DON'T MISS IT!!!!!

#2 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 13 September 2002 - 11:54 PM

I am so there dude, It is 1 AM now, I might not even go to bed, I am recording the crap out of it too.

#3 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 03:27 AM

I get two Fox stations.....I'll watch it on Fox East, and if I like it, I'll tape it from Fox West.........

#4 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 04:16 AM

check out foxbox.tv while you wait the kinnikuman webpage it UP!

::starts to have convulsions::
go go go

1 hour 15 minutes is too long to wait :rolleyes:
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#5 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 14 September 2002 - 05:29 AM

I am sitting here at work and the show starts in a couple minutes.

Oh well ot can be nice.

I set the vcr so as soon as I get home I'm rewinding the tape and watching it. At least i can skip thru the commericals.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#6 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 05:47 AM

Okay, so I'm watching "Ultimate Muscle"......not bad, but I didn't expect it to be spectacular.....

I'm pleased so far......sure, it's got that 'anime' thing going for it, but the song and flatulence are a bit much.....

the mask being everywhere is a bit humorous, I guess it's s'posed to appeal to kids.....

it looks also to cash in with the DBZ crowd......

but, I'm disappointed in the fact that while we have "Meat" and a few of the other famous faces, there is no appearance by Mr. Blocky (Sunshine) or Krangala.......(Big the Budo)

I figured they would throw some cameos in so that we (The diehard Krangala fans) would at least have a bit of nostalgia........

nice seeing Robin Mask though.......

#7 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 06:03 AM

If anyone misses any episodes PM me i
have them in VCD format and soon divx

I'm going to be setting up a FTP server once i can get my laptop fixed with all episdoes in divx format :rolleyes:
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#8 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 14 September 2002 - 06:46 AM

Sweet even though I am recording them on vhs I would deffinatly be up for some vcd format.

as far as cameos they will show up later on in the show. At least some people will.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#9 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 07:06 AM

Okay, we got a small Mr. Blocky cameo in the second episode.......

BUT STILL NO KRANGALA!!!!

#10 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 09:20 AM

WARSMAN can u send it thru AOL?? i missed it cuz i forgot to set my alarm to wake up in time. my AOL name is ShortFusedBomb. let me know
www.rawkthreads.com

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 09:56 AM

Okay, I'm pissed!
9:30 and 10:30 AM, huh?
Damn Fox station is Sacramento played them at 8:30 and 9:30. AAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
I missed the first episode.
Damn it!

Other than that, the second episode was pretty kewl.

#12 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 September 2002 - 10:55 AM

Sorry you missed the first one Johnny, I didn't even go to bed last night just to be sure I didn't miss it, and to work on some of my site (no updates, but pics for updates). All in all, I was actually impressed with it. I have the DVD that came out, and had no cameos really, this had quite a few Buffalo man, Robin mask, Ramen man, etc... I look forward to the next episodes. My wife talked me out of recording it because we thought it would be kind of lame like the DVD, now I am pissed I didn't so, I may be interested in your recordings warsman.

#13 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 12:52 PM

I figured out something simple

so many missed it ,
send me $5 or so for the thing if you go with VCD

way i figured it i'm make it nice...
each VCD is in 3 parts to edit commercials out.
with full color label with episode name
Jewel case
S&H is included
as well as the nice box to ship it in since we don't want it brakeing.

I doubt i can to this legally so and stuff not out for profit only to break even.
I'll see what i can do setting up the FTP Server
in VCD format it's 300MB and in Divx format it's 130MBs

So i'm looking for your suggestions ^_^
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#14 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 01:08 PM

I missed it, too...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 02:04 PM

I liked it quite abit
the 2nd episode was great , maybe we should start a secondary thread so we don't spoil it for anyone .

anyway tomorrow i'll have photos , episode guide and whatnot for the first 2 episodes on my webpage i hope .
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#16 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 02:47 PM

I stayed up til 6 in the morning planning to pull an all nighter, but I crapped out and fell asleep. I woke up at 8:30, thankfull I did not miss it!! Then my fox channel decides to put the news on for an hour!!!!!! It wasn`t on down here in south Florida!!!!!! I got screwed harder than a hooker who`s fiending for crack!!!!!!!!! YOU WAIT CHANNEL 7, JUST YOU WAIT. ^_^

#17 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 06:52 PM

hey man i can send ya the vcd's i'm in central FL.
thats why i asked about the tower in the email :p

just enough to make the CD and the mail it the few hours ^_^

I'm on Fox channel 3 with Time warner cable
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 07:22 PM

Hey guys, I have an abbreviated transcript of the second episode up at the AKIA. Go to Info, G2 Story and you can see it. As I didn't see the first episode, does anyone care to write up a synopsis and post it here so I can put it on the AKIA? Pretty please?

