#26 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

Boardest Gamer in the Land!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Toys and board games aplenty

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:06 PM

Okay, after having bought quite a few more packs of these than I had initially anticipated (damn my addictive personality) here's my lineup thus far. S H and C of course refer to the versions of the figures, shadow, hyper, and crystal.

#3 Hisss 1xS
#5 Infernus 1xs
#6 Grush 1xH
#9 Slaughta 1xH
#11 Tendril 1xS 1xH
#12 Aqua 2xC
#13 Maneta 1xS 1xH
#14 Aknar 1xS 1xH
#15 Barrage 2xS
#17 Anubar 1xH
#19 Ha-Tesh 1xH
#20 Skurge 1xS
#21 Blackheart 1xS 1xH
#23 Tremmor 2xS
#24 Stryke 3xS
#25 Maelstrom 2xS 1xC
#26 Frost 1xS
#27 Strog 1xS 1xH
#29 Cursor 1xS 1xH
#30 Chain 2xS 1xH
#31 H-8T 1xC
#33 Wort 1xS 1xH
#34 Mantorr 2xS (one without number on foot)
#35 Gregor 1xS 1xC
#36 Master Wu 1xS 1xH
#37 Chogotai 1xS 1xH
#43 Cowl 2xH

My favorites right now are Chain, Slaughta, Strog and Mantorr. I'm willing to trade doubles if anyone's interested, you can trade a Cowl off of me and avoid paying the 8 bucks to get him in the big plastic hand. I'm very interested in getting a hyper Mantorr, and crystal Chain I would be willing to trade some singles for these two. I'd also like any form of Stench, Scorpiax, Slag or Ulfgar.
"There's a fine line between sayings that make sense."

#27 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:14 PM

Having just looked again at Zombie's pack layouts, I think I've discovered something troubling. I have purchased two packs featuring the same visible figures as he did (Ha-Tesh and Blackheart), and I got the same figures in those packs as he did. If this is the case, and it will be interesting to see what everyone else gets when their orders come in, We may have to eventually resort to the 2-packs to "catch them all" as it were. I'll be quite dissapointed if each 5-pack has the same figures in it as any other pack with the same visible figure. So please let us know who's visible and what you get when everyone else open's theirs.

#28 Knuxman

Knuxman

Reject False Icons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1293 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

Having just looked again at Zombie's pack layouts, I think I've discovered something troubling. I have purchased two packs featuring the same visible figures as he did (Ha-Tesh and Blackheart), and I got the same figures in those packs as he did. If this is the case, and it will be interesting to see what everyone else gets when their orders come in, We may have to eventually resort to the 2-packs to "catch them all" as it were. I'll be quite dissapointed if each 5-pack has the same figures in it as any other pack with the same visible figure. So please let us know who's visible and what you get when everyone else open's theirs.

If that's true, these may work like ultimate muscle, all the same just a possible variant.
"So it goes."
~Vonnegut

#29 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

I just got back from walmart and bought 3 packs these are awsome i might post who i have later

#30 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:02 PM

I just got back from walmart and bought 3 packs these are awsome i might post who i have later

What part of Walmart did you find them in? I couldn't manage to find them in 2 different Walmarts. Did you see the stadium?

Despite my (wallet's) better judgement, I bought a few more packs as well. I bought one that I am guessing you bought too, visible #29 Curser (Hyper). I see the same figures in my pack in your pictures, so it looks like the packs might all be like this. Did yours also have:
#11 Tendril (Hyper)
#5 Infernus (Shadow)
#24 Stryke (Shadow)
#36 Master Wu (Shadow)
in the same pack?

If these packs aren't random, then it is pretty lame that they would purposely have repeating figures.

Edited by Zombie, 24 February 2005 - 03:10 PM.

#31 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:22 PM

What part of Walmart did you find them in? I couldn't manage to find them in 2 different Walmarts. Did you see the stadium?

