6 replies to this topic

#1 Bilestoad

Bilestoad

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hello, everybody. I looked for a forum with people who know their MIMPs and was directed here.

Back in the early 90s when I was in university, I used to eat a lot of Shreddies and I've always loved monsters so, when boxes started including MIMPs, I went crazy and ate even MORE Shreddies. I got my friend on board and he also ate a lot of Shreddies. Our intention at the time was to collect enough to design a board game with them. That never came to fruition but now, 25 years later I have 27 Series 3 MIMPs. There are 8 different monsters in green, orange, blue and pink. The set does not include Blemmyae, as it was not a part of the Shreddies promotion.

The day has come to sell them, either individually or as a lot. I don't want to be greedy and ask too much for them so I'm just wondering what you guys personally recommend as a fair market price and what the best/easiest market is. Is ebay the way to go or is there a better site where toy collectors prefer to go? Can I sell them right here? I'd love to just post them all on one page where people can buy them at a fixed price, and ebay doesn't seem ideal for that.

In my photo gallery I have included 4 pics of each figure and a collage with 1 pic of each: https://www.flickr.c...s/82694069@N04/

As for price, are figures in excellent condition worth roughly the same (not counting Blemmyae) or are some Series 3 figures worth more than others? Someone in another thread suggested that Jimmy and Anubis might be worth more.

P.S. Although all of them have been safely in storage for all these years, seeing very little daylight or handling, and therefore find themselves in excellent condition, some of the green ones have slight discoloration in spots while the other three colours are perfectly fine. Does anyone know what causes this?

Edited by Bilestoad, 24 September 2017 - 08:22 AM.

#2 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:03 PM

Welcome to LRG!

Since it appears this post was made mostly to determine value, I've moved your thread to the "What's it Worth?" section of our forum.

As an FYI: When you inevitably create your sales post, please do so in the "got toys" section.

While we have no requirements surrounding pictures, I strongly advise that you include some in your post. Not many people are willing to throw down money without seeing what they're buying, especially on rare/valuable figures. The one requirement we do have is that you MUST post a starting price in your thread. (Not here, just on a sales thread.)

Good luck!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

the prices range based on color and sculpt, but dang sounds like an awesome lot. I'd love to see photos!!!

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#4 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

The blemishes are probably contact points from when the green figures were in contact with the darker colors. I know in particular, the red MIMPS are known to stain yellow and neon yellow especially. So if you have any other series MIMP stored with Shreddies, this might do it.  

If you're looking for the most bang for your buck, you would be best off selling them individually. Selling as a lot would bring the average cost per figure down.  As for the price, I can't really say right now. I know the market has come down some on MIMP in general.

#5 Bilestoad

Bilestoad

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

However, there is no staining on the other colours that the green monsters shared their storage box with, which are blue, orange and pink, so it's funny that they'd get a yellowish tint to them. However, the discoloration is at contact points so you could very well be right. It would be nice to know what compound they're made of, as I'd like to know if rubbing alcohol would help.

#6 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

Doesn't always need direct sunlight, heat will do it too.

#7 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

I am definitely interested in what you have. Feel free to send me a PM with a pic.

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buy, sell, series 3, MIMP, M.I.M.P., monster in my pocket

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com