6 replies to this topic

#1 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 02:58 PM

I'm not really a Toy collector per se, but somtimes I see a figure that I just have to pick up. Recently, I was at a Hudson's in Pearl, Mississippi, and they had a few fire damaged McFarlain toys. While I passed on Kiss and Metallica, Akira, and a few things I didn't know what they were from, I saw one figure that I had to have: Evil Ashly, from Evil Dead ][][][: The Army of Darkness.

I've read all the reviews on this secion, and now I'll blantantly copy Nate's system because mimmicry is the greatest form of flattery... and his page kicks arse!

LOOKS: 10/10. The figure is like a perfect sculpture of Bruce Campbell's Evil Ash post re-assimbly. The armor is great, and every detail of the costume must have been recreated from tons of shots from the movie. Things I never noticed before, such as the clothes that 'Good' Ash wears being under the armor and the boots Ash wears being on Evil Ash's feet were present, and when the movie viewd again, somwhat easy to see.

ARTICULATION: 1/10. What's articulated? His feet(both of them) turn 360 degrees at the ankles. One of his wrists turns 360 degrees, and the other turns about 90 degrees.

ACCESSORIES:3/10. Two swords, and a mini-movie poster. The mini-poster is cool, as it has its own little stand made of bones that holds it up. The swords look amazingly realistic... but they're a pain to force into Evil Ash's hands. One of them requires the removal of the tip of the hilt to even fit into Bad Ash's hand, and the other barly slides in the other hand. If you try to reverse the swords, one of them won't even go into the hand, and the other falls out almost immediatly.
COOLNESS: 8/10. It's a perfect copy of Evil Ash. And that's about it. It fits well beside my ceramic Ash statue beside my T.V... and that's about it. Other than getting him to stand up by re-positioning and re-positioning his feet-- THAT was cool when I finally got him to stand up... but what wasn't cool was how he fell down if the feet wern't perfect.

OVERALL: 5/10. Awesome decoration for $8 out of the package that was halfway burnt. Awfully expensive decoration for the $35 the hobby shops that didn't burn down want.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 05:04 PM

Very well written. All you need is a pic, and you'll be smokin!

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, great review!

And I'm flattered you used my criteria. I like reviews with some sort of criteria, and for my reviews, I pick those that were most important to me. Some reviews have Packaging as a criteria, but since I open all my toys, I don't really care about that.

-Nathan

#4 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 07:40 AM

Pic?

Didn't I describe it well enough? Watch the friggin' movie!

:woot:
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 January 2003 - 07:56 AM

Didn't I describe it well enough?

Yeah, you described it really well! But it's nice to have a pic so that people can see what you're talking about. If you don't have a digital camera, that's fine. Most of the time, I just provide a link to a site that has pics of the toy. For example, here's a pic from McFarlaneGuide.com...

Evil Ash Figure

I usually don't want to bother with taking pictures, unless there's a comparison I want to make (like the old Raphael toy vs. the new one). Anyway, just a suggestion... :woot:

-Nathan

#6 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 11:26 AM

Looks..........GRUESOME! :D

But cool! I have always been intrigued by zombies and skeletons and figures like this one. B)

:huh:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#7 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 28 January 2003 - 07:28 PM

Actually, in that picture, the shading looks a bit off... It looks even better when it doesn't have strong light on it.

aforbes, if you like the figure, rent Evil Dead ][][: Dead By Dawn and Evil Dead ][][][: Army of Darkness.

They're Groovy. :D

As for the picture, I don't have a digital camera. I just assumed that everyone's seen the Evil Dead trilogy.

I don't think I've met too many that havn't... but mabe it's an age-group thing.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com