61 replies to this topic

#1 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

Just looked at the back of one of my packs and noticed some figures not on the checklist??? The figures look like

Onslaught(red in the middle of the card) behind him looks like a green Maestro, and in the back cut off looks like another large figure??? are their super rares to this set???

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:00 AM

I doubt it, but am not holding out on the possibility as of yet. Hasbro clearly mentioned that they had numerous more sculpts already completed and many more in production for the second wave. They even showed a few in the case at SDCC. I'm guessing that Onslaught will be in there, but I check all the mystery boxes if I get a chance, as I'm sure that's where any would be.

As for other figures on the backer, all are Wave 1 except Onslaught. I'm thinking he is just a huge teaser! I'd like to find one though! I'm also willing to bet if they are short packed they won't be too hard to find. There appears to be two Onslaughts on the back of the card though, the one in the upper middle and the other reddish orange figure above and to the left of him is Onslaught. The guys who designed the card kind of got lazy and just inverted some figures and pasted them here and there on the back.

Most of the figures are identifiable on the backer.

Light Greens: World War Hulk (Feet on top, torso on bottom), Gladiator Hulk, Abomination, Classic Hulk, Mandarin (head on bottom of card), Doctor Doom (Behind Onslaught)

Dark Greens: Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin

Blacks: War Machine, Black Panther, Venom, Nightcrawler

Reds: Classic Iron Man, Iron Man, Onslaught x2?, Spiderman crawling, Spiderman (bottom next to Mandarin, Foot upper right corner behind Nightcrawler), Deadpool, Angel, Ufoes, +2 unidentifiable small bits under the corner of the ! at the end of Kapow, and behind Iron Clad

Yellows: Iron Man Mark I, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Thing

Blues: Iron Clad, Armageddon, Cyclops, Captain America x2 (one on Right, one of Left inverted), Rhino, Wolverine x2 (bottom of card, and foot up beside second hidden Onslaught), Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Spiderman x2 (one on Right side, foot and finger in upper left corner), Absorbing Man (Face hidden by Handful Logo, Beast (Hand Base (body hidden by Handful Logo)

Think that's everyone. :unsure: I really looked hard at the card the other day, trying to see if there were any other odd placed characters besides Onslaught.

Posted Image

#3 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:12 AM

thanks for the info. now that you mention it the figure behind onslaught does look like gladiator hulk(don't have that fig so I just guessed)

#4 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

Has anyone spotted these on the east coast yet. No sign of them in western NY, and the past week has taken me to Toronto and NYC also with no luck. Went to FanExpoCanada up in Toronto and there were around 30 or so toy vendors there and nobody had even heard of these so I'm really scratching my head about the distribution. Walmart and Target just finished their reorganization of the toy section and no pegs for these anywhere. Grrr...
-Barry

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

Well, distribution seems to be hit and miss. I think the first initial shipments must have been low, and I think they attempted to distribute them in places throughout the entire US. I have checked a number of stores, but only 1 wal-mart in my area had them....and I bought most of those. :unsure: I'm in SC.

Posted Image

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:39 PM

a friend of mine found one pack at a Walmart nearer LA, but other than that i have yet to see these anywhere.

#7 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

Has anyone spotted these on the east coast yet. No sign of them in western NY, and the past week has taken me to Toronto and NYC also with no luck. Went to FanExpoCanada up in Toronto and there were around 30 or so toy vendors there and nobody had even heard of these so I'm really scratching my head about the distribution. Walmart and Target just finished their reorganization of the toy section and no pegs for these anywhere. Grrr...
-Barry

nothing in Boston yet either.... :unsure:
Targety down my way has also reorganazied the shelves and nothing. :p

at least the Eastcoast still rules!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

I was in Baltimore all last week. I called around and finally found a comic shop that carried them. The shop is called Amazing Spiral (weird name I thought) within the Rotunda Mall. Went up there and picked up 4 packs for $7.99/pack. I wasn't happy about that price but I guess you could expect it for a comic shop. They still had like 6-8 packs left there. The manager said they were not selling like he thought they would (maybe he or Hasbro should rethink $7.99) so that's a bummer. :) Anyway, they are cool as hell. They are all well balanced, true to form (no bent defects in the limbs), tough and inflexible, and very detailed. I can see no reason why these would fail to be a hit on this site! Now, if Hasbro would get their heads out of their collective arses and get the ball rolling on distribution......

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

$8 is pretty steep. But that price isn't exactly Hasbro's fault. Usually it's up to the seller for the final price mark. $5.96 is the Wal-mart price right now. I just wish Target would get them so I can splurge on their surely lower price. :p

Posted Image

#10 deadfishlake

deadfishlake

Gimme everything you got!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:45 PM

Too right about Target having better prices than Wally...and a better selection....and better stores....man, I really hate Wal-Mart. Probably started the night I saw someone (old lady) get arrested (noisily) for shoplifting, and then went out into the parking lot and saw someone get their car windows smashed out. Walmart= :p

$8 is pretty steep. But that price isn't exactly Hasbro's fault. Usually it's up to the seller for the final price mark. $5.96 is the Wal-mart price right now. I just wish Target would get them so I can splurge on their surely lower price. :o

#11 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

Finally scored some of these at the Walmart on the not so good side of town that I usually don't travel out to but I may have to more often as they also had the series 2 Gormiti (at the series 1 clearance prices) and series 2 of Secret Wars. Unfortunately no wave 5 yet so I'm still waiting on my Electro but wow, what a trip for as disappointing as Walmarts around here have been lately.

