12 replies to this topic

#1 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

Any rumors about a 2099 wave of marvel universe figures?
If they did which five to seven would you like to see?
Does anybody else constantly read comics and then think about how you want to see all the characters in Universe scale?

#2 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:04 AM

Any rumors about a 2099 wave of marvel universe figures?
If they did which five to seven would you like to see?
Does anybody else constantly read comics and then think about how you want to see all the characters in Universe scale?

I realized recently that ive been reading DC comics at a serious rate and i know , more often than not when i do, i want to see the DC characters made into action figures on par with MU figures (i.e. with regard to articulation). The new Public Enemies DCIH figures fit the bill but unfortunately there arent many of the new body type that compete with MU on the shelves.

With regard to MU characters specifically though..they seem to have made almost every character id care about .

Almost.

I could go for a USAgent, Luke Cage and...i cant think of anyone else off of the top of my head though. Maybe Falcon if they ever developed that character (ugh).

Edited by Articulationnut, 28 November 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#3 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

My Wish List

THANOS(seriously marvel the only thanos figure was the pvc figure from 1991) It's time for a thanos that Isn't an exclusive from some company. I want a thanos, and I want him NOW!!!!!

sorry about that

The other's i'd love to see are Gladiator, Adam Warlock(I heard they're making him and I may have seen him but I don't remember where), She-Hulk, Vulcan(cyclops and havoks MEGA evil brother who conquers and takes over the Shi'ar Empire), and Hawkeye.

#4 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:07 AM

I guess the 2099 figures that I would like to see: Hulk, Spider-Man, Doom, Ravage, Vulture, Wolverine, Colossus.

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

My Wish List

THANOS(seriously marvel the only thanos figure was the pvc figure from 1991) It's time for a thanos that Isn't an exclusive from some company. I want a thanos, and I want him NOW!!!!!

sorry about that

The other's i'd love to see are Gladiator, Adam Warlock(I heard they're making him and I may have seen him but I don't remember where), She-Hulk, Vulcan(cyclops and havoks MEGA evil brother who conquers and takes over the Shi'ar Empire), and Hawkeye.

in the latest issue of toy fare the guys from hasbro hinted that they're going to do an infinity gauntlet set of figures just like they did for secret wars. i don't know if we're going to have to wait until 2011 for the twentieth anniversary or what. but there's no way they could do that line without including thanos. besides, i would think a character as cool as thanos would show up more than once. i mean, if we're going to be given 36 flavors of spider man every year, the least they could do is pump out one character everyone wants.

let me ask you this. if they did do a infinity gauntlet comic set, would you want to see them do it just like secret wars, or would you rather have the two packs with an additional build-a-figure component inside? six issues adds up to a perfect baf count. two figures + a piece of thanos(or better yet, eternity) might be kind of cool. i've never bought into the build-a-figure style, mostly because out of all the figures the only one i want is the baf. but i think if they did something like that, i wouldn't crap my pants over it. i know i'd end up getting them all anyways just to get the comics.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#6 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

There was a Thanos in the mid-90's Fantastic Four animated line, and then another one in the Marvel Select line a couple years back. I have both of them. :lol:

But yes i agree, MU needs a Thanos badly.

And Dan, i'm gonna have to disagree with ya buddy. I think the last thing this line needs is a BAF of any kind. It's nice to have at least one super hero line where i'm not forced to buy figures i don't care about to complete one that i do.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#7 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:17 AM

but don't you think in a line that comes with six comics it completely lends itself to a baf strategy? not only will collectors be wanting all six comics, but the build a figure, and if they're not stupid (the figures not the collectors), the rest of the figures as well.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#8 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

Well, I'm sure we will get a Spider-Man 2099, and I personally can't wait for one. A Doom, and Hulk are must haves as well. Despite the fact I had decent runs of most the 2099 series, I really don't recall much about them. I don't think they had real steady staying power other than the designs.