Despite my (wallet's) better judgement, I bought a few more packs as well. I bought one that I am guessing you bought too, visible #29 Curser (Hyper). I see the same figures in my pack in your pictures, so it looks like the packs might all be like this. Did yours also have:
#11 Tendril (Hyper)
#5 Infernus (Shadow)
#24 Stryke (Shadow)
#36 Master Wu (Shadow)
in the same pack?

If these packs aren't random, then it is pretty lame that they would purposely have repeating figures.

I found them in the actoin fig. part on the top shelf . and i only saw 5-packs

#32 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

I went to Toys R Us tonight and bought 10- 5 packs (and got the pack holder with them, yippee :huh: ). Anyway, these are primarily for my son, so as much as I want to tear them all open, I have to restrain myself and just give him a pack here and there. I plan on giving him one tonight, if anything interesting is in there I'll post it. If it holds true that the same guys are in certain packs, that will really suck and take a lot of the fun out of it. But now that I think of it, I bet that there might be some that have the same guys in them but you've got to factor in rares and ultra-rares. So maybe the likelihood of packs with the same visible guy could be high but there's a chance of the rares and ultra-rares could be thrown in randomly.

Zombie, I'm going to give my son the one with Ha-Tesh visible, so I'll let you guys know if they're the same as the one already posted.

Edited by Goriki, 24 February 2005 - 04:42 PM.

#33 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

I went to Toys R Us tonight and bought 10- 5 packs (and got the pack holder with them, yippee :huh: ). Anyway, these are primarily for my son, so as much as I want to tear them all open, I have to restrain myself and just give him a pack here and there. I plan on giving him one tonight, if anything interesting is in there I'll post it. If it holds true that the same guys are in certain packs, that will really suck and take a lot of the fun out of it. But now that I think of it, I bet that there might be some that have the same guys in them but you've got to factor in rares and ultra-rares. So maybe the likelihood of packs with the same visible guy could be the same but there's a chance of the rares and ultra-rares could be thrown in.

Zombie, I'm going to give my son the one with Ha-Tesh visible, so I'll let you guys know if they're the same as the one already posted.

:p 10 5-PACKS my dad only got me 3. :( i'm jealous

#34 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:48 PM

:huh: 10 5-PACKS my dad only got me 3. :p i'm jealous

My son is only three and I spoil the crap out of him.

Bad news, the Ha-Tesh pack had the same as Zombie's....

#35 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

I have the following figs. :
chain my favorite:S
stench:S
stryke x2:H S
ankar:H
skurge:S
hisss:C
cursor:H
barrage:H
GRUSH:H :huh: yay
chogotai:C
frost:C
infernus:H
master wu:S
gregor:S

S is shadow H is hyper C is crystal

#36 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Hey Monkey and ToM, since you guys both have a different Hisss, could you tell me what guy was visble in the pack he came in? Since he's "Ultra Rare", I want to see if maybe I have a pack that matches to see if he truly is "Ultra Rare". It just doesn't make sense to me from a marketing standpoint. Would they really save that much money from packing them the same? Unless we prove that ultra-rares are randomly inserted, I obviously won't buy another pack with the same visible guy....

#37 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:05 PM

Hey Monkey and ToM, since you guys both have a different Hisss, could you tell me what guy was visble in the pack he came in? Since he's "Ultra Rare", I want to see if maybe I have a pack that matches to see if he truly is "Ultra Rare". It just doesn't make sense to me from a marketing standpoint. Would they really save that much money from packing them the same? Unless we prove that ultra-rares are randomly inserted, I obviously won't buy another pack with the same visible guy....

O.k. i don't remeber witch one it was is in but it would either have barrage or ankar or cursor in the window of the package.

Edited by The Monkey King, 24 February 2005 - 05:06 PM.

#38 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

i think this is new click secret on profiles http://www.fistful.c...spx?regionid=11

Edited by The Monkey King, 24 February 2005 - 07:03 PM.

#39 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:12 PM

Bad news, the Ha-Tesh pack had the same as Zombie's....