Also I don't know if it's due to receiving less than anticipated but the Handful of Heroes section was already mostly empty, only about 8 packs left on a total of 6 pegs.
-Barry

#12 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

were the wave 2 secret wars still looking pretty crappy like the first wave? quality of paint apps and such.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#13 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• 1464 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

were the wave 2 secret wars still looking pretty crappy like the first wave? quality of paint apps and such.

All of them looked fine to me, but I never saw any issues with any of the first wave figures out my way either. Maybe the defects were more of a regional thing.
-Barry

#14 Jestermon

Jestermon

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:28 AM

Have not seen these guys, did not know they were even released yet, no space for them at any of my local sotres to be seen yet.
Posted Image

#15 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

You bet $8 is pretty steep. That's why I only got 4 packs. If they were below $5, every one of those would have gone with me. Thing is, I have been looking & looking & looking & looking & looking & looking for these at home with absolutely futile results. So my resolve was to pick up a few where ever I may find them for a price less than ridiculous. I would agree with previous statements that there is very good variety per pack. No redundancies within individual packs. And pack transparency (besides Super Secret Hidden Figure, which by the way is a fun gimmick I think) allows getting the most diversification out of a batch purchase.

$8 is pretty steep. But that price isn't exactly Hasbro's fault. Usually it's up to the seller for the final price mark. $5.96 is the Wal-mart price right now. I just wish Target would get them so I can splurge on their surely lower price. :)

#16 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:18 PM

I noticed when buying my second group of these that the hidden figure seems to be poorly assorted out of cases. I've seen 4 packs with Black Panthers in there, and 4 packs with Sabretooths, and a couple with Nightcrawlers. The rest were more random.

Posted Image

#17 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Yeah My secret characters were 2 Orange Wolverines, Sabretooth, and Original Hulk. So yeah they probably are just 4 or 5 different figures for the secret one.

#18 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:16 AM

I was at the Wal-mart that has been carrying these yesterday, and they had all fresh stock...but silly me forgot to check all the secret figures...There was a stinking toddler whining in the other aisle and it was driving me mad. Stupid adults. He was crying because his Grandmother would only let him buy one matchbox airplane....She was trying to show her daughter how to "teach" him that he can't always get what he wants. :lol: Great idea! If I'd have pitched a fit like that when I was a kid I would have got something alright, and it wouldn't have been a toy....and the one time I remember doing so...I did. :D The mother was coddling him as I walked out of the section shaking my head in agony.

Posted Image

#19 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

I was at the Wal-mart that has been carrying these yesterday, and they had all fresh stock...but silly me forgot to check all the secret figures...There was a stinking toddler whining in the other aisle and it was driving me mad. Stupid adults. He was crying because his Grandmother would only let him buy one matchbox airplane....She was trying to show her daughter how to "teach" him that he can't always get what he wants. :lol: Great idea! If I'd have pitched a fit like that when I was a kid I would have got something alright, and it wouldn't have been a toy....and the one time I remember doing so...I did. :D The mother was coddling him as I walked out of the section shaking my head in agony.

EXACTLY!!!! Only took one spanking for me to know not to act out. But I learned the real way to get the toy is to behave as good as possible, then when we get to KB toys or wherever, my exceptional behavior would lead to an extra toy. See ya have to learn to play the game......

#20 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

My favorite was bribing my parents with extra chores to get the action figures I wanted. :)

But I was able to stop by that walmart again today. Fortunately no screaming children. They literally had like 5 full cases stocked out. I checked all the secret boxes, and of course nothing. They continue to appear completely random, however I continued to notice that packs pegged right next to each other often had the same figures in the secret box. So again it looks like case to case will hold alot of the same secrets.....Just like Muscle cases kind of.

Posted Image

#21 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Handful of Heroes have been sighted in Davenport, IA. Found em at a Wal-Mart. I think they had 5 (maybe 6) pegs devoted to them. All pegs were labeled "Marvel Punkz". Only 1 peg empty. The remaining pegs cumulatively had about 75-80%. So obvioulsy, I took my time and chose selectively!!! My 3 1/2 year old was along and decided he wanted to spend his wallet paper on these guys to. So, I got 6 packs and he got 1. Don't worry I'll share mine with him....... :D They were priced at $5.64 I believe. I'll be going back soon right after payday!!!! Hopefully this is welcome news to those in the Midwest and other tweener states wondering if they would ever get off the seaboards.

#22 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:09 AM

Correction for that retail price. Each pack was $5.96. On another note, I can't believe this set doesn't include Dare Devil or Moon Knight. Maybe they are planning on inserting those characters in a second wave. Moon Knight is pretty stark. His colors are black and white. It would be interesting to see how they would present him in a monochrome figure. Maybe something in between like "smokey". For example, take the color for Black Panther and grade it way back to a very light shade of black to gray. Then again, they could cast him entirely in white rubber and that could work pretty well too. I think I've also found a good comparison of HoH to another fig line. The bonus figs that were inserted in the back packaging of one of the later Star Wars lines have the exact same consistency, rigidity/flexibility, and detail level as HoH. And if there is one constant thru all these figs it is the abdominal physiques. Man, they are all carved with perfect detail and symmetry befitting a super hero.

#23 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

yeah they finally have them by me at the same price... i've altogether with some ive gotten from cynjoe got about 10 packs and have already got about 20 doubles.

#24 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

still waiting for them to make an appearance around here. i'm really not worried about finding them though. i'm more on alert for universe wave 5.

as for the exclusion or inclusion of certain characters, i think it's smart to hold back on dropping all of your a-list characters into the first wave. gives a good percentage of the non-completeists reason to buy into future waves.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#25 StalkingButler

StalkingButler

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:41 AM

still waiting here too. I hope they'll be at walmart my next pay day.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com