#19 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 07:35 PM

No problem!

they begin with a flying fist hurtling through space, which crash lands on Mt. Fuji......

then we pan to Muscle planet (A giant floating Muscleman head) and there is a council taking place, the 'elders' are discussing a recent loss on pay-per-view, here we see many old and familiar faces, including Robin Mask, and many others (Can't really remember)

they lament that if King Muscle had been around that they wouldn't have lost, then the council begins discussing finding him.......Ramenman then mentions that there is another who posesses the power of Ultimate Muscle, but that they would have a hard time convincing him to compete.....

the group of wrestlers begins oohing and ahhing about Kid Muscle, and Ramenman says they'll wish they hadn't when they meet him (This might've been Kid Muscle's grandfather, I can't remember)

next we see Kid Muscle sitting in his room, a butler is serving him dinner, a lame song ensues, and then he sets to dig in.......the food is quickly withdrawn before he can eat it however, and the butler states that Kid Muscle can't eat until he finishes his homework.....he opens a book and inside is a girlie mag......he begins fawning over them, when he gets tapped on the shoulder by his grandfather which he shrugs off......this irritates his grandfather, who informs him of his destiny.....not wanting anything to do with it, Kid Muscle runs away.......pursued by guards or cops or something.....

he jumps into a spaceship, and freaks when it takes off........when it crash lands, he finds himself in a park.......there he finds a shed, with some form of coffin shaped device inside....he accidentally presses a button, and releases Alexandria Meat.....who explains that Kid Muscle has crashlanded on Earth (Where his grandfather was gonna send him anyway, to fight evil) this freaks Kid Muscle out again, and he goes running into some rocketship shaped piece of playground equipment......inside is some bad dude with a "+" shape on his chest (Adversarius).....this guy whoops Kid Muscle around, until Kid Muscle decides to sit down and eat......Adversarius stomps Kid Muscle's food, and we see this emotional scene where Kid Muscle cries like a baby due to the loss of the last meal his mother cooked for him......

he gets the power of Ultimate Muscle, and whoops Adversarius around the playground.........this is where the episode ends......

#20 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 05:31 AM

FoxBox has a spoiler-free description of the first show on www.foxbox.tv, in the Kinnikuman section, under "About the Show". They also have plenty of other updates, so you might want to check it out!

-Nathan

#21 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 15 September 2002 - 06:20 AM

I thought mitokun's voice sucked. It is just so different from his "little kid" voice in Japanese. Besides that, it was not too bad. Terry the kid's voice is also a little over the top. Not bad.

I noticed on Amazon.co.jp that they have quite a few 2nd generation DVDs, and will have a G1 DVD in december. Amazon Japan now offers parts of the site in Englsih, so you can set up an account and check out that way. They ship to the USA no problem. I just ordered a few for my region 2 player.
Posted Image

#22 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 06:46 AM

well if their making gen 1 dvd's i'm pre-ordering e+

I feel like dancing.

Posted Image

Terry was total texas , but more sterotypical texas
Meat could of had a better voice,but it worked well since he was about to "curse" so many times.

Meat : He grappled every son of a
Kid Muscle : I get the point

overall i liked the episodes
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#23 EASports

EASports

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 03:12 PM

But what about Sean Connery? I mean Robin Mask... And boy oh boy, that theme song! I think it definitely has the making of a great cartoon for the kiddies, and I'll keep watching it cause I love Muscle men. Hey, maybe it'll pick up. You really can't judge a cartoon by the first two episodes, so stay tuned, I guess.
"Let's go home"
"We are home"
"That was fast"

#24 DavidMask

DavidMask

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 04:07 PM

Ultimate Muscle is way better than I expected, it has every ingredience that make a good animation. Part of the plot is quite touching, like how TerryKenyon misunderstood his father. The only complain I have is how the show keep referring the characters as westlers. They are not westlers, they are superheros, and in japanese the name of their organization is something like the Justice leauge, not some stupid name like the muscle league and the good guys are called rightous super-humen. They are the protectors of the earth and peace, not just simple westlers. The characters can turn into ultraman-size. Calling them westlers sounds like they are entertainers such as the WWF westlers. The ring is just a stage for the superheros and supervillans to fight fairly.

#25 itsamike

itsamike

The Man Behind The Meat!

• Legends
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 04:35 PM

I liked Meat's voice, but that's just me.

--Mike
--Mike
|= <

The opinions expressed are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of 4Kids Entertainment or its affiliates.

Want an autographed picture? Click here!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com