Arghhhh, I got a effing error and my post got erased. :huh: I need to start copying my posts before hitting reply. Well, to make a long post short......

Since 3 of us have Ha-Tesh packs with the same figures, it is looking pretty likely that the packs are not random. Also, I hit a second Toys R Us today and of the 12 packs, they had maybe 4 or 5 packs that had the same figure in the window as the other store. So, this means that 1 shipment will not contain all possible packs. Since I have seen commons and uncommons in the window, it is possible that there are 27 unique 5 packs.

#40 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:26 PM

They were $4.88 at my local Walmart (5-pack)

Edited by The Monkey King, 24 February 2005 - 08:29 PM.

#41 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:32 PM

I got my order from Amazon today. One of the items I ordered was the red Fist Combat Case. The figure is the same, and previous reviewers were right... it's very small, so it's limited in use for a true carrying case. Check out the attached picture... I barely got 10 figures in there. It looks like it's meant to be stacked with a bunch of other fists, although since the figure is the same, I'm not sure why someone would want to buy multiple fists.

Attached Files

#42 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

I also got a red Battle Box. Essentially it's the FoP starter set, with a rulebook, a map of the Land of Scar, game pieces, and four figures. The figures are pretty awesome, especially the hyper figures, but I'm not sure if they're the same in all Battle Boxes. The Battle Box itself is pretty neat, much cooler than the fist, I think, and able to hold more figures (maybe as much as 20). Here's a pic of the box opened:

Attached Files

#43 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:37 PM

I'm going to have to scour the Wal-Marts now. Did they have 2-packs there? That may be where all the missing figures are hanging out.

And I suppose if there's a large variety of 5-packs of visible figures as someone suggested, then it may not be as dire as it seemed. I don't know that I've seen such a variety though. I really just don't want to buy a million 2-packs to get the handful of Hypers I really want. I can see I'll already need to buy all the accessories because all of the warlords look great. Maybe they'll resurrect the magic MUSCLE garbage can system for series 2. That would be great! I love getting a big random wad of toys shoved in a can.

#44 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:39 PM

And here's a closeup of the figures. That rhino (#38, I think) is my favorite so far.

Attached Files

#45 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:40 PM

I also got a red Battle Box. Essentially it's the FoP starter set, with a rulebook, a map of the Land of Scar, game pieces, and four figures. The figures are pretty awesome, especially the hyper figures, but I'm not sure if they're the same in all Battle Boxes. The Battle Box itself is pretty neat, much cooler than the fist, I think, and able to hold more figures (maybe as much as 20). Here's a pic of the box opened:

the hypers are both warlords

#46 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:41 PM

I'm going to have to scour the Wal-Marts now. Did they have 2-packs there? That may be where all the missing figures are hanging out.

And I suppose if there's a large variety of 5-packs of visible figures as someone suggested, then it may not be as dire as it seemed. I don't know that I've seen such a variety though. I really just don't want to buy a million 2-packs to get the handful of Hypers I really want. I can see I'll already need to buy all the accessories because all of the warlords look great. Maybe they'll resurrect the magic MUSCLE garbage can system for series 2. That would be great! I love getting a big random wad of toys shoved in a can.

Only 5-packs . could this be the longest toy reveiw ?

#47 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

It's no longer a review, it's a warehouse of obsessing. :huh:

#48 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:44 PM

I Love The Rinho i might buy that off amazon to see if there differrent .

#49 Nachoz God of Metal

Nachoz God of Metal

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:48 PM

if there not random how could you get xar

#50 Teacher of Madness

Teacher of Madness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:49 PM

I'm looking forward to this arena playset, because I'm guessing Massaca comes with that, and he's probably my favorite looking character of the whole set. Reminds me of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Hehe.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed on the fistful "profiles" page that there's a collection of "Secret" characters listed which aren't pictured or mentioned anywhere on the packaging? Or is this old news and I need to keep up?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com