ha, yep, you're right. We have that Superhero Squad guy but I don't keep up with the current comics anymore, so it's not ingrained into my mind like some of the older stuff is.

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

The two gray guys appear to be Venom and Nightcrawler. I think NC is the hidden character. I have a felling that there are no Chase figures so to speak, but the hidden figures might be figure specific. So you may have to buy packs until you finally find the last figure you need.....just a guess though. A chase figure would imply a set rarity wouldn't it?

Posted Image

#21 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:01 AM

Initially i was really excited about this line but my enthusiasm has been tempered some what as the close up pics suggest these might be a bit "thin" i.e. Wiz Kids Heroclix but without the base. Perhaps not that small but close.

The obvious exceptions are the larger characters like the Hulk and Juggernaut but if those are the only exceptions then these are a pass for me. I might as well collect Heroclix. They are cheaper , have a game and are painted . They also have non marvel characters.

Thats one of the factors that keeps me interested in Muscles - the "scale". The thickness of the limbs and torso really make the figures looks and feel bulky despite their height (im thinking of the more traditional "muscle man" looking igures but even Sunshine looks and feels solid). They have weight to them that separates them from other mini figures that might be cheaper. If these figures measure in at 2.5'' tall or even 2.25'' tall then that may off set the thin looking limbs but if these are 2'' to the top of the head and thin limbed....

Gah....

Ill hope for the best.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#22 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

So are you saying that some of these sculpts are the same as Heroclix? :lol: I know nothing about heroclick except the Galactus figure is the only cool figure. :D

Posted Image

#23 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

looks like the missing item is the clearish guy too. wonder if thats chase figure.
anyways MUSCLES were 25cents each new when I was a kid. Battle beasts were 50cents to a $1. These are overpriced.

That was a quarter century ago, to be fair. And when were Battle Beast 2 packs ever $1 new?
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#24 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:35 PM

kaybee clearance. :lol: i remember buying 5 packs one day. i need to go back to my old house i grew up and start digging in the back yard. im sure i could find a few there.

and .87 cents doesnt seem that bad as long as the sculpts are good and they are rubber and not plastic. in my opinion.

#25 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

kaybee clearance. :lol: i remember buying 5 packs one day. i need to go back to my old house i grew up and start digging in the back yard. im sure i could find a few there.

and .87 cents doesnt seem that bad as long as the sculpts are good and they are rubber and not plastic. in my opinion.

I bought an old ToyBiz Exploding Ghost Rider figure for 37 cents once at KB, but i still don't go around talking about the good old days when action figures were 37 cents. :D
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com