Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

marvel universe king of the ring

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: king of the ring! (20 member(s) have cast votes)

which of these figures appeals most to you?

1. invaders captain america (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. union jack (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. red hulk (11 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

4. hobgoblin (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. hydra soldier (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

6. secret wars thunderball (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:42 AM

i think most of us have had a chance to take these out of their packaging and play with them now. of the figures i've included which one is the cat's pajamas. don't bother complaining about inclusions or exclusions. i don't care. these are the ones i like playing with the most so deal with it. and if you need to see pics of them check around the other threads in here or in urs' reviews. i'm far too lazy to take pics.

you can base your vote on anything you like. i think these ones get the most playtime due to their overall awesomeness. sculpt, paint apps, character likeness, articulation, they're all winners in these categories. what do you think?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#2 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

I went with Union Jack, although I don't have an Invaders Capt. and haven't had much time to play with my Hydra Soldier yet. Despite these limatations I still find Union Jack just awesome.

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:01 PM

yeah, union jack vs. hydra soldier is a common battle for me. great sculpts, accessories and paint apps. i don't think i've met a union jack i don't like. easily in my tops list.

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

I'm torn between Jack and Thunderball.

Cap is an awesome figure, and the invaders variant is the sick, but I still can't get over the torso articulation. It just seems lacking to me. Jack was just a great figure though. Hydra Soldier is basically just the Jack figure with new weapons and a paint job, but he is very cool as well. My Red Hulk fever has long dropped to a chill, so I really prefer the Secret Wars Hulk or Gray Hulk to him. And the goblins just seem a little knock kneed. Thunderball is fun though, I really dig his costume colors, but he doesn't like to hold his ball and chain very well, so I guess Jack wins.

Posted Image

#5 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:59 PM

Like URS i was torn between Union Jack and Thunderball, with Thunderball narrowly losing out due to a poorly planned accessory. A few of these figures are ones i don't have though, so i had to narrow it down to what i own.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

Rulk ended up receiving my vote simply by default. It's the only Universe figure I own! Just can't get myself to spend money on this line yet. Which is funny, as I've put a bit into the Wolverine line and already have intentions for some stuff in both Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man.

#7 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

I don't collect 3.75" figures at all... But when I saw Rulk's beady yellow eyes staring at me through the packaging... Well, I now own one Marvel Universe figure.

Outside of him, I am not really into the line.
The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo.

#8 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

^^ QFT. That red hulk is an amazing sculpt. The thing is bad ass too. I like how those hulk and thing figures look like they're about to bust right out the package. That enticed me to buy them even more.

#9 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hmmm..this is a tough call for me as i notice im pick up and examine the Red Hulk FAR more than any other figure but i think Thunderball is the figure i find myself "playing" with more often than not. If one were to be strict with regard to defining enjoyment my vote would go to Thunderball but i cant lie...

Red Hulk gets my vote.
I often pick him up out of frustration first because his hip articulation drives me crazy. This figure was almost PERFECT but they had to ruin it with the damn swivel hips. With that said though..immediately after that exercise in frustration i start posing the massive arms and inspecting the sculpt and im impressed all over again. Enough to temporarily forget about the crap hips.

If the Red Hulk is released again in the future with an improved hip joint...i might buy multiples.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#10 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

while i'm a little surprised by these results on one side, i'm not surprised at all on the other.

i think the fact that thunderball, hydra soldier and invaders cap are all the less common figures is why they've had less votes. all are truly great figures and very worthy of your collections.

as for why red hulk is the top of this list, he's just effing badass. you've just got to love him. even my nephew favors him over all the rest. sometimes design and execution are prefect.

#11 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

I don't know about your Hydras but mine are bit sloppy in the fit and finish department. I don't know why Thunderball didn't get more weight in my voting. The only thing I can think of is I'm not as familiar with the character but I know next to nothing about Union Jack either. I do like Jacks costume design better though.
And yeah I don't have invaders Cap, but I love my other two Captain Americas.

#12 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:07 AM

red hulk

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com