But Infinity Gauntlet! That would be great! Then a Wars, and finally a Crusade would be must haves as well. Perfect comic packs there. But I hate the thought that they would possibly lower figure quality for afford ability. I'd easily pay an extra $2 bucks a pack to insure better QC. I don't want my Thanos having two right legs. I'm getting all tingly over the thought of having a fully articulated Thanos figure. :D Crud... I just found out there is an infinity abyss series too.

I don't like the BAF idea either. Though it would make sense if Hasbro did that, it would be terrible, since scalping would then become more prominent in the line. I'd much prefer it if Hasbro stuck to releasing complete figures. After all if it costs Hasbro so much money to make so many molds, then even if one mold outsold another mold by a large margin, they would still have made the same profit if they made more of the best selling mold. I guess that makes sense. This is why we keep seeing new colors of Spidey. They know kids will always buy him, but if they make it a variant collectors would too.

But for Gauntlet...

Adam Warlock / Pip The Troll
Drax the Destroyer / Star Fox
Thanos / Death
Wonder Man / Scarlet Witch
Nebula / Dr. Strange
Firelord / Mephisto

But we will probably get...

Spider-man / Wolverine
Human Torch / Silver Surfer
Hulk / Vision
Spider-man / Spider-man
Spider-man / Spider-man
Spider-man / Gwen Stacey :lol:

Wars...

Gamora / Moondragon
U.S. Agent / Wolfsbane
Doppelganger Spidey / Dopple Wolverine
Magus / Invisible Woman
Darkhawk / Hercules
Dopple Thanos / Dopple IronMan

I likes Dopplegangers. ;)

Crusade...

Well... Mainly Goddess, and then 11 other characters they havn't made yet. :lol:

I'd like to see something possibly done with the Evolutionary War as well.

Posted Image

#9 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

but don't you think in a line that comes with six comics it completely lends itself to a baf strategy? not only will collectors be wanting all six comics, but the build a figure, and if they're not stupid (the figures not the collectors), the rest of the figures as well.

In theory, yeah. But in practice, i see it leading to a wave of two packs where they don't even need a new character in any given pack like they do now. A Silver Surfer/Iron Man two-pack would be redundant now, but it'd sell a whole lot better if it came with Thanos' crotch or something. The comics are nice but they're not a must-have if there's a two-pack i don't care about, you know?

Plus, as URS mentioned, the scalping. Oh, the scalping. Right now filthy powersellers have very little reason to take these things out of Wal-Mart by the case, and that seems to be working out just fine. In fact it might be the only superhero line this decade where you can *always* go out and find a nice variety of characters, i don't want that changing.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#10 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

I really need to stop posting in the wee hours. Its as though im speaking a foreign language considering how bad the post is organized :lol:

Proof reading is our friend. So is sleep.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#11 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

After giving it some thought, I've got this.

As URS said we are sure to get a Spider-Man 2099. No doubt about that. We already got a House of M Spidey so it just a matter of time.
The best bet after that to get more 2099 goodness would probably be some sort of three pack.

So we have Spider-Man 2099 (in a slightly diffrent color wash), Doom 2099 (I really hope so, he was my favorite in the 2099 comics), and one other. Who else do we get? I don't know. Whoever is cheapest to produce. Hulk is out, the later version of Ravage, and all the more intresting looking X-men. Still we could get some cool figs.
I would go with Halloween Jack. We still need more villans.

Also a Thanos, would be sweet. A Magus/Adam Warlock two pack would be killer as well.

And I much prefer the Giant Battlers to BAFs. If you have a larger figure like Thanos pair him with a smaller figure like Pip to even it out.

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:44 AM

Punisher 2099, or Ghost Rider 2099 would make pretty awesome figures.

I just remembered that Toybiz gave us a decent X-men 2099 team back in the 90's. So a new team pack of sorts would be pretty rad. I would like to get a Bloodhawk, MetalHead, Cerebra, MeanStreak, etc..

Posted Image

#13 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

I totally missed out on Ghost Rider 2099, I'd already stopped buying new 2099 comics by the time it came out. I've heard it was a good read though.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com